“First time visitor”

Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 28 March 2018

We went with another couple because they were in the mood for Sushi. We selected Araya based on location and Tripadvisor recommendations, and the reviews didn't let us down.

They couple that wanted to eat Sushi enjoyed their meal, and every last roll was gone from their plate. He called out the Fiery Grouper as a hit.

I had the cashew chicken bowl and I really enjoyed it with brown rice. Nice rich sauce.

My wife had the chicken teriyaki and while good, she felt needed more sauce as it was a bit dry and a few more vegetables.

While we didn't try one, the Bento someone was having that was setted next to us, looked great and will be worth the try next time we come back.

Great first experience.

Reviewed 22 March 2018

Went there last night with friends ....they are frequent patrons while it was our first (definitely not the last)...food was incredible....atmosphere and service was great

Reviewed 28 February 2018

Dined there last Thursday. We had a reservation for five and were seated promptly . After five minutes or so our waiter came and took our drink order, which arrived promptly. We then ordered three appetizers and five sushi/entree items. No food arrived for over 20 minutes. When it did arrive, the appetizers came with everything else, minus one entree. Sushi rolls were on one plate. After we started eating the waiter came back and said our plate had one too many rolls. He offered to take the plate back or leave it and charge for the extra roll. Fearing we wouldn't see it again we kept .the last entree arrived thirty minutes later, after we said we didn't want it because of the delay. The waiter pushed us to take it, which we did. I calculated the tip minus the two unwanted items, and the waiter expressed his dissatisfaction with the amount. Really?

Reviewed 26 February 2018

Three of us met for lunch a couple weeks ago. The food and service was top notch will be back for sure. Next I want to try happy hour!

Reviewed 19 February 2018

Stopped at Araya for lunch after seeing reviews on Trip Advisor. Glad I did. Located in a strip mall, the restaurant is quite nice. Indoor area is dominated by the rather large granite sushi bar surrounded by tables. Outdoor courtyard is not the most private (it opens to the strip mall) but I dined inside at the sushi bar. Tried a bento box. For about $14 you get a choice of soup or salad and a box with 4 compartments. Two compartments are used for edamame and cucumber salad. A 3rd box is for your choice of sushi and a 4th box is for your choice of entree. Everything I tried was delicious. Better still, the service was top notch. The waitress was very attentive, bringing me things without my having to ask, including several refills on my iced tea. The sushi chef nearest me made smalltalk a few times, and big screen TVs above and behind him entertained me with college basketball and the winter olympics. Could hardly have been happier as I was dining alone.