“Absolutely the BEST hotel experience ever”

Delano South Beach Hotel
Ranked #46 of 208 Hotels in Miami Beach
Baltimore, MD
“Absolutely the BEST hotel experience ever”
Reviewed 18 September 2012

We were looking for a relaxing and fun trip to spend a girls only weekend when we chose the Delano. From the moment the taxi arrived until our departure, we were treated like queens! The accomodations were top notch, the food was excellent, the service was impeccable! I must give a special thank you and shout out to Lee Greenspan, the Guest Experience Manager. I have been to many hotels for both business and fun but have never had such an incredible guest experience ever -- and I thank Lee for that. It is certainly obvious that he and his staff take their jobs very seriously and went above and beyond expectations. We decided before the end of our trip that this will be our yearly spot for our getaway....except I don't think we can wait another year. We are already talking about moving the trip to June so we don't have to wait too long.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank madamzonga
Lee G, Guest Relations Manager at Delano South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 22 September 2012
You guys were an absolute pleasure to have with us! I appreciate the kind words, but I must interject one thing. As you mentioned, our staff takes their role at Delano VERY seriously. I am incredibly fortunate to work with this world class group of people.
Guests such as yourself and your friends are the sole reason that we all have such a passion for hospitality.
Brace yourself! We always out do ourselves the second time around...

See you very soon!

Best,

Lee
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (382)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Curitiba, Brazil
Reviewed 17 September 2012

Stayed there August 18th -24th, had a pleasant experience except for two things: I was expecting a package from Amazon that the company informed was delivered on August 16. I came back home without it. I called the hotel twice (international call since I live in Brazil) , was transfered to the person responsible for deliveries (Rodrigo Jauregui) who informd me that it was not delivered to the hote regardless the information provided by Amazon and USPS which informs me that it was delivered to the hotel on August 16th at 9:27 AM.
The second thing is the noise on rooms facing Collins Avenue... those rooms should be avoided due to the constant traffic noise. Other thn that it was all right.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms facing Collins Avenue unless you don't the noise.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 September 2012

The stay at the Delano was a wonderful experience- from the minute we stepped out of the cab, to the minute we left - everything wa top notched. The service was impeccable!!! Great experience- I will be back!!

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank Nicolem1974
Lee G, Guest Relations Manager at Delano South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 3 October 2012
Nicole,

Thank you. You're a class act and I (we) are very fortunate to have regular opportunities to provide unforgettable experiences to good people such as yourself. I intend to top your previous experiences every time you stay with us!

See you soon!

All The Best,

Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed 13 September 2012

My wife and I did our first South Beach getaway and decided to stay at two very different properties to get a taste of Miami. First night was Delano, Second night was SoHo Beach House (see other review for that one).

Delano was awesome. We had high expectations from all we've heard about it, and it didn't disappoint. The reason we'd come back again is because of 1) the very friendly staff 2) the pool scene and 3) being at the hub of South Beach activity

The rooms were small as expected, but we loved the all-white theme. We had a view of the ocean (thanks to an upgrade!) and really felt like we were being treated to some place special. The only complaint I have about the room is that it always felt slightly humid (i.e. water in the bathroom never evaporated, and bathing suits never dried). I think this might be since the hotel is in a historic building. Other than that though, we enjoyed the room. The location of the hotel is fantastic, b/c you can choose to either do everything on site, or walk a little on Collins (we explored a little and went to Shore Club and SLS at night for drinks, just up the street).

The staff were all extremely helpful and friendly. Jean Claude helped us with our bags and became our on-site tour guide, which we really appreciated (he's been there since the hotel opened!). The pool staff was also very attentive, and we had a few drinks while lounging by the pool all afternoon.

The pool was amazing and probably the entire reason we would go back. So relaxing. Perfect water temp. Great people watching. Just a very nice experience that made us feel special. While we loved the second hotel we stayed at, we kept saying how much better we liked the pool at the Delano.

I can recommend this place without hesitation, but the key is to know what you're getting into: this is the hub of the South Beach lifestyle, and all the glam that comes with that. It's not low-key, but it can be fun and relaxing if you go with the vibe.

Room Tip: Try to get an oceanview. The upgrade is worth it.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank nfriendly
Thanks for the great review!

You covered just about everything in 2 sentences! I had the pleasure of spending a lot of time with yourself and your group. You have an incredibly classy and fun group of friends.
I'm looking forward to the next girls weekend, I'm sure it will be even better than the last one!
Please give everyone my best, glad to know all of you!

Best,

Lima, Peru
Reviewed 11 September 2012

This is the second time I stay at the Delano South Beach. The first time I stayed there was in 2006 and my experience with the hotel was so pleasurable, I was afraid it had been an exceptional one - but it wasn't. For couples and/or friends groups, this hotel is very hard to beat. First and foremost, it's perfectly located right on Collins (beachfront) just a block away from Lincoln Road and South Beach's bar and shopping scene. The main lobby, restaurant and bar areas are beautifully and very tastefully designed (courtesy of Philippe Stark) and with a mood for chilling and relaxed partying. Perfect music is always on (even in the elevators!) and the scent that immediately invades the senses upon entering the hotel is quite unique. We stayed in a ciity-view king-sized bedroom at the 14th floor. An inexpensive upgrade was offered to us online prior to our arrival (which we took). The bedroom was perfectly decorated, gorgeous looking, the bed was extremely comfortable, the restroom ample and well equipped, and we had two mini-bars with all kind of great staff, an iPad, and an iPod speaker just in case. The hotel's pool scene is certainly hip, yet calm and with great service. At night, the pool scene becomes an outdoors bar filled with relaxed people and great music. Most of all, however, I must stress that the hotel's staff was impressively courteous, gracious and helpful in every way - from the front-desk, to room-service, to valet-parking, to the restaurant staff. Anything we wanted, we would get, no questions asked, quickly, and with a smile. Yeah, that's the standard to beat. Highly, highly recommended.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Omarcitus
Lee G, Guest Relations Manager at Delano South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 13 September 2012
Thank you for your excellent and thorough review!

You touched on several high points in a Delano stay. Ambiance, the pool, our well appointed and comfortable rooms, the classy and exclusive energy from our nightlife and several other positive notes.
I'm happy to see that you emphasized our service and closed with recognition of the world class people that deliver these experiences daily. I will certainly pass your comments along, we always appreciate when our happy guests take the time to deliver such valuable feedback.
Looking forward to having you again soon! Please feel free to reach out to me personally for your next stay. I'm happy to handle your accommodations and I'll look forward to meeting you.

All The Best,