“Not very Nice hotel”

Ranked #13 of 16 Hotels in Miami Springs
New Jersey
“Not very Nice hotel”
Reviewed 13 April 2012

Just recently stayed April 6, 2012. I had read the other reviews and stayed anyway because of the location, price and free shuttle to the Port of Miami for a cruise. First it took 45 minutes to get a shuttle from the airport to the hotel, which is only about a 10-15 min. drive once you actually get picked up. I was a little annoyed as we had a late arrival to begin with. I also had to call multiple times until someone finally came. Have to add one driver did come but did not have room for all the people waiting. They did call in a favor from one of the other hotels shuttles and they finally came back to get the rest of us waiting.

When I got to the hotel the rep. informed me that I did not have a room as my card had been declined?? Well, I know that my cards were at a zero balance, so I found that odd. It turned out they had anothers credit card info, under my name. No big deal from a privacy issue as they only show the last 4 digits. The rep. was very helpful and got the issue resolved and booked us in the room.

I asked if there was food within walking distance or a delivery service and was told only a IHOP that was 10 blocks away. I happened to look at my room key and see a Dominos pizza ad. They delivered right to the hotel room, which was great. I guess the hotel doesn't read the ads on their room keys as they didn't tell me I could just call that no. and order a pizza.

The room itself was a little dirty. My kids had on new white socks that were filthy from walking on the carpets. The carpet also had visible food or something stuck on it that should have been cleaned.

I am not an overly picky person and just wanted a hotel to crash for the night before the cruise. The bed was comfortable and sheets looked clean.

The price, location, and free shuttle to the cruise port made everything else minimal in my mind although I would never stay longer than 1 night and if I could find another location with the same amenities and price I would not stay again at all. Its sad as the staff was friendly and the hotel really offers a great service to the cruise for free.

Just talk to your cleaning staff guys.

Room Tip: Do not stay in the main hotel that is where it smells. Also the family we traveled with got a room...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank QueenAndie
David P, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Miami Airport North, responded to this review, 25 April 2012
Dear QueenAndie,

The staff and management at Days Inn would like to thank you for posting a review. I am glad the shuttle services were so well received. We take pride in making sure all our transportation runs smoothly and efficiently. I am sorry the staff did not know about the many different food options around the hotel. I will be sure to inform them so it will not happen again. Thank you again and we will see you the next time you travel to Miami Springs, Florida.

Director of Customer Service
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
  • Finnish first
BRONX
Reviewed 4 April 2012

If you are one to be staying overnight to go on a cruise ship the next morning, the hotel has an amazing shuttle service to get you to the Port Of Miami from the hotel's parking lot. The best past about it is that the shuttle service is FREE (of course maybe pay a couple of dollars to your drive) & it only takes 15mins to get to the port from Miami. Once the shuttle showed up at the hotel all I had to do was hop on the bus they provided. The people at the hotel loaded the bus up with all my bags. Then when we got to the Port Of Miami the porters took our bags out of the shuttle so I didn't have to bother with the bag. I thought it was very well done and a great experience. I would absolutely stay there again.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank ANDREW M
David P, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Miami Airport North, responded to this review, 7 April 2012
Dear Andrew M,

Thank you for your feedback. I am glad our transportation was so well received. We work hard every day ensuring our transportation runs smooth and efficient. Picking guests up at the airport and cruise port in a timely manner is what we strive for. Thank you again for choosing our hotel and we will see you the next time you travel to Miami Springs, Florida.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 3 April 2012

We shopped for a stopover hotel with a shuttle to the airport, at a reasonable price, and this is what we found. It is a quick shuttle ride from the Miami International Airport, and desk check in was quick, even though our arrival was late. There is no continental breakfast, but the little cafe inside the hotel was very nice and a bargain price! The rooms are the usual for a hotel, and there is no elevator if you are on the 2nd floor. It was quiet and a good place to spend the night when you have a connection to make. The free airport shuttle was prompt and ran often.

Room Tip: Stick with the first floor to avoid hauling luggage up the stairs!
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
Dear BonDiver_11,

The management and staff at Days Inn would like to thank you for taking the time and writing a review. It always is a pleasure when such an accomplished contributor reviews our property. I am equally happy you found the shuttle smooth and efficient. Thank you again for choosing our hotel and we will see you the next time you travel to Miami Springs, Florida.

Port of Spain, Trinidad
Reviewed 3 April 2012

We chose this hotel for its free shuttle from the airport and to the cruise ship dock. The room was situated pool side and was in good condition. The coffee percolator did not heat the water and we were promised another one but this never happened. I will stay there again but hope we do not get one of those rooms that other guests complained about. We also stayed at Day's Inn Ft. Lauderdale and this room was also good.

Gloria

Room Tip: The poolside rooms were quiet.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Katerina163
Dear Katerina163,

The management and staff at Days Inn would like to thank you for taking the time and writing a review. I very glad you found the hotel so comfortable and accommodating. I am sorry to hear that the staff did not bring you a new coffee percolator. I will look into who was working the night of your stay and speak with the individual. Thank you again for choosing our hotel and we will see you the next time you travel to Miami Springs, Florida.

Madrid, Spain
Reviewed 3 April 2012

My biggest issue here was the noise level. I could hear everything from the highway and from the airport across the street. They need better soundproofing.

I had a one night layover in Miami after an international flight. For one night, it was fine. Wouldn't recommend for longer stays.

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank KarenInSF
Also consider these accommodations in or near Miami Springs
0.3 km away
Ramada Miami Springs/Miami International Airport
0.7 km away
Clarion Inn  & Suites Miami Airport
Clarion Inn & Suites Miami Airp...
#10 of 16 in Miami Springs
1.0 km away
Best Western Plus Miami Airport North Hotel & Suites
2.2 km away
Sheraton Miami Airport Hotel & Executive Meeting Center

Been to Days Inn Miami Airport North? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK