“Great Experience For Our Grandkids”

Jax Surf and Paddle
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Jacksonville Surf and Paddle is North Florida's premier Surf and Stand Up Paddleboard school, Surf Camp, and Beach Rental provider. We offer a wide variety of surf, stand up paddleboard (SUP), and fitness classes specifically designed to meet your individual needs. Situated 2 miles north of Jacksonville Beach in Neptune Beach FL., we are blessed with warm temperatures year round. With easy access to both the beach for surf lessons and the Intracoastal Waterway for SUP, your next lesson is just minutes away. "Any age and any stage" as we like to say! No one is ever too young or too old to benefit from board sports. Whether you are looking for a private beginner surf lesson or advanced competitive training for your aspiring surfer, we have a class that's right for you. Come explore beautiful inlets and winding creeks with us today! All Jacksonville Surf and Paddle lessons and tours are available 7 days a week.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage, Activities for young children
Reviewed 11 August 2018

We put our 12yo granddaughter and 9yo grandson in the morning surf camp for a week. Staff were very patient and supportive. Neither had surfed before, and both were surfing the first day. They had an experience they'll never forget. They loved it.

1  Thank OldDukeDoc
"tiffany"
"classes"
"rental"

Reviewed 10 August 2018

I had a 60 minute lesson with Conner off Dutton Island. He is a great instructor. I highly recommend this experience. Next step a lesson in the ocean.

Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

We went out today with Connor and my entire family to give SUP at try before going on vacation. The kids had an awesome time and Connor was great with them. This is my second outing with Jax Surf and Connor. The entire team delivers great service and a comfortable, fun time. My kids have also been in their surf camp 3 times and ask to go back every summer.

Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

I had a 60 minute lesson with Connor. It was a great experience and I was catching waves in no time!

See more reviews
Reviewed 4 August 2018

After reading several great reviews of Jax Surf & Paddle Camp, I put my two boys in their one-week morning session. The boys loved it - and were (happily) exhausted at the end of every day. I ended up registering them for a second week, and I'm so glad I did. The boys definitely got more comfortable on their surfboards and in the water, and with the terrific group of instructors who supervised them each day. We liked everything about camp - especially the staff, and I would highly recommend it to anyone considering it for their child. My kids absolutely loved it.

Meanwhile, I spent my afternoons on the beach wishing I could join them! So, I did.

I took a private lesson on the last day with Connor & it was such a positive, fun experience, I hope to repeat it again soon - with my husband. Connor thoroughly explained and demonstrated exactly what I needed to do to successfully "surf" a wave, patiently answered all my questions, critiqued my dry land technique & capably deflected all my self-criticisms - all before we got out on the water. I felt well prepared for our session & comfortable with him from start to finish.

I won't lie, it was tough going once we hit the waves - lots of wind and rough conditions - but he was calm, cool and collected and he kept me that way too! Connor was lovely to talk to, provided positive and specific feedback after each and every one of my flailing attempts to stand up, and my biggest cheerleader when I finally put it all together and 'surfed' a wave. I was awkward and probably terrible, but you would never know it from his reaction.

Everything about our Jax Surf and Paddle experience was top notch & I'd recommend them to anyone looking for lessons in the Jacksonville area.

P.S. if anyone at JS&P is reading this: I *think* photo evidence of my afternoon exists & if so, I hope you forward it to me!