“Great Experience, Pleasant Staff, a QUIET Gem!”

Hampton Inn Niceville-Eglin Air Force Base
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Niceville
Herriman, Utah, United States
“Great Experience, Pleasant Staff, a QUIET Gem!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2012

This Hampton may have converted me! I am a VERY frequent guest of a different chain and was forced to stay at this location for both convenience and access to the customer site. I was beyond pleasantly surprised with the staff who greeted me multiple times by name and by the upkeep of the facility itself. Even the cleaning staff stopped me in the hall to tell me Good Morning! Great experience is an understatement. I just hope my review does not make it too crowded next time I visit! I WILL stay here again and if you were savvy you would as well. The breakfast was great and loads of nice places to eat and shop are only a short drive away. Good stuff I tell you!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
mlhartley, General Manager at Hampton Inn Niceville-Eglin Air Force Base, responded to this review, 3 May 2012
Thanks for choosing us on future visits. We will always hold space for you in our hotel and in our hearts. Have a great summer!
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Dayton, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2012

We loved this Hampton because of the exceptional staff. They always made us feel welcome and treated people like friends not just guests. We received cookies and bottled water on arrival and at departure, appetizer coupons to local restaurants, and shopping, eating, sightseeing info before we had even thought about asking for it. We were greeted every time we came through the lobby, they would even make your waffles for you at breakfast! The breakfast was very good and always well stocked. The hotel is small and just off the main highway so our stay was quiet and it is close to shopping & restaurants and a good base for area sightseeing. My only complaint is there was no exhaust fan in the bathroom, but maybe this is now normal since 3 of the 4 places we stayed at on our trip didn't have one either.
If we are in this area again this is were we will stay!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2012

Check in was good, informed about manager's mixer of pizza and cookies. Room was clean and nice view of bay. In the morning breakfast was good with both hot and cold selections. Overall friendly and clean it was a good stay and I would consider staying again when in town.

Room Tip: I preferred the top floor (3rd flr) because the building is constructed of wood floors so I would im...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2012

This Hampton Inn is small, quiet, and friendly. They are located far enough from the highway for very quiet rooms. The complementary breakfasts are better than other Hampton's, with a real effort from the staff to do the best they can with the materials available. They will even make your waffles for you. The hotel is being renovated in a fairly unobtrusive way, with the lobby and breakfast area complete as of March 2012, and the first floor hallway nearly completed on my last visit at that time. Never tried the pool, but the kids seem to enjoy it. The location is reasonably convenient from Eglin AFB, but is on the east side of town so about a 15 minute drive to the base.

Room Tip: Elevator is slow - if you're impatient or can't use the stairs you may want a ground floor r...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
China Lake, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2012

Stayed at the Hampton Inn in Niceville Fl during spring break week (26-30 mar). The hotel is just finishing a renovation of the breakfast/ welcome/ desk area. It looks very nice. The Hotel is along the very busy John Sims Pkwy, yet is extremely quiet. I didn't hear any street traffic from the lobby or the room. What makes this hotel very good are the people who work there. The hotel was full, yet they remembered and called me by name almost everytime I walked through the lobby. They were able to suggest good places to eat, and even provided a couple of coupons good for free appetizers at various restaurants.
All in all, a very good stay - good people, good faciities, and great location. However it is not on the beach (and that's one of the reasons I stay here)

Room Tip: The only room to stay away from is room 111 which is next to the exercise facility.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Rod K
Also consider these accommodations in or near Niceville
5.8 km away
13.0 km away
Wingate by Wyndham Destin
19.8 km away
BEST WESTERN Ft. Walton Beachfront
BEST WESTERN Ft. Walton Beachfro...
#2 of 29 in Fort Walton Beach
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,206 reviews

Been to Hampton Inn Niceville-Eglin Air Force Base? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK