“Exceeds Expectations ALL Around!”

Majestic Sun Condominiums
Birmingham, AL
“Exceeds Expectations ALL Around!”
Reviewed 10 June 2010

Before we left on our trip we were really worried after reading the other comments that others had written on this website. I guess the age old saying is true, a Negative word travels 5 times quicker than a positive one! We rented this condo back before the Oil Spill began threatening the coast but after talking with our rental mangement company, viewing the live cam and being assured we would be ok, we came anyway. The Beach was BEAUTIFUL! The condo was gorgeous and very comfortable! The pools were amazing! While we did have to show our arm band for the pool it was a non-issue. The condo was very convient to restaurants and OUTLET MALL SHOPPING!!! We will come back next year for sure!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
10 Thank banker1975
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Bowling Green, Kentucky
Reviewed 8 October 2009

My husband and I stayed in a one bedroom condo in 2007 for our honeymoon and loved it. We took a family vacation there using a 3 bedroom condo and everyone else loved it, too! The view of the ocean is awesome, and the location is ideal for shopping and restaurants. We WILL be back!!

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with family
5 Thank Jns01atf
madison
Reviewed 1 August 2009

First of all, the pool personnel were like Nazis attacking people even if they did have their ridiculous arm band on. It was very unrelaxing to watch. I witnessed one staff member literally chase a man out of the gate when he was with his daughter who was wearing her swim pass. RIDICULOUS. I made a complaint to the Female manager who could care less because apparently she hates her job. My second encounter was the noise. Construction was going on every morning at 7:30 AM, but what really did me over was the 3rd encounter. My child left his blanket there, and we didn't realize it until 3 hours out. I called and spoke with one manager, Warren, who was so sweet about it. But when I called back, I spoke with a female, who I won't mention names, that was very RUDE. I understand that there are rules, but when your 5 year old child leaves their blanket that they have had since birth, you would think she could just run up there and get it for me.. NO!! I had to go through pens and needles of phone calls, but luckily we retrieved it. She had no compassion whatsoever and apparently takes no pride in actually being a manager because of the lack of trying to please her guests. She is also very controlling because she would not put the other manager on the phone.. I doubt she will still be there in a year, but if she is I am not going back.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
8 Thank annamccoy
Nashville
Reviewed 3 June 2009

First off, please please please look closely at the pictures of this condo. The official pictures will hardly reveal that the condo is NOT on the beach. It is accross a two-lane road from a very well-used PUBLIC beach. So unless you like CONSTANT car stereos, loud Harleys, and well.....riff-raff people going by yelling at all hours, you should pass on this property.

Next, this facilty is POORLY built. The walls and ceilings are thin. We could hear a pin drop in the condo above us. Everytime these folks opened their balcony door, it sounded like an earthquake in our unit. The units have wood floors, so every movement of a chair on the floor above sounded like a construction zone. There is little sound-deadening between the units, so plan to hear everything around you.

There are a few other oddities at Majestic Sun. Most condos in Destin and Miramar have gas or charcoal grills. Not so the Majestic Sun. In this unit's price range, this should be a given. Check-in occurs offsite at a realty office and the local staff, while friendly, were fairly useless in addressing the problems with the unit we stayed in (water leak from vanity, stove malfunction, non-working lights, intermittently working jacuzzi tub, icemaker problems, no chairs on the balcony!). Pets were not allowed, but somebody had a couple of dogs. It seems there is a double-standard here for owners versus renters and the owners are allowed to bother others with their pets.

With all this negativity stated, I should note that the unit was big and the location (near Silver Sands Outlet Mall) was good. The beach staff was helpful and friendly even if their prices were high. There were several good restaurants nearby and easy access to golf and activities.

This condo is not for middle-agers like us. It's better suited to younger childless couples that like noise and activity.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
4 Thank scottfmcc
Georgia
Reviewed 30 May 2007

this condo was overall MAZING..i met a LOT of new friends while there, although i suggest keeping the pool open longer because that was the only place i could hang out with my new friends @ night and i suggest having like a teen "partyish" type thing because that would be a good way for teens to hang out 2gether

• Liked — sight
  • Disliked — early pool closing
  • Stayed May 2007, travelled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank destinroxs16
Also consider these accommodations in or near Miramar
1.1 km away
6.1 km away
The Henderson - A Salamander Beach & Spa Resort
0.1 km away
Majestic Sun at Seascape Resort

Been to Majestic Sun Condominiums? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK