“Great Room, Very Clean and located in Business Park”

Wingate by Wyndham Fort Lauderdale Miramar
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Miramar
Arabi, Louisiana
“Great Room, Very Clean and located in Business Park”
Reviewed 10 April 2012

We stayed in this hotel for our big NEW ORLEANS SAINTS victory for Super Bowl XLIV in February 2010. We enjoyed our stay, complimentary breakfast was very nice each morning and the staff was very friendly.

Rooms were clean and in great condition.

Several restaurants in the area so we did not need to travel far to grab a bite to eat.

Definitely recommend and would stay again.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Niagara, Ontario
Reviewed 28 March 2012

This hotel is right off the 1-75 at Exit 7A. Once off the highway, it is a little difficult to spot as it is in a commercial park (Huntington Corporate Park) with ground level signs and you must wind your way through the park to get to it. Staff were friendly and helpful. There is free wi-fi. Breakfast was very good. Everything was clean and they had comfortable beds. The hotel has a small area with microwavable foods and snacks you can prepare in your room, or there are restaurants a short drive on either side of the hotel. We used this location to explore the Miami/Hollywood area after a cruise.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Lincoln, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 March 2012

I stayed at the Wingate by Wyndham, Miramar on a three day short break in Florida in May 2011. Having stayed at numerous Wingate by Wyndham hotels across the US, I was confident when booking this brand - I was not disappointed!

The staff were very friendly and offered excellent assistance at all times. Like all Wingate by Wyndham Hotels I have stayed in, this hotel in Miramar was stylish in design and clean throughout. My room was a double room with a king sized bed - bed, duvet and pillows were very comfortable and a slept well throughout my stay here.

The complimentary breakfast comprised of a warm option (microwave egg and sausage) and a whole range of cereals, bagels, muffins etc. Very tasty and set me up for the day!

Net Promoter Question: Would I recommend this hotel to a family member of friend? Answer: Yes, most definitely!

Room Tip: If you need a quiet room, make sure to ask when you book (wasnt an issue for me, but I heard the sid...
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
The World
Reviewed 9 March 2012

I was slated to attend a birthday soiree in the Miami Lakes area and needed a hotel nearby. Had I been travelling solo, I would not have picked this hotel becuase Wyndam is not a brand I am familiar with. However, the party I was travelling with chose this hotel and I went along with it.
Getting to the hotel is a little complicated as there are several twists and turns. It can be seen from the highway but takes a little practice making it to the front door. The building and surroundings were clean and well kept and the lobby area appeared to be the same as well. The concession area was well stocked and offered varied choices.
Our rooms were comfortable and the bathrooms were clean, I was quite impressed with the channel selections and the free wi-fi was a welcome comfort.
I partook of the complimentary breakfast on my last morning and for free food, it was adequate. There was yoghurt, fresh fruit - oranges and grapefruit, waffle batter and a waffle maker, cereal, pastries, oatmeal, eggs, bacon and bread among others. There was a juice machine that provided orange juice and another juice cocktail. And of course coffee and hot tea.
On my last nght, returning from The Crab House, I stopped at the concession area to grab something to drink. My friend and I took our selections to the front desk to pay and encountered the guest relations staff member engrossed in a phone being held by the security guard. Expecting him to immediately stop what he was doing and attend to us, we were quite surprised when he made no move towards us. To his credit, we could see that the security guard was trying to covertly get him to attend to us but even that did not work. When he was done about 5 minutes later, Fred - the guest relations staff member's name- then turned to us. Why did we wait so long? I actually thought for a milli second that we were getting punked. Furthermore, I think we were actually stunned into immobility by his disregard for us, the customer and I have to admit, I was very thirsty. Even as he rang up our purchases, it was obvious that he was distracted by whatever was going on with the phone.
I would like to commend that security guard for knowing what was the right thing to do and unfortunately even though I know all Wyndam Hotels may not have the same disregard for customers, I do not think I will be returning.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Miicha04
Destin, Florida
Reviewed 25 February 2012

This is our third or fourth stay at this property, and we were very pleased to see that the property and amenities have been well taken care of throughout the years. We booked directly through Wyndham's ONLINE reservations, which resulted in an approximately $30 savings over their telephone price. We had other family members coming in for the funeral as well, who ended up booking with Hampton Inn and paying $40 to $90 per night more than we did.

Our room, bed and bathroom were immaculately clean. The daily breakfast was very tasty and ample, despite it being a sold-out weekend. Staff were friendly and accommodating. The only negative we experienced, but which really is owing to the fact that after driving over 11 hours we were hoping to check-in earlier, was that when we arrived at 2 pm and asked if we could check-in and go to our room we were told that the room was not yet ready, and reminded that check-in is at 3 p.m. They did, however, call housekeeping and immediately cleaned the room allowing us to check-in and enter the room at exactly 3 p.m., which is the stated check-in time.

Overall, we were extremely pleased with our 3 night/4 day stay, and plan to book this hotel, again, when we next visit the area.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Miramar
5.5 km away
10.3 km away
Stadium Hotel
Stadium Hotel
#1 of 1 in Miami Gardens

Been to Wingate by Wyndham Fort Lauderdale Miramar? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK