I know that the hotel claims to be a sports hotel & conference center but I think they got a little carried away with the sports theme and decided that the any knowledge of service related to business was better kept to a minimum.
After checking in and paying a resort fee for a non existent resort was a small price to pay but in principle was a bit annoying. Then to be met with what could only be described as an old gym locker room smell before I even got off the elevator to go to my room was a bit disconcerting. It didn't get any better in my room. There was hair in my sink and bathtub. Fortunately I've learned to travel with Lysol wipes. The shower had rust around the drain and overflow outlet. I wasn't sure if the sink's faucet had been wiped down recently because there was all kinds of water and soap spots before I wiped it down. Okay...I'm a bit of a germ-a-phobe but I do try to give a bit of a break on somethings but basic cleanliness isn't too much to ask.
There were no tissues even though there is a slot in the sink's counter for one. The bed was comfortable and the linen seemed quite fresh and clean. The pillows were flat and really had seen better days. On my way out to spend sometime with friends I stopped at the front desk to ask that extra pillows be left in my room, the desk clerk asked me to wait a moment and returned with 2 pillows ,slightly better but barely, for me to take up to my room before I went out. Seriously? I wondered if I was going to have to do laundry next! The towels.......I've seen better towels at a mid priced gym!
The next morning despite having a "do not disturb sign" on my door I was disturbed by the housekeeping manager who was under the mistaken impression that I was late checking out although I still had 2 days left on my reservation! When I went down to the front desk they were a bit confused but got it corrected.
When I asked if they had a business center I was met with confused looks. I literally had to explain that I wanted to know if they had a computer and printer for guest use if needed. Isn't this where the knowledge of a Conference Center would come into play?
The "fitness center" definitely lived up to the "use at your own risk" sign just outside the door. The unbalanced machines that wobble on the uneven tile flooring is dangerous. IThere didn't dare go for near the pool after that.
If you indulge in the "continental breakfast" my advice is to bring the tray from under your ice bucket downstairs with you so you can bring your toast, muffins, cereal, coffee and/or juice back up to your room. There are only 3 tables and 4 - 5 chairs to use in the "breakfast nook". The bathrooms in the adjacent alcove were out of service and didn't seem like they were going to be repaired anytime soon.
I stil don't know where the resort or the spa were. If the spa was supposed to be the 2 shiatsu massage chairs in the lobby I think someone needs to learn what a "spa" means as well as resort.
When asked if they knew of any other restaurants than theirs , which was closed Sunday - Wednesday, (C'mon really?) nearby or restaurants with delivery in the near vicinity I was met with blank stares. Same thing when I asked if there was a Walmart or supermarket nearby. Walmart turned out to be about a mile down the road.
I think this is enough to let you know that I will NEVER stay at this place again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stadium Hotel is The Very Best Among Miami Budget Hotels Stadium Hotel is the closest Hotel To Calder Casino & Race Course and Sun Life Stadium in the City of Miami Gardens, Florida. Our Miami Gardens hotel is a mile from Sun Life Stadium, which hosts sporting, music and entertainment events all year long. From your room you can look right down onto the Calder Casino & Race Course. If you're searching for Miami hotel accommodations that are as close as possible to the sports you like, look no further. Stadium Hotel is the only name you need to know. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Stadium Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Palacio Sports Hotel Miami Gardens
- El Palacio Sports Hotel And Conference Center
- El Palacio Sports Miami
- El Palacio Hotel
- Hotel El Palacio Sports