“Yep...good pick”

Ranked #124 of 1,012 Restaurants in Naples
Price range: US$ 8 - US$ 25
Cuisines: Japanese, Thai
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Thai Udon Cafe is a new fine dining establishment in Naples, Fl, opened August, 2013. It was created by a local couple, Khwan Sawai and Adam Satinsky, both of whom have great affection for their community and wanted to share something special with it. Ms. Sawai is a native of Thailand, having grown up in the small town of Pathumthani near the capital, Bangkok. Inspired to share her passion for traditional Thai cuisine, she has given birth to Thai Udon Cafe, which showcases both her talent for cooking and her love of conviviality. While Mr. Satinsky still performs as principal cellist of the Naples Philharmonic, he looks forward to a new creative role as co-restauranteur with his wife.Come and savor the exquisite flavor combinations which make up classic Thai and Japanese fare in our romantic and inviting atmosphere. Adding to the ambiance, authentic Thai art is on display on every wall.
Reviewed 29 January 2017 via mobile

Stopped by for a bite. Yakisoba is very good and the curry recommendation was delicious. Only downfall is I read the label on the bottle of Sapporo and found out it's brewed in LaCrosse WI, which of course has nothing to do with the cafe.

Reviewed 26 January 2017 via mobile

My friend and I came across this place as we were looking for something closeby, no reservations needed, and relatively healthy. We were very pleasantly surprised. Everything was fresh and tasty and made to order. I am watching my diet and they helped me choose low fat menu items, put sauce on the side, etc. I enjoyed it so much that I took my husband there. He really enjoyed his soup (had a bad cold at the time) and thought they had the best fried rice around! He mentioned yesterday that we should go back soon! It's kind of tucked away in a little quiet strip mall, so seldom busy, but oh so yummy! Service was excellent too!

Reviewed 23 January 2017

We had a wonderful dinner here and came back for lunch. Decided on the Green Curry with seafood for an extra charge of $3 . Another plus is that you can choose the heat...mild, medium hot or Thai Hot. I got Hot and it was perfect. It was beautifully presented with the seafood in the shell and unusual shapes to the eggplant and other vegetables.. The seafood tasted like it was just caught. . It was absolutely delicious. It was served with a very good soup and egg roll. The service was excellent and the outside patio very relaxing. We will definitely be back for more sampling.

Reviewed 18 January 2017

Very nice patio and very nice uncluttered interior. We enjoyed the food which was above average for thai and sushi in most areas. My wife had a bento box she enjoyed
served with soup and an eggroll. I had the pad thai with chicken which had great taste but I would have preferred with a helping of heat.
The wait staff was fine but average for the area. We would certainly go back for dinner.

Reviewed 14 January 2017 via mobile

Located in a quiet plaza, place wasn't busy for Saturday; although we liked it even better with smaller crowd around. Japanese Ramen was delicious and light, Tom Yum was same good. Pleasant service. Will be back.