“ok rooms, view was pretty”

Bayfront Inn 5th Ave
Ranked #29 of 59 Hotels in Naples
Reviewed 28 March 2012

We stayed at this hotel on the marina only 1 night. The rooms are ok. I paid for a sleep number bed that didn't work. The bathrooms are remodelled but small! The view from our room was very nice. It faced the marina. If you are a light sleeper like me this hotel is not for you. It is on top of the busy street and heard the traffic all night long. We also could hear the people next door's T.V. around 1am, so I'm guessing the walls are pretty thin. This is an older hotel that has been remodelled. We really did not use any of the other facilities at this hotel.
TIP: buy the bottled water at the front desk store rather than from the room,much,much cheaper!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank M R
Bahigg, General Manager at Bayfront Inn 5th Ave, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2012

Thank you for your review. A guests perception of size, as well as noise levels will generally have more to do with the guests personal preferances and customs than particular issues with the hotel property itself. We have guests that review us as having plenty of room and guests that will review us as small. In regards to noise levels we are located in the heart of downtown Naples, if you come from the country, or even if you are a light sleeper you may hear sounds of the city that you are not accustomed to, but we also have guests who review us as quiet and peaceful. We have found that perception of size as well as sound levels within the hotel vary from guest to guest depending on what those guests individual preferences are, or what they are accustomed to. We are so grateful that you gave us a try, sorry we werent exactly what you were looking for.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 27 March 2012

This is a lovely small hotel with beautiful rooms, great beds and lots of room.
The staff was so friendly and accomodating!
It's location is perfect for shopping in downtown Naples..Just a short walk to all the shops, etc.
The restaurant and bar in the hotel had good food and lovely view of the water.
I would recommend this to my friends.

Room Tip: Make sure you are getting a comfortable bed!
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 March 2012

I'm a little confused by some of the other reviews, or perhaps I was just very lucky. I found the hotel to be a nice little hotel at the end of Fifth Ave, close enough to the action without paying the high price of the Inn on Fifth. We were pleasantly surprised by this hotel and found the room to be absolutely beautiful. The room wasn't the largest I've ever stayed in, but certainly big enough. Trust me, I am a bit of a "hotel snob" (worked for the airlines for 15 years and stayed in beautiful hotels all around the world) and would know a shabby room if I saw it. My room was beautifully decorated in a classy manner with a mediterranean flair. The beds were awesome - and I found the room to be quiet, even though we faced Naples Bay. The bathroom was nice and the water pressure for the shower pretty good. The closet was a bit tight though if you were planning on staying for more than a long weekend, but there was sufficient drawer space.The room had a large flat screen TV, inroom safe, etc.. There was parking in front and in rear (under cover in case it rained) which was free. My room had a lovely view overlooking Naples Bay. (We we had no grids (?) on the window - not sure what the other reviewer meant by that), I suppose you get what you pay for and we reserved the Luxury Bay View room. I stayed there for the New Year's Eve weekend and all the lights in the little piazza outside of the hotel was just beautiful. There are restaurants right out your door, along with the bay and the water taxis, etc. I stayed there with my girlfriend and the only thing I would say that I wasn't crazy about was the walk back from the main drag at night as it is a bit dark and lonely at night, but it was too close to where the action is to bother taking the car. I enjoyed my stay and would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Judging from some other reviews, I would probably avoid the standard room and make sure you book the...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Nygarmento
Reviewed 21 March 2012

This is an affordable hotel on the Naples Bay, but the rooms are terribly small and dated. The air conditioner was loud and the room temperature was inconsistent. I would suggest that if you have "view rooms," you don't put grids in the windows and you might even want to wash them some time. Our Bay View room was at the end and was actually a "cement walkway" view. This hotel was very noisy from the hotel's bar which was outside. Lots of Kingdom of God reading materials just in case you didn't bring a book.

Room Tip: If you want a quieter room, I would suggest NOT being on the Bay View. Save the money and take a cit...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank FrogDogGirl
Bahigg, General Manager at Bayfront Inn 5th Ave, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2012

As I stated to the previous reviewer not every hotel is a perfect fit for every guest. I noticed that you had 17 other reviews 4 of which were for hotels. It looked like the only hotel that you were really happy with was The Ritz Carlton, which is a five star hotel. The Bayfront Inn is a very quaint, warm and friendly, three and a half star hotel. We are located on Naples Bay and also right in the heart of beautiful downtown Naples. Our rooms are very clean and current and our decor throughout the hotel is Caribbean chic. Again as stated previously we are in the process of replacing all of our in room air conditioners, but I think most of your comments had more to do with your personal preferences, than actual issues with the hotel. In regards to your view and being able to hear sound from the bar this had to do with your selection of room type and that you booked a room with a discounted rate. I am very sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us but we are very proud of our hotel and feel that we compete extremely well within our catagory and rating. Unfortunatly in this case we were just not the right hotel choice for you. Thank you so much for staying with us.

Reviewed 19 March 2012

Hotel is a bit dated and almost claustrophobic. pretty view out the back if you have a rear view. rooms however are on the darker side. A/C didn't work very well so opened the window,then couldn't get the window to close. In need of some good maintenance .

Room Tip: rear with water view.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank chingha63
Bahigg, General Manager at Bayfront Inn 5th Ave, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2012

So sorry you were not happy with your stay with us. Based on your types of comments I would say that we are probably just not the right hotel choice for your personal preferences. Im very sorry that you had a maintenance issue in your room. I see that as compensation you were upgraded from a city view room to a luxury bay view room, Im glad you thought this view was nice. Best wishes and thank you for staying with us.