“Great place for a family” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Naples Bay Resort

Naples Bay Resort
Ranked #6 of 59 Hotels in Naples
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great place for a family”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2012

Although it is not on the beach, the Naples Bay Resort has the resort feel. It has a fine and varied pool area; an excellent fitness center; good restaurants; a location on Naples Bay; and large and varied rooms. Before we arrived, the concierge, Marilyn, helped us book a table a busy, nearby restaurant. The little apartments contain a king bedroom with bath, a queen bedroom with bath; a living room and kitchen and a lovely balcony. TV's are in all the rooms. The complex is quiet and the atmosphere friendly and layed back.

Room Tip: Discuss the options with the reservations folks. There are many choices and configurations.
1 Thank 72goldie
NBR_Manager, Front Office Manager at Naples Bay Resort, responded to this review, 17 April 2012
Dear 72goldie,
Thank you for your kind words concerning our resort and amenities. I will pass on your
thoughtful comments to our concierge Marilyn. I hope your travels bring you back to
Naples and you will consider staying with us again.
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (435)
  • Polish first
New York City, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2012

The hotel is lovely looking, and the front desk staff, valets and concierge were amazing. Staff, all in all, were ultra nice and helpful...except for the bleach blonde with an attitude and lack of efficiency at the pool grill.
The room was awesome - 2 bed/2 bath and fully equipped kitchen. Large, clean, great terrace. Great spa with knowledgable staff. Very close to restaurant row.

The negative: peeling pots and pans, broken blender, no DVD player, some TVs with no movie access, blown out bulbs. NO ROOM SERVICE...over $400/night and no room service? The pools were over-run by screaming, wild kids that nearly drowned my 4 year old and not a lifeguard/staff to be seen.

Believe it or not, I would still recommend this place if they got their [--] together on the room service and had some rules of the road for the pool area. Of note: Marilyn the concierge, Doug the valet, Marc in housekeeping who responded quickly to the pots and pans issue.

1 Thank LuluTrist
Dear Lulu Trist,
Thank you for your excellent comments about our Rooms staff. We trained them very hard to “be the difference” and I am glad it shows. We were delighted to read you thought the room was awesome. We agree!! We are aggressively seeking a solution to Room Service and should have an answer very soon. We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again on your next trip to Naples.
elizabethdarlington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2012

I came to Naples Bay Resort for a wedding and upon arrival I was initially impressed. The hotel itself and the rooms are very lovely, we had a two bedroom suite which was well appointed and extremely large with a full kitchen. Unfortunately it was downhill from there, this hotel did not seem to be set up as an actual hotel but more of a place to stay for an extended period. When we called for room service it wasn't available yet, (eventhough there was a button and a menu). They seem to be always be disorganized and there was never enough staff. Their morning breakfasts were MISERABLE, our chef making omelets was hostile and kept storming back into the kitchen between orders, my guess is he was the only one in the kitchen making everything. The rest of the food had obviously been in the chaffing trays for hours and hours. The only poor server on staff had to be both the runner, server and bartender for the whole day and into the night! That's honestly just one example of what was going on there. In short this hotel while nice on the surface and the venue is amazing (the actual wedding was great by the way), needs to work on staffing and organization to be a real hotel and not just a country club.

Room Tip: If you are traveling with a group or family get the two bedroom suite and split the cost, it's c...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank elizabethdarlington
NBR_Manager, Front Office Manager at Naples Bay Resort, responded to this review, 5 April 2012
Dear Elizabethdarlington,
Thank you for noticing our “well appointed suite and extremely large and full kitchen” and we
appreciate all your feedback you have provided. I understand how you felt about less
than perfect experience with our food and beverage services.
I can tell you that our team is excited about changes ahead as we strive to make
improvements in every area of our operation. Again thank you for your review and
we look forward to your return visit
New England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2012

We stayed at the Naples Bay Resort for 10 or so days in their 2 bedroom villa on the marina side. This is a condo with a masterbedroom & masterbath plus another large bedroom and another full bath. It had a kitchen, dining room and living room plus a balcony with a patio set. This was perfect! The resort is very new - or seems it. It is beautiful! We truly enjoyed the stay. We were on the marina side overlooking the canal and boats.
When we arrived and then during our entire stay we received the most excellent service from everyone who worked there! The whole staff was constantly smiling and happy....so nice!
Valet - Doug, Pierre and Orlando were always there to open the car door, help with luggage, give a hand with anything! And always happy, smiling and helpful! One night our party had some cocktails and wanted to go to Fifth Ave for dinner....Tom and another valet (can not remember his name now - I feel bad because he was so nice!) drove us in the resort van and then picked us up after we had dinner. This was such an awesome benefit for a guest! We loved it!
Front desk - these women (Lindsey and Sara) are amazing! Every question and request taken care of! Every call I made to the front desk for anything was answered and taken care of quickly. They also made suggestions on where to eat etc.
Concierge - Marilyn - what a doll! She is over the top helpful and makes excellent recommendations! She has all the information and goes the extra mile to help make sure you have everything you want and need. I wish I had spoken with her sooner - I never asked her for help until we had been there for several days. Once I started talking to her and asking for her help with recommendations and making reservations I realized that I missed out the first few days when I went on my own without asking for her help.
Housekeeping - Roseanna - she was fantastic! I never had to wash a dish or clean anything the whole time I was on vacation. Their team is awesome! I would leave in the morning and come back to a very neat and tidy villa! I loved this!
Ok - so a few things to note....
-there is no DVD player in the villa - I thought there should be. We brought movies to watch but there was no player.
-I thought that the kitchen had some good items in it...plates, pans, silverware, coffee maker....but the knives were horrible - you could barely cut anything with them (but this probably does not matter to most). There was a dishwasher.
-this resort is not on a beach....they have a pool which is ok/nice but I feel I need to mention that it is not on the beach. It is on the water - the canal which is beautiful. The beach is close.....we went to the beach right off Gulf Shore Blvd. The public beach is beautiful in Naples and we went early and were able to find parking with a meter very close by (bring a ton of quarters!).
-Location is excellent - right next to Tin City, a couple of blocks from Fifth Ave and across from Bayside. This resort is close to everything.

I would return to this resort in a heartbeat! They have the service and beautiful resort down. I only wish they were on the beach....but I would still stay here again and just drive myself to the beach (or take their resort van that they offer). Oh - they also have beach chairs, beach umbrellas and towels that you are able to borrow (first come first serve) and it is very nice beach stuff.

Room Tip: We were on the 3rd floor and I noticed that the 2nd floor room below us had a much larger deck / pat...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank snow_beach
Dear Snow beach,
Thank you very much for the honest appraisal of our resort. We appreciate all your wonderful
comments about the service and resort amenities. Our team is dedicated to making every
guests encounter a positive experience. As team members love to say, “Life is different here”. We look forward to your return visit.
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2012

My husband and I have been renting one of the cottages from the hotel, Naples Bay Resort for the past four years. We have found the people helpful and friendly. The cottages are well laid out, close to the pool, tennis court and main restaurants in downtown Naples that either you can walk to or drive to. We have also rented from private owners and had a better equiped suite but a few issues with maintenance and charges for the pool area and health club. The cottages are minimally equipped so you may have to get a few necessities to complete a few cooking details. The only downside is that you have to take the shuttle or drive to the beach which is .25 per 10 minute time period which seems crazy expensive.

Bobby,who is basically the person to go to at the gym and spa, at the front desk is the best person to look after all you needs.....she makes everything worthwhile and is so friendly and helpful.

2 Thank heather g
Dear heather g,

Thank you for your long standing patronage. We truly appreciate your repeat business. I will definitely pass on your kind comments to Bobbi. She is an absolute gem. She definitely makes a difference in every guest encounter. We are so glad she could help you. We look forward to your next visit.