“Not just fried food. ”

Ernie's Dockside Cafe & Oyster Bar
Ranked #18 of 96 Restaurants in Niceville
Reviewed 7 October 2017 via mobile

My husband and I both were wanting some non- fried seafood. Ernie's had that for both of us. We had great crisp salads, and grilled red fish. Service was great, food cooked well and a beautiful sunset. Oh yes, don't miss the bread pudding.

Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

Been there many times. Great views and the food is good. They widened the porches so you can sit and watch the sunset. For what you get, the prices are very reasonable. I recommend it

Reviewed 16 August 2017

Okay...So I am VERY honest when I leave a review...Good or Bad. Today...my 1st time here...very bad. Here are the reasons without ANY exaggeration:
I ordered the $14.99 Oyster Po Boy...it literally was 1/2 a sub...VERY wilted lettuce and ONLY (3) Oysters on it! I opened it up...looked and was bewildered...AND to beat all...it was not good. My slaw was okay...I ate 1/2 of the cup.
My wife's food: Fish Platter with Corn Fritters: Okay...corn fritters are 100% out of a bag...no doubt in my mind. She was expecting a true fried corn fritter...like a hush pup.
Fries: Out of a bag and 1 swear to you...the WORST fries we ever had! Cold and soggy.
Fish: Not sure if it was out of a bag...but it had so much residual oil in the plate that I put a napkin under the food and it completely soaked it to the plate.
We left OVER 1/2 the food. The waiter for got the following: Lemons for the water...corn fritters...AND had our orders mixed up and literally went to scrape my wife's fries into my plate with his BARE fingers! My wife looked straight at him and said " Umm...I got it".
Needless to say...not a good experience. I noticed some other people that were leaving and 2 of the guys commented about the horrible food and service.
It was exactly 12:00PM and not busy...so not sure if that was a sign or not.
Make your decision...but the food looks nothing like the commercial I have seen where they prep on the dock and it looks great.
Worst part...no one gave a flying blank about our visit.

3  Thank Eric M
Reviewed 30 July 2017

We had a great dinner . There was four of us eating Baked oysters, fried seafood and Jambalaya. Delicious food, ample portions, and wonderful music cajun music in background. Free

Reviewed 22 July 2017

My husband took me to lunch on a Sunday for my birthday. The place as practically empty, which was strange, but it had been raining. We sat outside under the roof of the expanded deck, the only customers out there, despite comfortable weather. Our service was young and I guess inexperienced. I asked what the fish of the day was, assuming that would be the fish on the fish dinner. She said Mahi-mahi. I ordered the fish dinner. It was pretty good and ample, but when the bill came, it said I had the catfish dinner. I asked the waitress about it and she said the fish dinner always comes with catfish. There was NO mention of catfish either on the menu or by her. Also, even though I think we were her only table, we had to wait a long time for her to bring the check, then we had to ask for boxes, when it was pretty obvious we needed at least one. Also, I think Ernie's should serve a salad or slaw with each meal. They are the only seafood restaurant in their price range who doesn't.

1  Thank Bluewater09