“Wonderful Place To Stay”
Review of Stadium Hotel

Stadium Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Miami Gardens
Wilton Manors, FL
“Wonderful Place To Stay”
Reviewed 19 April 2012

The rooms are very clean and spacious. The staff is extremely friendly. I love to stay at the hotel often because of its location to the casino, stadium and the Florida Turnpike. The amenities they have are great the pool area is awesome as well as the gym and the mini golf course they have. I must say this is one of my favorite hotels in South Florida.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank William H
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
Port Saint Lucie
Reviewed 18 April 2012

Have been staying at this property since it was Joe Robbie Holiday Inn,However,last stay proved unpleasant as the mattresses are now virtual "Cots"..low to the floor and "Bad"

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
William21485, General Manager at Stadium Hotel, responded to this review, 20 April 2012
Sorry for the inconvenience with the beds. We replace our bedding on a regular basis. I would really like to know the room number you stayed in so we can change the bedding in question. We appreciate your feed back and hope you visit again.
Thanks

Travellers are raving about these Miami Gardens hotels

New York City, New York
Reviewed 15 April 2012

I know that the hotel claims to be a sports hotel & conference center but I think they got a little carried away with the sports theme and decided that the any knowledge of service related to business was better kept to a minimum.
After checking in and paying a resort fee for a non existent resort was a small price to pay but in principle was a bit annoying. Then to be met with what could only be described as an old gym locker room smell before I even got off the elevator to go to my room was a bit disconcerting. It didn't get any better in my room. There was hair in my sink and bathtub. Fortunately I've learned to travel with Lysol wipes. The shower had rust around the drain and overflow outlet. I wasn't sure if the sink's faucet had been wiped down recently because there was all kinds of water and soap spots before I wiped it down. Okay...I'm a bit of a germ-a-phobe but I do try to give a bit of a break on somethings but basic cleanliness isn't too much to ask.
There were no tissues even though there is a slot in the sink's counter for one. The bed was comfortable and the linen seemed quite fresh and clean. The pillows were flat and really had seen better days. On my way out to spend sometime with friends I stopped at the front desk to ask that extra pillows be left in my room, the desk clerk asked me to wait a moment and returned with 2 pillows ,slightly better but barely, for me to take up to my room before I went out. Seriously? I wondered if I was going to have to do laundry next! The towels.......I've seen better towels at a mid priced gym!
The next morning despite having a "do not disturb sign" on my door I was disturbed by the housekeeping manager who was under the mistaken impression that I was late checking out although I still had 2 days left on my reservation! When I went down to the front desk they were a bit confused but got it corrected.
When I asked if they had a business center I was met with confused looks. I literally had to explain that I wanted to know if they had a computer and printer for guest use if needed. Isn't this where the knowledge of a Conference Center would come into play?
The "fitness center" definitely lived up to the "use at your own risk" sign just outside the door. The unbalanced machines that wobble on the uneven tile flooring is dangerous. IThere didn't dare go for near the pool after that.
If you indulge in the "continental breakfast" my advice is to bring the tray from under your ice bucket downstairs with you so you can bring your toast, muffins, cereal, coffee and/or juice back up to your room. There are only 3 tables and 4 - 5 chairs to use in the "breakfast nook". The bathrooms in the adjacent alcove were out of service and didn't seem like they were going to be repaired anytime soon.
I stil don't know where the resort or the spa were. If the spa was supposed to be the 2 shiatsu massage chairs in the lobby I think someone needs to learn what a "spa" means as well as resort.
When asked if they knew of any other restaurants than theirs , which was closed Sunday - Wednesday, (C'mon really?) nearby or restaurants with delivery in the near vicinity I was met with blank stares. Same thing when I asked if there was a Walmart or supermarket nearby. Walmart turned out to be about a mile down the road.
I think this is enough to let you know that I will NEVER stay at this place again!

Room Tip: Good luck finding one.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Optimistic_Being
It clearly seems we did not meet any expectations of yours and we do apologize for all the problems you have experienced. We have properly passed to each department all of your complaints and these issues will be taken care of. Thanks you for your honest response.

new york
Reviewed 10 April 2012

I stayed in this hotel a few years ago and it was a good hotel, it met all the needs that I needed. This time however I don't know what happened. Let me just list everything that was wrong.
1. The room was very musty
2. The beds in room 609 are so worn out and creek with every single move
3. The "fitness center" (of you can call it that) was so out dated the machines looked like they were prototypes for the original models.
4. The microwave was missing the glass plate.
5. The curtains are two seconds away from falling off the window.
6.Only one of the two lamps in the room worked and the one that worked had a blown out bulb.
7. The Tv would cut off randomly.

The decorum was standard and overall not much time was spent in the room so it served its main purpose as a place to sleep.
I didn't bother to complain about anything as I was in Miami for a funeral and too much on my plate already.

Room Tip: The executive king sized suits are great compared to the executive double that I had.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank season b
We have taken your list and have fixed all issues you have expressed. I only wish that you would of complained here when you were in the room so we could have fixed the problems immediately. If that meant giving you a better room than that would of been done. We want you comfortable for your stay. We hope you will come visit again.

Thanks
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 5 April 2012

My Husband, son and myself stay at the El Palacio Miami Gardens 03/16/2012 because my son wanted to check into a local college he was thinking of attending. First the maid tried to service the room soon after we checked in. We told her we didn't need service as we had just arrived. Later that evening we noticed the sheets were too small to cover the dirty stained mattresses and when we called for new sheets were told that's all the hotel has. What hotel doesn't use fitted sheets? The A/C didn't work. The toilette hadn't been cleaned as we could see streaks inside from someone going number 2 and each bed only got 2 extremely worn out pillows with thread bearing cases on them, i mean they must have been 50 thread count. When we called about the toilette and room needing to be cleaned cause we has apparently been checked into a dirty room they said it might be awhile. We decided to go to the roof top restaurant while the room was cleaned. The restaurant was dingy, the food was over priced and the drinks were watered down. upon returning to the room all we noticed different was that my engagment ring had been stolen. When we told spoke to the manager about this, she called the cops on us and said we were causing a scene. we filed a report with the police but I still don't have my engagement ring. This place is a bunch of thieves, they wouldn't even refund the room fee. Do yourself a favor and STAY AWAY!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank M0M0fFOUR
William21485, General Manager at Stadium Hotel, responded to this review, 9 April 2012
Management totally disagrees with this statement and we take it very seriously when our staff is accused of stealing..We have documentation that this guest ever stayed at our facilty.No reports,names ,no incident report.GM
Also consider these accommodations in or near Miami Gardens
9.6 km away
Seminole Hard Rock Hotel Hollywood
9.7 km away
Hilton Garden Inn Ft. Lauderdale SW/Miramar

Been to Stadium Hotel? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK