“Finally real Chinese food in Naples”
Review of Asian Palace

Asian Palace
Ranked #617 of 1,080 Restaurants in Naples
Reviewed 30 August 2016

I went in a few months ago by chance. I'm so glad I did. The food is fresh, well cooked and with a friendly staff. I don't understand the bad reviews i've read. I have been going back now on at least five different occasions. My wife and I have ordered different meals including sushi and everything has been well made with fresh ingredients. The prices are excellent especially the specials. Where else in Naples can you get a special of three full meals for under $25? That's soup, egg roll, rice, a main course and a fortune cookie. Only authentic Chinese in town.

1  Thank David O

Reviewed 19 July 2016

We visited this restaurant a month or two ago and the food was great!

However, during our most recent visit in mid July 2016, things have changed. I should have seen the "writing on the wall" when I ordered take out and they told me "at least 20 minutes." I wondered where the "10 minute" went when you normally order any Asian/Chinese food (ha ha ha), but not here.

I went next door to Publix to do some shopping, which ended up taking me nearly 30 minutes. I returned back to the restaurant and the employee said "a few more minutes, okay?" Of course I had already paid and my family was waiting for our food, so I had no choice but to wait. I then saw him run out of the store and return back with fresh vegetables that I presumed he bought in the grocery store next door and had to now cook them. 20 plus more minutes went by and I finally received my food.

I could understand that restaurants run out of ingredients and things, but when we got home, the food tasted horrible. No where near the quality we previously experienced. The vegetables were overcooked, soggy and overloaded with sauce and the meat was like sawdust.

The only reason I am giving them 2 stars if from our previous experience, so that has to count for something.

We WON'T be back

Reviewed 23 June 2016

I have tried it three times since it opened just to be sure. The food is bland and flavorless, it doesn't taste like they even know how to make Chinese food, and it is overpriced for what you are getting. I do not give this restaurant such a low score lightly, but there are literally dozens of better choices for Chinese take out in Naples. The one good thing I will say is that the staff is friendly.

Reviewed 26 January 2016 via mobile

Came here because it was at China Lynn's old location. That was the first mistake. We got here around 715, and ordered. Quite pricy, shrimp tempura 6 for 6.25, 6 crab rangoons for 4.75, and general tsos chicken with beef lo mein and won ton soup. Total came to $25 and change without drinks. It took almost an hour to get our food and other people were also complaining and waiting. They used a microwave to warm sauces. We finally recidced it and drove home. As soon as I opened the shrimp tempura the first thought was how tiny they were. Probably the length of my thumb and not very flavorful. The crab rangoons were the blandest I had ever had and pretty cold, which sucks because we waited SO long. Hubby said the General tsos was mediocre at best and everything he had was bland. We wish we could throw it up and have a cheeseburger. Neither of us are full but stopped eating because lack of flavor. If you want to spend $25 in that plaza you're better off grabbing a few tacos at tacos and tequila. Nothing could make me go back there.

Reviewed 17 December 2015

Asian Palace had its grand opening during our visit to Naples in November. My boyfriend and I decided to give it a try. The food is good and fresh. The restaurant was very clean with all new appliances. We will definitely be back.

1  Thank Stephanie R