“Great resort”

The Naples Beach Hotel & Golf Club
Ranked #21 of 59 Hotels in Naples
Reviewed 9 March 2012

My wife and I stayed here for 3 nights and for the most part we were impressed. The location is ideal, right on the beach. We stayed in the Patio building and the room was very nice and very clean. The bed was a little soft, but overall no complaints about the room. The staff overall was excellent, everyone was very nice and helpful. The pool area was also very nice and we hung out at the pool bar a few times, great view of the gulf. The breakfast buffet was also very good and actually affordable.

My only negative was that they charge $9.95 a day for Internet. That seems excessive to me. I'd rather they charge me more for the room and include it in that charge. Other than than that we had a great stay.

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank sjuhawks19
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 9 March 2012

Stayed here for 3 nights in March. If you are coming to Naples and want to spend time at the beach, STAY HERE! It is so convenient to just be able to walk from your room to the beach, much more than staying at another hotel and taking a shuttle. Since the first night was an add-on to our original reservation and it was at a very busy time, we stayed in two different rooms. Our room in the main building was, as others pointed out, not a great view (rooftops but could still see the gulf) but it was a nice room, and had the best lighting I've seen in hotel rooms, with overhead lights above the bed, as well as a table lamp. And convenient if you wanted to sit in the lobby in the evenings and listen to the piano. Second room was in the Watkins building, also a nice room with balconies overlooking the gulf. Rooms are spacious, nicely designed. All the staff was very accommodating, and they took care of our room switch with all our luggage while we sat on the beach. On-site restaurants are not particularly memorable and not cheap, but they are very convenient, and again the staff is very accommodating. And I'm not a foodie, so I never really care about the food or research it too much either. Reserve a tiki hut for your beach stay, they kept us dry when the sudden rain showers popped up. The mattresses in both rooms were very very comfortable and they have the best feeling sheets!

Room Tip: Watkins has good views, but I didn't mind the main building either, even without the views--beca...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank travelingmom30577
Reviewed 8 March 2012

My sons and I stayed here last week for three nights. We stayed in the Cabana section. Unattractive section as far as the exterior. View was of the roof top and HVAC units in front of our room. Beds were extremely uncomfortable. Standard hotel room. Nothing special. When I was checking out, I wanted to print out my boarding passes. Everything costs money! $3.95 for 15 minutes use of the computer. Then the printer was low on toner and barely printed visible copies. I told the staff at the front desk, who seemed disinterested.

All in all, I would not rate this hotel anything more than average. Great location is a redeeming factor. Food was good, not great. Staff were good. Golf course was outstanding. I would consider staying here again, only for the location though. Be careful that you don't get stuck in the Cabana section.

Room Tip: Do not stay in the Cabana section.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Bill W
Reviewed 2 March 2012

A menagerie of architectural styles - seems like the original hotel just expanded by buying the buildings to the left and right of them and rather than demolishing just gutted and renovated them - it works. Strangely more appealing than one uniform smear of resort sameness blighting a quarter mile of beach. It is a resort however and while we were there we witnessed a wedding (nice) and an accounting seminar dinner (?) Whatever. We we lucky enough again due to the flexibility and decision making freedom of the courteous reception staff (kudos to senior mgt) obtain a last minute waterfront room in a building called The Penthouse a mid 70's hip design 5? story structure (actually with a privately owned penthouse up top used as the guest cottage by the owner whom I understand owns a bazillion sq ft oceanfront home up the block - tight on space? Or so the story goes) the building had a very clean retro interior design and it was actually several hundred yards from main reception - a bit of a hotel unto itself - a good thing because you are removed from the hub of action dining dancing etc centered more closely to the main hotel. Room was clean food was fine. First time (maybe just a drive thru prior) to Naples thought the West Coast was dead - lots of swinging 50's something's decended on the hotel waterside bar the Sunday eve we were there. Elvis was definetly in the building.

• Stayed: November 2011
2  Thank TXZ22
Reviewed 29 February 2012

Wow! This hotel is fantastic and located directly on the beach. My family and I stayed here in may 09 for 3 nights and was not disappointed. We had a room at the front of the hotel with a balcony as we got a deal, the rooms facing the ocean are expensive but worth the money. The room itself was decorated so nice you really get what u pay for. In the morning they leave you a paper outside your door and when we arrived we ordered another mug as there was only 2 and they came in when we was out and left chocolates on our pillows. I would really recommend this hotel its gorgous! The only downside was not all the eating places were open but other than that the hotel was great and if i return to naples i will stay here again as I have stayed at others in the area since and they do not compare.

Room Tip: I would recommend an oceanfront with a balcony the views are amazing.
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family