2,136 results
All reviews gumbo limbo the grill mineral pool sushi bar club level poolside cafe family pool four seasons an umbrella turn down service beautiful hotel valet parking golf resort gulf view room pool staff watching the sunset gulf of mexico
Reviewed 13 December 2010

Although this hotel is indeed grand, it is not over- the- top opulence, which I like. Absolutely beautiful, but not too stiff, nor overly pretentious. The spa is fantastic! I try to book when the hotel is not too full, so it is a bit more peaceful in the spa (often pre wedding parties and too much laughter when you just want to zone out). The Grill has magnificent dining and the harpist out on the lawn by the pools in the afternoons is so relaxing, yet upbeat with a tropical feel. I especially enjoy the fresh squeezed O.J. in the lobby reception area. A very nice welcome upon arrival... or just after a morning run. The $25 daily valet parking fee is a bit annoying, but all in all... I really like this hotel! Probably my favorite Ritz Carlton in the US...but I certainly have not been to them all.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 November 2010

The Ritz Naples is a nice hotel, however it is not a five star resort nor does it even remotely compare to other Rtiz properties (or The Four Seasons).

The rooms and suites are very small and old which is not what I expected given the very high prices. The common areas and the hotel in general are showing signs of age and wear. The service is also not at all what you get at a Four Seasons or Mand Oriental.

Good: The location is very nice. The pools and beach areas are nice (as long as you don't mind tons of kids). The restaurants, bars, and other snacking options are great. The spa was outstanding.

Bad: Service is just ok. The service at the pool is virtually non-existent. ....and then the bed......oh Dear lord....the bed. It is not the usual Ritz sleeping experience. I was in a suite and the bed was so old that the entire thing would "lift up" on both sides if you laid in the middle. It was like sleeping on a bad couch. I am not sure if my back will ever be the same. At these rates, one would think that the hotel could update the mattress. They charge you $20/day for valet and there is no self parking option. They charge you for internet usage.....

I would not likely return to this property.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 November 2010

We stayed in a gulf view room which means from our balcony we were actually looking down on the roof of a building, but could see the gulf from around the corner of the building. While laying in bed you see just the water and sky. It was nice, but I never went out on the balcony when I saw the view and heard the sound of the air-conditioining units whirring.
The hotel, room, service and facilities are very nice. It was a very relaxing vacation.
My biggest complaint would be that the internet cost $10 per day. It seems to me that if hotels like the Hampton Inn and so many others offer free internet that this hotel should too. I also didn't like that they had a tax of $1.50 on top of their $25 valet parking fee!
What is that about? On the plus side, the valet service was outstanding. Our car was always waiting for us when we called and came down.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank strawberries4U
Reviewed 15 November 2010

My husband and I loved the Ritz-Carlton. Everyone is so friendly, helpful and gracious. The room was fine, with nice amenities. But the pool areas and beach access were the best part. The food in the various restaurants was excellent and not really more expensive than some of the local restaurants. As an extra note: there was a gas main disaster in Fort Myers which resulted in no hot water for the time we were there! Lots of cold showers, but the staff was helpful and apologetic.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 November 2010

I stayed here for about 5 days and would have stayed a couple of days longer if the hotel had availability.

When we booked in we had a part ocean vew room but wer were upgraded to a full ocean when we checked in. It was a tremendous view. The hotel is very relaxing and we throughly enjoyed our stay.

The bedrooms were in good condtion and the beds particularly were very comfortable. During our stay there seemed to be some work happening in the hotel, nothing to disrupt our peace but as another reviewer mentioned you can tell its slightly worn around the edges, however nothing to put you off staying...I'd go back tomorrow! There appeared to be new carpets on our floor so I do think they are doing some minor imrovements to the hotel.

The breakfast restaurant is in particular though needs a full renovation in my opinion it really does look like an airport marriott inside. We ate out nuch of the time or had room service and had dinner only one night at the Grill. This restaurant is s joke its sooo dark its unbelievable. Personally I wouldn't waste your money to go theret. The food is fine, its the decor, lighting and general ambience which I think needs to change, its very outdated theme upscale restaurant.

The grounds are immaculate and the service at the pool is very good. Overall I would happily stay at the Ritz again we had a fab stay

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family