“Great place to meet after work”
Review of Boathouse Landing

Boathouse Landing
Ranked #5 of 89 Restaurants in Niceville
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 7 December 2017

A group of us meet once a week after work at the bar below the restaurant called the Bilge. It's a nice covered area right on the bayou. We regularly see dolphins and pelicans nearby. Food is good at a reasonable price.

Reviewed 2 December 2017

We went here Friday night for dinner. WE WISH WE HAD GONE SOMEWHERE ELSE. The interior of the place is old and needs a serious up date. You cannot get a draft beer unless you go downstairs to the bar - that is just stupid. The hushpuppies were cold BALLS OF GREASE. We asked for some new ones. The new hushpuppies were kind of warm balls of grease. NOT HOT, NOT GOOS. My wife enjoyed her salmon but by fish was overcooked and tasted old. OVERALL - nothing I would go back for. Whoever gave this place an excellent rating needs to go somewhere good and find out what fresh fish tastes likes. It is a great locatioin on the water. To bad the food is not up to par. Clean the place up.

Reviewed 31 October 2017 via mobile

We were so looking forward to some good fresh seafood. I mean how hard is it to get good seafood on the coast? Well, coming here made it obvious that it is hard. I should have cancelled my order and left when our hush puppies were served to us cold.

I got the Boathouse Grouper. The lobster tail was way overdone. It was chewy and rubbery. The grouper was dried out. It seemed as if it had been paneed long before we got there and reheated with some sauce splashed on it. My vegetables were cold.

We decided we would go down to the bar where they have more beers to choose from (not really) and the only part of the place you can get $6 dozen raw oysters. When we got there there was only one other table well into their meal. We asked if it was bar service or table service. She said she’d be right to our table after she finished making a cocktail. Then a few guys walked in and she waited on them first. When we asked again if it was table or bar service, she gave us an attitude and said she’d be with us as soon as she had a chance. We left. We won’t be back.

Reviewed 26 October 2017

We took our Dad here for lunch. He is former AirForce and loved speaking with the guys that were there in droves for lunch. The food was good, Dad had the fish and chips, I had the shrimp. They were able to accommodate Dad in his wheel chair. We will go back.

Reviewed 23 October 2017

I was looking for some great local seafood, and this place delivered!

For my appetizer I had the calamari. It was on the crunchy side, which isn't my personal preference (I like it a little chewy), but the delightful sweet asian chili sauce complimented it very well. However, the real fun started when I got my entree: the broiled seafood platter.

It included a small lobster tail, four shrimp, three scallops, an oyster rockefeller, and an amberjack filet. All of it was locally sourced (the manager, when we were speaking, pointed out the window at the two shrimp boats docked outside as the source for most of their seafood), and expertly prepared to bring out the flavors without overcooking. Textures were spot on, and the only sauce that was used (on the amberjack) was light enough that it did not cover up the taste and texture of the fish itself (which I consider a crime against good seafood).

The icing on the cake was the staff: my waitress (Jackie) was both friendly and attentive, and even the manager was happy to stop and talk about their sourcing, the local fishing, and the restaurant itself. All in all, a real treat for a guy from Wyoming who doesn't get fresh seafood often. I will definitely revisit this place any time I'm in the area.