“Hidden Gem - details in review” 5 of 5 bubbles

Hilton Naples
Ranked #10 of 59 Hotels in Naples
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Boulder, CO
“Hidden Gem - details in review”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

Location:
About 5 miles north of the downtown Naples district. A half mile east of the beach. One block south of the Waterside Shops (Nordstrom, Apple store, Saks Fifth Avenue....you get the picture).

Room:
Average size room, above average in terms of quietness - especially the heating/cooling system, new carpet, extremely clean.

Bed:
The only weakness in the room - I found the beds too soft. The bedding was excellent, though.

Tech:
40" flatscreen TV with ~ 50 channels, incl. HBO, wireless internet was fast, and there was no charge for HH Gold and Diamond members.

Bathroom:
Very clean, a bit dark, but an excellent shower with a rainshower-type head and the highest water pressure I've ever seen. No low-flow showers here.

Pool:
Immaculate pool area - didn't really use it much, but it was very nice, including jacuzzi.

Fitness:
Fitness area was the only hotel weakness. Four treadmills, and a single universal-type weight area. Not a good setup when people are waiting for equipment.

Perks:
This is where this Hilton really excels. There was no charge for parking. I really get pissed when I spend > $200 a night for a room and have to fork over another $20 or more a night for parking. Although not on the beach, this hotel was a short 15 minute walk to the Clam Pass Beach Head. Better yet, the hotel provides complimentary beach chairs, towels, umbrellas and water, all in a nice little backpack kit that you can take to the beach daily. There's a shuttle, but ditch it and enjoy the beautiful walk.

Restaurant:
Shula's restaurant was great for breakfast each day. Complimentary full breakfast menu for two for HH gold and diamond members. All of the servers were friendly, but Debbie was especially nice. Nice selection of pastries, egg dishes, fruit plates, etc.

Executive Lounge:
Complimentary for HH Gold and Diamond members. Other than the ones I've been to internationally, this one was tops in the US. Open all day. Continental breakfast in the morning, snacks and cookies, soda and water all day long, hot appetizers, cheese plate, veggies, wine, beer and liquor in the evenings. They do charge for booze :(

Other than alcoholic drinks in the executive lounge, once I paid for the room, everything else was included - internet, beach stuff, water, breakfast, snacks, parking - I love that.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
8 Thank BoulderAreaTraveler
LoveNaples09, Director of Marketing at Hilton Naples, responded to this review, 24 February 2012
Thank you for the very accurate, well rounded breakdown of your experience at the Hilton Naples Hotel. I loved that you were able to enjoy all the extra amenities we provide for our guests. Although our on-site fitness center sports brand new equipment, we do have a limited amount for our guests. To help keep our guests in their fitness routines while away from home, we have partnered with a full service fitness center located about 3 miles from the hotel. All Hilton Honors members and non-Hilton Honors members are welcome to use both facilities.
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (203)
  • Polish first
Boston
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

Not the fanciest, but fancy enough. It has all the amenities you need like good coffee in your room, free towels, beach chairs & water along with the shuttle to the beach (a half mile away). Fantastic, friendly service. Tasteful decoration, extremely nice lobby and great price. I accompanied my husband on a business trip (he had meetings in the hotel and area). I thoroughly enjoyed myself in the locale.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank BostonDiscerner
Thank you for taking the time to let others know about your stay at the Hilton Naples Hotel. We think of our hotel atmosphere as casual elegance and I liked your description of "Fancy Enough". So glad you enjoyed yourself and hope to welcome you back again.
Boston, MA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2012

It seems that this hotel is more oriented to the business traveler, but it was a great value with close proximity to everything. It is not on the beach, but they make it easy to get to the beach providing everything you will need. The pool is nothing spectacular, but it is functional. The service was great, the staff was friendly and we enjoyed our stay. I would certainly return.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank MATravelerBOS
LoveNaples09, Director of Marketing at Hilton Naples, responded to this review, 20 February 2012
Thank you for sharing your experience. Naples is such a beautiful place for both business & leisure vacationers that we provide wonderful amenities for both types of travelers to enjoy. I'm glad you enjoyed the complimentary beach package which includes shuttle service to the beautiful Naples beaches, beach chairs, towels and a small cooler packed with bottled water and ice. I appreciate your comments on our staff's performance and have shared your compliments with them.
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2012

Selected hotel on trip advisor, booked STD room with one of two upgrade options, stay was 6th to 13th Dec. When we arrived the computer system was down and although I did not complain Hilton had no record of my upgrade requests and we were given executive level access! Our room was on the 2nd floor with a view over the pool area and the next door garden centre. The access to exec level provided Starbucks coffee free flow, breakfast and evening canapés. The room was a twin which for us was not ideal, next time a double. The hotel staff were warm and welcoming and when help was required were avery attentive. We used the free bicycles provided by the hotel and this allowed us to roam around Naples which was a highlight of the trip. One main problem with the cycles was that there were no hand brakes only pedal brakes which were not as responsive, which I discovered during my final day of use! Going to the beach was great the hotel provided beach transfers, towels and Tommy Bahama beach chairs.
Naples was an area where we felt like we were residents, we felt like we belonged. The drivers were courteous to us on our cycles, while walking and on our Segway tour. People would say good morning, enter into conversation and were generally friendly. The city was neat and tidy in the areas we visited with an abundance of colour in gardens and public areas, a brilliant winter break from a cold and dark Scotland in December!

Room Tip: Pool views at south and west hotel.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Gerry M
What a wonderful testament to my adopted city of Naples and my home away from home at the Hilton Naples hotel! I'm thrilled to hear how you enjoyed our city and it sounds like you took advantage of the warm weather and wonderful tours. The Segway tour is a great way to explore downtown and the complimentary bicycles at the hotel offer a fabulous alternative to seeing the area up close. We do hope you plan for another escape from the cold and come back to visit us at the Hilton Naples!
Sylvania, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2012

My husband and I took a 4 day getaway to the Hilton Naples Florida, Feb 4th, looking for warmth and sunshine and a relaxing short break.
I am a HHonors Gold member and we were upgraded to The Executive Floor. This proved to be very important to contributing to the quality of our stay.Room was standard with Coffee Maker, Fridge.
Positives: Hotel well situated and provides free transport shuttle and beach chairs towels/water to Clam Pass Beach, a lovely sandy beach not overly crowded. Check In was smooth and helpful. Physical environment , rated as Hilton Category 5. Nothing special but comfortable. Had a nice outdoor pool and hot tub, though we did not use it.
Naples itself laid back with nice restaurants and we enjoyed walking on The Naples Pier and watching Dolphins close to shore.
Negatives:Beds were not comfortable, the Mattress cover was pilled and I could feel it through the sheets. Needs to be upgraded.
Shula's restaurant for Breakfast was aweful. Mid week,Arrived about 9am no hostess to seat us and then after a wait, seated and served with a third of a cup of coffee. I commented I would appreciate some from a fresh pot as this was all that remained. The waiter did not get it at all!! Had a simple 2 eggs, potatoes and Toast, arrived absolutely COLD the toast was curled and hard. The waiter asked if everything was ok!!!We said definitely not and left to eat a continental Breakfast in Executive Lounge. Having access to the lounge with Breakfast and evening snacks proved to make our stay in the Hotel a pleasant one.
I would definitely recommend this hotel just not the restaurant.

Room Tip: A Room on The 4th Floor close to The Executive Lounge.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank bmutgi
Although I am thankful that you enjoyed your stay and the staff at the hotel, I am concerned with your overall experience at the restaurant. I do apologize for not meeting your expectations and am glad the continental breakfast provided an alternative. I have shared your comments about breakfast and we will use the comments to provide further training. We absolutely strive to nourish and exceed expectations for each guest and am sorry we did not meet these needs for you. Please let me know when you come back and I will ensure a quality experience in all aspects of your stay.