“Che Villa Bella! Delicious food and ambiance!”
Review of Gianni's

Gianni's
Reserve with OpenTable
Gianni's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #242 of 1,116 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Description: Inside The Villa Casa Casuarina, the former Versace Mansion, Gianni's offers delicious gourmet Mediterranean Italian food and wind selections in a one of a kind venue on historic Ocean Drive in Miami Beach, Florida.
Reviewed 2 February 2017

Celebrating my wife's birthday, we were lead to a great table by the railing with a view of the pool/courtyard! Started with a bottle of red Brogli Gavi Piedmont 2012 for $68 and Polpo Alla Grilla (grilled octopus) for $22. Bottle of plain water for $12, San Pellegrino for $12. My wife had the Orata fish $32 and I had to go with pasta Orecchiette Verdi $26...all food was delicious. We finished off with a Triple Chocolate Mousse "Temptation" $16 and Mochacino $18...so much, so good! Great service from Afonso. Check out these views!

Chauncey C, General Manager at Gianni's, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2017

It is great to hear you thoroughly enjoyed your dining experience. We look forward to having the opportunity to serve you again very soon.

Reviewed 31 January 2017 via mobile

My husband, daughter and myself showed up for our reservation only to be told that my husband didn't meet the dress code despite having a button down dress shirt on. The restaurant had failed to mention that shorts were not allowed no matter how nice they were. Long story short, they "made an exception". Imagine our surprise when we were seated and we were the ONLY diners in the entire restaurant! Yes the only table and they had initially turned us away! The wine list was extensive but way overpriced! The dinner menu was well priced and the food and service was excellent. There was a stray cat wandering around the restaurant that kept coming over to our table. Really?? This was on my daughter's bucket list but I wouldn't recommend it. There are just too many better options.

Thank you for sharing your experience. It is very valuable to us. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again soon.

Reviewed 31 January 2017

Let my begin by saying that I’m not sure I’ve ever sat in a restaurant quite as neat as Gianni’s. The courtyards are nothing short of idyllic, and dining under the stars at such a renowned and storied location is truly special. Unfortunately, such elegance and intrigue come with a large helping of pretension. Upon entering, we were abruptly informed that we were not to escape upwards from the bottom floor of the estate, as the top two floors were reserved for only the hotel guests. Our food was very high quality, but the “relaxed” service we received did not seem befitting of the lofty price point and the unusually high ratio of servers to guests. I enjoyed eating at Gianni’s and would encourage anyone looking for a memorable meal to try it once, but I don’t feel the need for a return trip any time in the particularly near future.

1  Thank Brian L

Thank you for your comments and observations. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again.

Reviewed 29 January 2017 via mobile

In south beach for marathon weekend , and asked our concierge to find us the Most Romantic place in Miami. Well, this is it!

The mansion is exquisite, old world marble, magnificent foyer, lobby, banquet room. We ate outdoors in the most incredible open air pool atrium. Marble waterfall into a Venetian pool, towering palms and ferns, massive stone vases and urns. The architecture alone makes this a wonderful spot.

We started with the nightly speciality cocktail. The "passion in the mansion." It was delicious and featured a slice of dragon fruit on the rim. Next was the burrata cheese board with tomatoes and basil. Another home run.

I had the dorado special and my wife had Key West Prawns that defied description. Massive is an understatement. Both meals were 5star easy. Service - impeccable. (Thanks Nicolina!)
She even suggested a wine for us that was delicious.

Overall - easily one of most romantic evenings, great service, wonderful food.
Easy thumbs up.
Will definitely return. And we very highly recommend this place!

1  Thank JacksonGuy

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. It was great to have you dine with us.
We look forward to having the opportunity to serve you again soon.

Reviewed 28 January 2017

Villa Casa Casuarina is very beautiful, a nice place for a restaurant (and hotel). Vitello tonato was pretty good, octopus not bad either. Blue grab with gnocchi and mushroom was very good, although it"s a bit strange to have pasta in secondi. Deserts were American, huge and bad, I recommend to skip them. I wouldn’t' call it fine-dining, but a worthwhile visit in South Beach.

Thank you for your comments and observations. We hope to have the opportunity to serve your again soon.