Open today: 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM

Reviewed 2 September 2018
mialynn02
Orlando, Florida
via mobile

All reviews surf camp great instructor group lesson private lesson explained everything lots of fun surfing dutton surfed encouraging js teacher sunscreen skills tiffany classes rental
Reviewed 2 October 2018 via mobile

Rented a bike it was great just basic and boring beach cruiser. The beach is a biking environment I was disappointed by the basic bike choice as we would have paid triple for something more interesting.
The staff was slow 30 minutes each time to check in and checkout. Would have desired seamless from our online inquiry.
Staff was laid back, in no hurry, not engaging, wouldn’t recommend nor return.
Your a number in this store, you have no name, just huge lack of caring about customers presence.

Reviewed 17 September 2018 via mobile

I took a 90 minute surf lesson with Elle. It was my first time surfing. I never thought I’d be able to stand up. She is an amazing teacher. I got up on the third wave! It was an unbelievable experience. I highly recommend Jax Surf and Paddle! They are friendly and put me at ease with my first time surfer status. Check them out the next time you’re in Jax!

Reviewed 13 September 2018 via mobile

we had a private surf lesson for 2 with connor. he was a great instructor. he had us shredding liquid in no time. it was a great time i highly recommend taking a 90 minute private lesson with him. thanks for being our go pro camerman connor.

Reviewed 2 September 2018 via mobile

Loved my adventure learning to paddle. Elle was great and taught me how to paddle the right way . I loved it . Will definitely be back .

Reviewed 26 August 2018 via mobile

We had a great time surfing. The teachers were great, we had a party of six all first time surfers. Everyone had a great time. Our ages were nine through 53.

Reviewed 11 August 2018

We put our 12yo granddaughter and 9yo grandson in the morning surf camp for a week. Staff were very patient and supportive. Neither had surfed before, and both were surfing the first day. They had an experience they'll never forget. They loved it.

1  Thank OldDukeDoc
Reviewed 10 August 2018

I had a 60 minute lesson with Conner off Dutton Island. He is a great instructor. I highly recommend this experience. Next step a lesson in the ocean.

Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

We went out today with Connor and my entire family to give SUP at try before going on vacation. The kids had an awesome time and Connor was great with them. This is my second outing with Jax Surf and Connor. The entire team delivers great service and a comfortable, fun time. My kids have also been in their surf camp 3 times and ask to go back every summer.

Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

I had a 60 minute lesson with Connor. It was a great experience and I was catching waves in no time!

Reviewed 4 August 2018

After reading several great reviews of Jax Surf & Paddle Camp, I put my two boys in their one-week morning session. The boys loved it - and were (happily) exhausted at the end of every day. I ended up registering them for a second week, and I'm so glad I did. The boys definitely got more comfortable on their surfboards and in the water, and with the terrific group of instructors who supervised them each day. We liked everything about camp - especially the staff, and I would highly recommend it to anyone considering it for their child. My kids absolutely loved it.

Meanwhile, I spent my afternoons on the beach wishing I could join them! So, I did.

I took a private lesson on the last day with Connor & it was such a positive, fun experience, I hope to repeat it again soon - with my husband. Connor thoroughly explained and demonstrated exactly what I needed to do to successfully "surf" a wave, patiently answered all my questions, critiqued my dry land technique & capably deflected all my self-criticisms - all before we got out on the water. I felt well prepared for our session & comfortable with him from start to finish.

I won't lie, it was tough going once we hit the waves - lots of wind and rough conditions - but he was calm, cool and collected and he kept me that way too! Connor was lovely to talk to, provided positive and specific feedback after each and every one of my flailing attempts to stand up, and my biggest cheerleader when I finally put it all together and 'surfed' a wave. I was awkward and probably terrible, but you would never know it from his reaction.

Everything about our Jax Surf and Paddle experience was top notch & I'd recommend them to anyone looking for lessons in the Jacksonville area.

P.S. if anyone at JS&P is reading this: I *think* photo evidence of my afternoon exists & if so, I hope you forward it to me!