Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Agoda.com
Vio.com
Etrip
All reviews living kitchen area enjoyed our stay across the street bedroom ocean beach
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 October 2019

Recent ownership and management change without skipping a beat. Still, local family owned and well managed motel style property with large comfortable multi room suites equipped for overnight or extended stays. Excellent location just across A1A from the beautiful New Smyrna Beach. I have stayed there many times in past 10 years and highly recommend this property.

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 13 September 2018

I stayed at this motel for three weeks while taking a course in the area. I had to find other lodging in a hurry due to the poor quality of another place I'd reserved and Valdora Court had accommodations for me just when I needed to be rescued. Price was important to me for a three-week stay, and they were just what I needed. They have a very nice pool that is well maintained. The owners live on site and are quite friendly. Whatever I needed, the were happy to provide. Relaxed atmosphere. If you stay near the road, there is a bit of road noise. Air conditioning worked very well. Comfortable bed. I stayed in a small suite with kitchenette. Great shower with strong stream. Small but full refrigerator. Gas stove which lights easily. Not much storage for food for a long stay, but plenty of dishes and pans. Not much silverware, however. Towels could be softer and upgraded. Iron, ironing board provided but did not use. Small microwave provided, which worked well.

I had a problem with small ants in the bathroom, but management provided me with some ant traps and it completely eliminated the problem. I did have a few small geckos that made their way into the room being on the ground floor.

Room tip: Rooms farther from the highway will be quieter. Some rooms newer than others.
Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Jean W
Reviewed 16 May 2017 via mobile

I arrived in New Smyrna Beach on Mothers Day weekend without a reservation. I was traveling alone and just wanted a place for the night. This old time motor court had a vacancy. The owner showed me the room prior to booking. The exterior and interior building was freshly renovated and maintained. The furniture needs updating and then I would say they are a five star mom and pop motel. The bed and loveseat were both old and worn out. The bedspread was beyond its years. Towels were old and too nasty to use. The sheets appeared clean so I laid on bed with my clothes still on. It was OK for my purpose which was to spend my time exploring the area. If the owners could update the furniture and linens, it would be a great place. The pool looked nice but thunder storm prevented my using it. They almost have a five star mom and pop motor court with a few upgrades. Enjoyed a shrimp basket for lunch at JBs Fish Camp on the dock down the road and evening walk on the boardwalk and up the main street with dinner at Clanceys Cantina. Two tacos were great. The lack of acceptable towels in motel prevented my morning shower. I was ruffing it for the night.

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 11 May 2017

We were put into a very small room with extra small washroom and bedroom. We were only there one night, luckily. Pool was nice, weather was good and walking was fine. We overpaid for this place but had no choice as the hotels were $200.00+ for a night.

Date of stay: May 2017
Reviewed 8 November 2016

New Smyrna Beach is a great town. Lots of fun beach and non-beach related things to do. The sunrises are unparalleled, the nightlife is relaxed and active, the historical sites are fascinating, the people are welcoming. It's your perfect blend for a beach experience, and staying in a big, sterile chain hotel would've been just fine. But if you were to pass up this gem you'd miss out on that certain intangible feeling you get from staying in what is truly among the last of the real Mom & Pop motor inns.

The Valdora Court Motel was everything we were looking for, and so much more. To be honest I was not sure what to expect, being that I've tried to stay at a few of these roadside motels recently and been met with substandard conditions. Rest assured, from the moment you lay eyes on VCM you feel like you're looking at a postcard image of an idyllic Florida motor inn from 50 years ago. The property and upkeep are clean and tidy. We were greeted by the owners and from the first interaction they were kind and friendly and very knowledgeable about the area. The word 'hospitality' is something you don't hear a lot of anymore, but these people exemplified it.

Check in was a breeze and we were shown to our room. We chose a single bedroom apartment and it was very surprising--it was huge. A living area, dining table, full-sized kitchen, separate bedroom with a very comfortable bed and a full closet, flat screen TV with the biggest range of cable stations I've ever seen in a hotel, and a spacious bathroom. There was even a rear door with a porch area. And the room was the last in the row (making it the nearest to the road), but it was quiet--we never noticed any highway noise, though the sound of the ocean was ever present and wonderful. Yes, the room is older, but it is clean, well maintained, and fully stocked with all the amenities of home. And a Publix just around the corner made it all the easier to stock the room. The pool is towards the back of the property, and it was beautiful and relaxing.

(The rest of our party came up the next day and they reserved one of the two-bedroom apartments and everything I said about our room can be said for theirs. Such a fantastic layout.)

The hotel is located on one of the main roads, Atlantic Ave., but by the time the road reaches this area it's mainly a residential area and traffic is greatly reduced. But it's only about a 2 minute walk to the ocean, with two convenient beach access points located across the street on both sides property.

I cannot thank the innkeepers enough for such a wonderful stay. Places like this kept up at such a high standard are rare to find nowadays. Especially one in this price range, which was the lowest price per night in all of New Smyrna Beach. They definitely made return customers out of us all.

Room tip: The rooms closer to the street are closer to the beach; the ones further away from the street are closer to the pool.
Date of stay: November 2016