2,136 results
All reviews gumbo limbo the grill mineral pool sushi bar club level poolside cafe family pool four seasons an umbrella turn down service beautiful hotel valet parking golf resort gulf view room pool staff watching the sunset gulf of mexico
Reviewed 12 July 2006

Stayed on the Club floor for 3 nights around the 4th of July. I had a "coastal view" room (#1322), which I was concerned about until I got there--I could actually see a LOT of the beach and ocean, beautiful sunsets, plus condo row and some of Naples Park. I loved the view--lots of fun watching people walk down Vanderbilt to the beach. The room is beautiful, of course. The bed was just a teensy bit lopsided on the side which everyone sits on to use the phone--so common in hotels. But it wasn't bad enough to disturb my sleep.

You simply must fork over to stay on the Club floor. 5 amazing food presentations daily, all of it absolutely delicious. They had some delicacies in little servings, some of which I couldn't even identify (for example, some kind of pastry shell with something inside) but which were unbelievably tasty. Free wine and champagne. It's fun to people watch in the club lounge--you have your rich old people wondering how the rest of us riffraff got in; you have the upscale couples used to the best; and you have your newly-wealthy executive types with their wives, marveling at the place and the service. It's not stuffy, tho, really. I'm one of the newly-"wealthy" exec types (female, though), and I felt perfectly comfortable. I visited the lounge on the evening of the 4th, had a few decadent snacks, poured myself a glass of champagne, and then watched fireworks all over Naples from my balcony. It just doesn't get any better than that.

Of course everything is $$$$$$$--the restaurants, the gift shop, $25 for a beach umbrella, etc. But sooooo well worth it.

I had lovely peace and quiet on the 3rd and 4th--and then was surprised when the roof repair banging started fairly early in the morning on the 5th. It was LOUD. If I hadn't already planned to be gone all day, it would have been quite distressing. Check ahead before you go on that.

• Stayed: July 2006
11  Thank Beachiz
Reviewed 30 June 2006

We stayed here for our honeymoon in June. This hotel was very nice, wonderful decor and room design. Beautiful view from our balcony of the gulf. They brought us free choc. covered strawberries since it was our honeymoon. The food in the hotel dining establishments was very good, exept it is very expensive, plan to spend a lot if you eat at the hotel. Do not order the chocolate cake from the room service menu, it tasted like frozen Sara Lee cake. For all room service orders they add like $5 and 18% tip. Everyone there expects a tip, so be prepared for this. I forgot my pool supplies and a foam "noodle" was $8 at the pool shop compared to $1 at WalMart. The only really bad thing that happened was at the end of our stay we called the Concierege to call a taxi for just us (2) to go to the Naples Airport the next morning. We get down there and they called a 12 passenger van just for us that was $85, then proceeded to take us to Ft. Myers airport. $85 is crazy for a 5 min. taxi ride. So beware when it comes to money but other than that we had a wonderful time. Very nice hotel. Would come back, when richer

3  Thank cklawguy826
Reviewed 27 June 2006

We enjoyed our stay and found the hotel to be superior in terms of location and service. The rooms and all public areas were neat and clean. We had a few minor glitches, like being accidentally charged for a poolside lunch that we did not order, but the hotel staff was excellent at correcting any shortcomings and very pleasant in every way. We especially liked the towels and services at the pool and beach. The beach area, by the way, was kept spotless! Our only concern was that the restaurant prices, even for the more casual venues, were relatively high. We found ourselves, as well as our fellow guests, dining off premises frequently.

10  Thank visitor60
Reviewed 13 June 2006

My husband and I stayed at the Ritz Carlton, Naples June 9-13. Our stay was wonderful. Even though we had to deal with the effects of tropical storm Alberto the hotel staff more than made up for the bad weather. We had reserved a beach cabana for each of the days we were there but because of the weather were never charged. Never had to say a word about this.

We had several inquiries from the staff regarding our stay. One was a notecard given at turn down service, then a personal phone call from one of the managers to make sure we were having a good time. Unbelievable! We've stayed at other Ritz Carlton properties (Manalapan, Battery Park, Maui, and Cleveland) and have never experienced the service that the Naples establishment provided. When we had our privacy sign on our door during turn-down service...there hanging on our door were our chocolates--this happened twice! Little touches like this made our stay so special.

We ordered room service one night around 10:00 and only waited about 15 minutes at the most for our order. Service with a warm smile everywhere we went!!!

We had an issue with being double-charged for Internet service. We saw this when we checked our account on the TV. We called and were given no hassles, the extra charges were removed promptly with a sincere apology.

The beach is wonderful and very clean. Nice touches like iced tea and lemonade were provided in the lobby throughout the afternoon.

We can't say enough about this resort. If you want a few relaxing, pampering days take a trip to the Ritz, Naples. You will not be disappointed!!!

7  Thank tzelma
Reviewed 2 June 2006

We stayed here to celebrate my birthday and the Ritz knows how to do it right--a gift of free champagne plus a beautiful card from the hotel staff, and an upgrade to an ocean view room. It is worth the money to stay on the Club floor of this hotel, with its 5 times a day food service, free drinks, and private floor concierges. The RCNaples is a on lovely stretch of beach that just begs to be walked on twice a day. Also, the RC Naples spa is the number one spa in Florida and the number 12 spa in the country and it deserves this rating. The massages, facials and ambience of the spa's 51,000-sq. feet were heavenly--as was the Elixir drinks (I bought some to take home). I highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for posh surrounding and a relaxing vacation in Naples.

• Stayed: May 2006