“New place “Pisco Sour””

Cuisines: Peruvian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 29 October 2017 via mobile

We went today with an old friend who met us there during the Craft Festival which was a huge mistake. We raved about Mr. Ceviche to our friends and always looked forward to dining there so that being said this was our first time at the new place (Pisco Sour) We get that it was busy but we’re VERY disappointed that the menu was a VERY LIMITED MENU! There was not a very good choice of in our opinion. Wait was understandably long, service slow, and the kitchen was sending out entrees before the apps even came. I got the Lomo Saltado Sandwich
Marinated strips of tenderloin, stir-fried with half-moon slices of onions, small strips of sweet peppers, tomatoes and cilantro with a hint of aji amarillo (Peruvian yellow pepper). Served on a hoagie roll with French Fries...AWFUL! Shame on you for serving this and I use the term loosely “sandwich” talk about skimping on the serving! It was like a thin layer spread onto the roll. I had three small pieces of marinated? tenderloin with one moon sliver of onion and maybe a couple little green peppers not really strips at all, tomatoes? Hmmm I would say not really unless it was part of whatever that sauce was spread/soaked into my bottom roll. It was barely covering the bottom half of the “hoagie roll”? More like a regular old not so fresh roll and had that almost stale taste/smell. I took the top off because it would have just been a bread sandwich with a little something in the middle, folded it in half and ate it in two bites. We were hungry and just ate it, otherwise I would have sent it back! The fries, just a nothing special fry. Our friend got the same thing and was not impressed and said we should have just grabbed something from the outside fair vendors. My wife got the Mussels which she said were good but very small and there should have been more. Mussels are not expensive so it wouldn’t be asking to much to have more on the App. The Ceviche we shared and as always that was good. I’m so disappointed as this was out favorite place to eat in Mount Dora! Ugh!

Reviewed 7 October 2017 via mobile

Service and wait times were horrendous. Waitress would not even look at us. Calamari was “fishy” and salad took 45 minutes to come out. Restaurant called Pisco Sour now. Sour is right.

2  Thank gchap77
Reviewed 27 September 2017 via mobile

Wine was old . portions small... Food just ok and over priced so why such a high rating in here? I don't get it and I've donned all over the world including Peru so this place was disappointing to be completly honest over all the hype in here.

Reviewed 13 August 2017

Thank you for such a great dining experience. The food was fantastic, however, I really enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere. Located on the second floor, follow the steps and make a right and the restaurant faces the street. I have never been to Peru, however, I have dined in Cuba and the experience of walking up the steps to the restaurant transported me back to Havana for a moment! I had a stressful day and the person I was with remarked that if this doesn't relax me nothing will! Relax me it did...I had the Chicha Morada, (chicha is the fermented corn drink of the Incas), this is made from purple corn, the flavors of the cinnamon, clove, and sugar, is just so good, there is non-alchololic, mine was alcoholic, served in a cocktail glass with a great presentation, enjoyed it thoroughly. I had the Lomo Saltado, beef seasons with garlic, served with fries, a nice beef sauce, onions, peppers, cilantro, and rice. Others at the table did have the ceviche which they thoroughly enjoyed, I tried a bite and it was the best I have had in a long time. Excellent coconut flan. Wonderful servers, excellent flavors. Easy location to get to on Donnelly street in the Renaissance building, overlooking the street. Thank you for beautifully presenting the food of Peru and sharing this with us.

1  Thank happytraveler709
Reviewed 8 August 2017

If you like Peruvian dining, this is the place. I have been to Peru and this is the real thing. Owner will visit your tabel and explain all the dishes.