“Wonderful experience. Bellissimo!”

Delano South Beach Hotel
Ranked #46 of 210 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed 22 August 2012

My family from Italy stayed at the Delano for a week. We choose this hotel for its central location and stylish decor. This was a family get together and I have to say that we had just the most wonderful time! The hotel is absolutely beautiful! We all loved the stylish furnishing, simple but yet so elegant! We especially loved spending time by the beautiful pool, so relaxing and a lot of fun for my nephew and niece. Che bello!
I also highly recommend the restaurant, the food was really good, and the service eccellente!

It was a very memorable holiday - we would love to do it again! Grazie mille!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Delano South Beach Hotel

Reviewed 21 August 2012

Spent two weekend nights at the Delano. Arrived around 1100 am, and had no problem checking in; my room was ready. (There had been a bit of a snafu with my reservation being accidentally cancelled previously - the reservation staff had been very understanding and apologetic, and actually threw in a small room upgrade for my trouble.) The lobby is wood paneled, with a giant chair that's a typical Morgans Group lobby quirk. Very impressive columns and lot of mirrors. There's an open air sushi bar in the lobby not far from the check in desk. The Rose Bar has an excellent low key vibe, and my bartender made some excellent recommendations. The Tartufo, a vodka martini infused with cream and truffle, was particularly memorable. (It'll cost you $25, so be warned. However, in South Beach, that's not necessarily a cause for sticker shock.) There's a pool table that's always busy and a quirky little gift shop. The rear of the lobby contains Bianca, the Italian restaurant which overlooks the pool area. You can also reach the pool by going to the basement level, which contains the fitness area (very spacious with nice machines, never saw a single person in there in several times passing by) and FDR (the 11p-5a lounge formerly known as the Florida Room). The pool area in lined by beach chairs and cabanas; these were generally full by mid-morning. There's also a full-service bar out there. The pool deck leads out onto the beach walk, and the Delano's location at 17th and Collins (right across from Lincoln Rd and a Walgreens) is definitely a plus. I had a partial ocean view room, with great view of both the street and the beach. The room is indeed starkly, blindingly white. Bathroom is smallish, but contains a rainfall shower with a detachable head. Malin and Goetz bath products are provided. (The shower controls take some figuring out, but it works very well once understood.) The room contains a sizeable closet with multiple hangers, which I appreciate. They also provide not only robes, but a hat and flip flops for your use. The minibar is epic. Many snacks are provided, along with the usual beers/soda/mixers/airplane bottles, with larger bottles of Patron and Grey Goose in the top. Wall-mounted TV. An iPad which can access your guest charges and request services was a nice touch. My Wifi was free, also a nice touch. Room was a bit smallish, but it IS South Beach. No compaints here.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 August 2012

Organized my honey moon in the US and the travel agent thought I simply couldn't miss this hotel.
It's definetly posh and impressive but I wasn't impressed.
Every thing is white and essential, except for the price (very expensive).
The rooms are small and noisy.
We were given a room with 2 single beds even if on honey moon (they were also a bit annoyed when we asked to be put in a room with a double bed instead).
I've enjoyed the white M&Ms, I've also found a green apple waiting for me in my room, with a message for my health that I decided to embrace with the result that I have eaten 1 apple for 2 days and then no more apples were left in my room.
The concierge looked snob and left us nearly 15 minutes waiting in front of him without considering us while doing phone calls, so in the end we decided we could try to find a restaurant on our own.
I'm not interested in staying in hotels just because they are famous, I prefer the ones where I can rest properly and find helpful services.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Uira_IT
Reviewed 19 August 2012

I was there with my sister last weekend. Everything was great except the service at the pool. I had to ask 4-5 times for cocktail server to come take are orders when she walking around and ignore us. Every morning we had maids keep knocking on the door very 10min until we have to get up and leave the hotel. One time my sister answer the door and housekeeper was very rude to her by pushing the door in and screaming " What exactly that you need?! " after we try to ask for a comb from another housekeeper.. I rather stay somewhere else cheaper and get more sleep and better service next time.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank monga711
Reviewed 19 August 2012

Last year valet damaged the rims on my sports car. Follow up visit this weekend for much needed R&R. Oh my god, they did it again. This time to a car I waited 6 months for. They ran it into a post this time. Manager was great and sent a bottle of Moët to the room, but no offer or adjustment to my bill. Come on now! I spent close to 2,000 over the course of three days. I'm certainly not a bad customer. Just a very disappointed one. I guess it will be either Soho House or Setai now. I'll miss you Delano.

Stayed: August 2012