“A fine base for visiting the nature reserves of SW Florida.”

Comfort Inn and Executive Suites
Ranked #36 of 59 Hotels in Naples
Chilwell, United Kingdom
“A fine base for visiting the nature reserves of SW Florida.”
Reviewed 2 March 2012

Despite other negative reviews, this suited our needs well. It was close to several main routes so we could access the Everglades and other wildlife viewing places, easily. This was the main purpose for our trip.
We stayed in an efficiency which was a huge room with 2 double beds. It was equipped with fridge, freezer, microwave, cooker with oven, coffee maker and dishwasher.
Both hot and cold options were available at breakfast.
Everything worked and the room was cleaned every day. Desk staff were helpful.
There was a Cracker Barrel on the same site and a Wallmart very close, so we mixed self-catering and eating out. The drive into Naples was easy, as was parking.

Room Tip: We were on the third floor looking out from the back of the hotel which was quiet. The windows were...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank judy_kingston
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Reviewed 26 February 2012

I travel extensively for business around the state. I was very surprised with the lack of up keep and the very needed upgrade with this hotel. The price is no where near the quality for the hotel. I will never stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed February 2012
7 Thank jrf42
Sebastian, Florida
Reviewed 23 February 2012

This is like no other Comfort Inn that I have stayed at, usually they are very nice but this was the exception. First of all the staff was rude and not helpful. They were very understaffed but still not an excuse. They had only 1 working elevator and it was very slow, most of the time it was faster to take the stairs and we were on the 4th floor...They had no gym so I guess this replaced it! The pool was nice but there were wet towel everywhere..not very attractive. They had a very nice Tiki bar but it was a local hangout filled with drunks (loud) I did not even feel comfortable enough to go get a glass of wine!
They did have a good free breakfast but the room was so small that you could barely navigate it and forget about getting a table, I would put this on my list as a place to avoid.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank spnguys
Ohio
Reviewed 23 February 2012

We stayed at the Comfort Inn on February 17, 2012. Driving to the hotel in late evening, it looked fine with all the lights lit up on the building. The lobby was dated, but did not appear dirty. We checked in, went to the elevators, found out only one elevator was working, and when it finally reached the lobby floor, we stepped in. That should have been the first sign. The carpet in the elevator was black! We got off the elevator, and I immediately noticed that the hotel was really dated. The hallway carpets did not look like they had been swept for awhile. We walked into the room, and it was really dated. I just felt buggy in there. We were suppose to be staying 2 nights. I told my husband I did not think I could stay 2 nights. He tried to convince me that everything would be alright. Kids running down halls, not able to sleep, bathroom old looking, I got up in morning and decided to look for another hotel in Ft. Myers. We decided to go get continental breakfast. Got back into the filthy elevator, walked to small area for breakfast, husband walked over to get hot breakfast of eggs, etc. and it was empty! He turned around in disgust, and came over to me and said "Lets get out of here". I went to the front desk and told them we were not happy with this hotel and could not stay here. Must have heard it before because they never asked me what was the problem or if there was anything they could do to make us happy. Do not stay here. You will not be happy. I could not get out of there soon enough!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank DaisyOhio
Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed 22 February 2012

Stayed here this past week and had one of the worst hotel stays yet. My fiance and I requested a non-smoking king room as he is 6'5 and takes an entire double bed to himself. To which we were given 2 double beds in a marked 'non-smoking' room that had obviously been smoked in. I am an asthmatic and allergic to smoke, so upon entering I was immediately aware of the smoke. We attempted to switch rooms only to be given an extremely hard time by the female working at the desk, (name forgotten). After a lot of begging and pleading to be relocated for health concerns, a different employee finally stepped up and begrudgingly gave us another room. This was one a wheel-chair accessible room and the employees were exremely worried that they would need to kick us out to give it to someone in need of that specific room. I would like to add, that we were here earlier in the week with a nicer king room that had a kitchenette, which was pretty nice. My fiance and I left for a few days and I left one of my suitcases with a friend who was also staying at the hotel so that I wouldn't have to lug it around with me. She however left the hotel before I returned and left the suitcase at the front desk for me upon my arrival. So when we checked back in on Sunday the same employee that was giving us such a hard time about our room was also there when I asked if they had my suitcase. Her response "Come back here and get it" as in come behind the desk and get it yourself. I was thoroughly disgusted with this response. She didn't know my name, nor did she bother checking the name tag on the bag, she could have given that bag to anybody, regardless of its contents. Considering I had just returned from Disney where their employees are required to go above and beyond, to have a front desk representative not only remain in her seat (who gave her a chair? No hotel Ive ever been to has allowed their front desk staff to have a chair) but to tell me to come behind the counter to get the bag myself, while she remained seated and then seemed thoroughly disgusted with us that she had to change our room and couldn't be bothered, so another staff member did it for her. Seriously unimpressed with the service we experienced this past weekend. If you are looking for one of the most ignorant unhelpful hotels... this would be it. Good luck!

Room Tip: Just don't stay here.... nowhere near the beach, BUT near highway. Ask for a kitchenette room.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple