2,136 results
All reviews gumbo limbo the grill mineral pool sushi bar club level poolside cafe family pool four seasons an umbrella turn down service beautiful hotel valet parking golf resort gulf view room pool staff watching the sunset gulf of mexico
Reviewed 31 December 2011

Our family just completed our third visit to the Ritz Naples between Christmas and the end of the year.
From booking the reservation to the car attendants to the attentive service given at the club lounge and at the beach nothing more can be expected . The level of service is incredible. After staying at other high quality resorts (including various Four Seasons properties) this property is comparable to none other for a true top quality full service resort. The list of amenities including a first class fitness facility, great beach location, and access to challenging golf at Ritz Naples Golf are many. If you are willing to pay for quality and supreme service you would not go wrong.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
4  Thank propertymanagerfour
Reviewed 28 December 2011

Stayed with 2 kids. Interesting policy of no roll away beds. Luckily got a room with 2 queen beds. Restaurants have boring menus so ate at restaurants off resort. Rooms are great. However, bathrooms are small. Service staff are excellent. The beach is awesome.

• Stayed: December 2011
Reviewed 28 December 2011

I simply had to write a review regarding the Christmas Day buffet @ the Ritz. It was one of the most amazing days that our family has ever had - and we have been all over. The Ritz really went above and beyond to make it both a magical and amazing overall experience. One could not even begin to describe the decorations, the service, the food, ....really the entire three hour ordeal.

My family of 7 simply did not want to leave. The dessert selections alone were enough for me to come back next year. They had a live band playing classical Christmas music, Santa and Mrs. Clause, a movie theater for Children, and a free family photo. Yes it is pricy at $125 per person but it is worth every penny. The food was an A+++

Thank you Ritz Carlton for making our 2011 Christmas one of the best we can remember.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank andrew_branham
Reviewed 27 December 2011

The rooms could use a carpet update (wood floors even better), but still pretty and refreshing to be in good care. Most hotels here are staffed by unmotivated people. This is a gem.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank NaplesPrince
Reviewed 26 December 2011

We stayed at the Ritz-Carlton the week of Thanksgiving this year for a bit of a family reunion. When we arrived early Sunday afternoon, I was a bit thrown off by the sheer hectic crowdedness of the lobby area - tons of people and suitcases - but I think we arrived during check-out for the weekend. I never saw the lobby anything like that again for the rest of our stay.

The staff was extremely accommodating and friendly upon check-in - my husband's mom had left instructions about where our room should be relative to his sister's family's room, but when we had other ideas, they were quick to accommodate the change. The staff at all the dining rooms, as well as our housekeeping staff, were always very friendly and helpful and accommodating.

One small annoyance for the entire trip was the fact that you had to use your keycard to use the elevator. I know this is supposed to add security, but for a beach/resort hotel, it was quite annoying to have to fumble for your keycard every time you wanted to get something from your room. The hotel didn't seem to be in a particularly public area, so I can't imagine how much public foot traffic they get that would warrant this extra security (unlike, say, in Las Vegas).

The room was lovely - we were on one of the side wings of the beach/courtyard side so we had a nice view of the ocean when we stepped out onto the balcony, as well as a view down into the courtyard (where there was a wedding one day) and over onto the beach (balcony was small, furniture not particularly comfortable). I am a terrible sleeper - usually can't sleep in hotels, or even my own bed, have difficulty falling or staying asleep - but I slept better our week in the Ritz-Carlton Naples than I have in a very long time. In fact, that was absolutely the highlight of the trip for me - all the uninterrupted, blissful slumber on their comfortable bed and quiet room.

The bathroom was beautiful but oddly setup, IMO, with a door into the sink/shower over bathtub area, and then another door into the toilet room, but with both doors swinging open into the middle room. One of my biggest complaints about hotel bathrooms is that they often lack anywhere to hang towels, even as they post signs saying "please help us save the environment - hang towels to indicate reuse". The Ritz was sadly not much better - there was one hook on the door and there *was* a towel rod, but in the shower. If you splashed around too much in the shower, no towel on that rod was going to get that dry, but it was better than nothing.

We did appreciate the turndown service with the chocolates and little water bottles each night. Housekeeping visited twice a day, somehow managing to find their way in between our frequent returns to the room to get things clean and nice for us.

There are many dining options at this resort, and half of them are very family friendly (my husband's sister has twin 3 year old boys, so we had to find the family friendly ones). The Terrace Restaurant was the most traditional restaurant, food-wise, and very kid-friendly. I had some tasty food there the first day, and we had the breakfast buffet there each morning. The buffet was included in our package but not cheap otherwise, but had a nice variety of delicious hot food options, from cheese blintzes, pancakes, bacon, eggs, etc, to an omelette station manned by a chef ready to fulfill your order. The fruit was amazing - the best, sweetest raspberries, blackberries, and strawberries each morning (despite it being the end of November in Florida - where did they get them??).

We also ate at the Sushi Bar, which is really a low key sports bar, and only serves sushi Wed-Sun or something limited like that, so we ended up eating burgers, pizza, and other Western food there instead (all excellent) while the boys played at the pool tables. "Bites" in the lobby lounge area was an excellent tapas-style restaurant, with a lot of delicious choices for both meal and dessert (which also allowed us to order desserts from The Grill's dessert menu), and accommodated our twin boys by putting us off to the side where they wouldn't disturb people. The poolside restaurant also was a nice lunch option. On one night, four of the adults in the group went to the Grill, which was an upscale steak/seafood restaurant. We never got to Gumbo Limbo or the restaurant in the spa, though we did get a lot of virgin pina coladas from the bar right next to the beach.

The beach was quite nice - beach umbrellas cost like $25 to rent, but then you could reserve the chairs around it practically all day and no one would steal your spot. The water, being the gulf side, was quite calm most of the time, which is great for young kids playing, though watch out since a few feet out, the sand drops like a foot. It never gets that deep, for an adult, but it's a bit of a sudden dropoff for small children. Further out, you start treading on sand dollars. We rented a kayak, but be aware that the place that rents out kayaks, paddleboards, etc, is not part of the hotel so you can not charge it to your room - bring money or a credit card.

There were a couple pools - one adult one with the cabanas around it and a 3-lane area in the middle to do laps, with a hot tub next to it - and one family one, as well as a small shallow kiddie pool behind a gate. All very nice, and quite popular - lots of people lounging around and playing in the pool.

The hotel is super kid-friendly - I was impressed by how accommodating they were for kids in every part of the hotel,with lots of activities, meal options, etc.

The fitness center was great - it's only staffed part of the day but open all the time - and it has a full complement of equipment, be it cardio, weight, circuit, or balance balls, bosu balls, etc. There is water provided, and earphones for your use. My only complaint is that there were no individual TVs on the cardio machines so you had to watch whatever was on one of the three main TVs in the cardio area. I guess I've been spoiled that way by other gyms.

A small tip - there is free wifi in the lobby area and poolside restaurant, but not the rooms. A nice place to pick up some wifi is the terrace on the first floor above the poolside restaurant - it's big, shady, lots of comfortable seating, and almost no one goes there except to walk down to the pool level. T-Mobile service is almost nonexistent at this resort.

Also, the resort is close to almost nothing though there is a Japanese steakhouse across the street that we almost went to, which was highly recommended. It's quite a ways from downtown Naples too, though when we arranged for an Everglades Tour via Trusted Tours, they did come pick us up at the hotel.

Overall, it's a really nice resort and we had a really comfortable stay there. I am a bit overly picky about expensive resorts like this, since I think they should get things better than mid-range chains, hence some of the criticisms above, but it was still an excellent place to stay for a relaxing beach/pool week.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family