“Welkommen! I always visit when in this part of Florida!”

The Schnitzel Lodge
Ranked #3 of 96 Restaurants in Niceville
Cuisines: European, German
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 18 July 2016

Small restaurant with welcoming service, excellent menu, tasty German cuisine, good beer varieties. Can be a bit noisy when a large party is inside. Nice beer garden outdoors.

1  Thank buschal

Reviewed 13 July 2016 via mobile

Can't say enough good things about this restaurant's food. We both enjoyed the lunch buffet, to include salad, German potato salad, jaegerschnitzel, spaetzle, and sausage (regular and weisswurst). All delicious! The only thing not on the buffet that I wanted to try was potato pancakes but I was too full to order any! Oh the buffet also includes red cabbage but I had a full plate. If you like German food you'll love this place. Prices aren't cheap but the food is worth it.

Reviewed 10 July 2016 via mobile

Very, very good German food; absolutely authentic. The four of us who went to dinner here cannot say enough good things about that food here. Do yourself a favor and go!!!

Reviewed 2 July 2016

My wife and I lived in Germany for 9 yrs so we are more than familiar with the best Germany has to offer and this is it! Authentic Swine Braten with some of the best Red Cabbage we have ever had! We felt like we had taken a mini vacation in Deutschland. Our new favorite restaurant anywhere!

1  Thank David B
Reviewed 28 June 2016

We brought an out of town guest to the Schnitzel House for dinner. We'd talked the place up pretty big since our last positive visit. This time we were greeted at the door by a hostess who'd been out in the sun WAY too long and who was showing us WAY too much of her business to suit us! Disappointing. The servers were all dressed in typical costume but a bit more modest. The meals were good as usual. Our guest, unfortunately felt his traditional schnitzel was a bit too peppery. The server was very nice but a bit forgetful. She was told twice that I wanted gravy ON my FF...she even asked if I wanted them directly on or if I wanted a side dish. I said ON but they came w/o the gravy and I had to ask again and then received it on the side anyway. She asked if we wanted our bread basket replenished and we said "yes" but she never did bring it. Overall, the portions are huge and the food is good, but there are still a few areas for improvement.