3,696 results
All reviews adult pool tram ride beach staff waldorf astoria golf cart self parking family pool an umbrella per day clam pass gulf view main pool pool bar lounge chairs hotel guests waterside shops great resort
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

This was a very expensive week with extra charge for parking each day, a 15 min walk to the beach/ a lovely walk but we were disappointed that we weren’t on the beach. Wifi only worked if we stood at the room door. This is very expensive as you pay the upgrade of 14.00$ a day and it still didn’t work. Naples is beautiful and the place is very comfortable and clean. Pools are clean and very warm. Grounds are lovely.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Anthonia S, Director of Front Office at Naples grande beach resort, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2018

Thank you for your review of your stay at the Naples Grande. We sincerely apologize for your experience with our WiFi, We are currently addressing with our management and technical staff how to best resolve this issue. It is from input such as yours that allows us to address that areas that we can improve upon. Our resort is not a beach front property but a beach resort property which is easily confused at times. We truly appreciate your feedback and hope you will consider us again on your next trip to Naples.

Reviewed 5 April 2018

Two out of the three times we stayed at the Naples Grande, there have been issues. Issue 1: Recently we had booked a suite for four nights, not booked through an Internet discounter, but through a full price internet booker. When we arrived at the Hotel at 5pm on Thursday, 3/29/18, we were told there were no suites available. So, essentially, we were "force booked," at the eleventh hour, into one of their hotel rooms, room #1811, instead. Then on the evening of Friday, 3/30/18, the air conditioning ceased to work and we woke up Saturday morning in a sweat. (We heard the room beside us also fiddling with their a/c. So, it appears to have been at least a floor problem.) Issue 2: On our very first visit to the Naples Grande, when we attempted to check-in, slightly after the posted check-in time, we were told that our suite was not ready and to come back later.

On checking in for our most recent visit, the front desk did say we could have a suite on 3/30/18 for three of our four nights. However, since we were only at the hotel for four full days, I did not want to "live out of my suitcase" for a full day. I wanted to unpack & get on with my "big birthday" celebration. So we stayed in the hotel room for the full length of our stay.

I take 1-4 pleasure trips yearly and have done so for the past 25 years. I have never had a reservation not honored, until this time with the Naples Grande. In fact, this forced downgrading of our accommodations so upset me that I told my companion I wanted to check out early. My desire to quit a vacation early has only happened one other time in 25 years, on Culebra, when I was being eaten alive by mosquitoes. We did not check out of the Naples Grande early. But we spent a portion of our last day visiting other Naples hotels for next year's Naples vacation. I had looked forward to staying in a suite, with it's extra bathroom, and felt used that the hotel did not honor our reservation.

Be smart. Don't reserve a suite and don't reserve a residence - - because you may not get it. Reserve a "regular" hotel room instead or reserve at another hotel.

Room Tip: Skip booking suites and residences. Stick with a hotel room because the hotel has more of them to rent.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PatCraig

We sincerely apologize for your negative experiences with our resort. We strive to provide you with the requested room type. When booking through a third party your reservation requests are granted based upon availability and not a guarantee. We do everything available to us to honor that request and we are so sorry that in your situation we were not. We hate to lose you as a loyal Naples Grande patron and would love to have you back. I will assist you in every way that I can to assist you with a future reservation. Again, thank you for taking the time to express your experience.

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

While this property looks great on their website it is hugely disappointing in person. The property is aging and if they had an attentive staff and management you could overcome the shortfalls. The pool deck was too crowded and could not accommodate all the guests. It was difficult to get the waitstaff’s attention for food and drink. Additionally, the line to take the shuttle to the beach was 45 minutes long.

By and large the staff were rude and unhelpful. We experienced disturbing health hazards while there, including feces on the pool deck as well as a sewage back up in our bath tub. The only accommodation we were given was $100 off our total bill. They did not offer to move us to a new room.

I would not recommend this property.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Jill H

We sincerely apologize for the negative experience you had with us. I would love to speak to you personally if you have the available time. I can be reached at asmith@naplesgrande.com and if you can provide me with your contact information we can speak further about your stay. Thank you for taking the time to provide the feedback of your stay.

Reviewed 5 April 2018

My Family and I stayed here about a week ago and had a lovely time. The hotel is absolutely stunning with Top class service from our first meal to our last.

When we arrived we decided to get right in the sun have lunch and drink at the restaurant by the pool and was served with the most warming and entertaining waiter Hardly. Because of his excellent service we kept coming back to the sunny corner table in the sun, (and also the best guacamole I’ve ever had :)).
He was so sweet, attentive and witty made us leave with smile across our face and achy belly from laughter after each meal we had there.

One night we decided to pop in The Catch for cocktail (one of the hotel’s bar/restaurant).
Right away warm welcomes by the smiley Hardly, to our surprise was bartending there as well.
Once again top class service with friendly touch.

Shorty the pool was extremely attentive as well and the lady who was the manger by the pool, I unfortunately did not catch her name was always making sure each and every person was well looked after.

Naples Grand is defiantly not short of 5 star service to go with the 5 star setting of this gorgeous resort!

Room Tip: if you are looking for a quite more secluded suite go for the Garden, its like your own little villa.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank url99

Wow, thank you for such a wonderful review of your stay and several of our staff members. Hardly was very honored to have been such an important factor in your positive experience at the Naples Grande. Shorty and Sarah the pool manager were acknowledged by our management staff as well for their attentiveness. We are so proud of our Grande Team! We hope you will choose us again on your next visit and thank you again for your kind words.

Reviewed 5 April 2018

This was a last minute trip and I could not have been happier. We found The Naples Grand Beach Resort on Trip Advisor and all of the reviews were dead on. The hotel was beautiful, the rooms large and clean and the view from our 9th floor balcony was fantastic.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Sometimes those last minute trips can be the most memorable. Thank you for your nice review and feedback and we hope to welcome you back again soon!