“Good food and nice atmosphere”
Review of Boathouse Landing

Boathouse Landing
Ranked #6 of 94 Restaurants in Niceville
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 26 October 2017

We took our Dad here for lunch. He is former AirForce and loved speaking with the guys that were there in droves for lunch. The food was good, Dad had the fish and chips, I had the shrimp. They were able to accommodate Dad in his wheel chair. We will go back.

Reviewed 23 October 2017

I was looking for some great local seafood, and this place delivered!

For my appetizer I had the calamari. It was on the crunchy side, which isn't my personal preference (I like it a little chewy), but the delightful sweet asian chili sauce complimented it very well. However, the real fun started when I got my entree: the broiled seafood platter.

It included a small lobster tail, four shrimp, three scallops, an oyster rockefeller, and an amberjack filet. All of it was locally sourced (the manager, when we were speaking, pointed out the window at the two shrimp boats docked outside as the source for most of their seafood), and expertly prepared to bring out the flavors without overcooking. Textures were spot on, and the only sauce that was used (on the amberjack) was light enough that it did not cover up the taste and texture of the fish itself (which I consider a crime against good seafood).

The icing on the cake was the staff: my waitress (Jackie) was both friendly and attentive, and even the manager was happy to stop and talk about their sourcing, the local fishing, and the restaurant itself. All in all, a real treat for a guy from Wyoming who doesn't get fresh seafood often. I will definitely revisit this place any time I'm in the area.

Reviewed 20 October 2017

last time I was there, got the steak and turf. great piece of fish. steak was tender.
Sat under the AC and a fan, which made it a little cool.
good service.
If weather is nice, sit outside.

Reviewed 19 October 2017 via mobile

Had dinner while staying in town one night. Tried this place based on reviews - very disappointed. Hush puppies were good but that’s about it. My $13 burger was dry as shoe leather, dish was rubbery, sauce tasted like it was from a season packet in the grocery isle. Not worth the price - atmosphere wasn’t very great either. Our waitress was superb - only thing that stood out about our meal.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 14 October 2017 via mobile

Dinner for seven, on a Friday night, outside on deck overnight Boggy Bayou. Can’t beat the view, the appetizers and atmosphere.
We have lived in Niceville for over 30 years, and this restaurant is our “go to” location to take visitors for dinner, enjoy a leisure meal with family, or meet someone for a healthy salad for lunch.
The hush puppies and strawberry butter are well known, I recommend the fish sandwich or just smoked tuna dip for lunch. Enjoyed the fish of the day last night, swordfish. Wait staff is always friendly and helpful, a real family environment with consistently good, sometimes excellent food. Enjoy, and unwind!