5,124 results
All reviews rooftop pool happy hour maxine building south beach free drinks sushi restaurant free shuttle free beach chairs bachelorette party lincoln road ocean drive art deco dorset maxines bartender miami block
Reviewed 15 October 2011

I was a bit nervous after reading the mixed reviews but, am happy to report that I side with the positive! The staff was warm & friendly (and efficient). The room & bed were clean & comfy. The pool was awesome & complimentary chairs & umbrella right on the beach-great! Shuttle to & from the airport efficient. Food at both restaurants fresh & quite good. Location could not be better-great value!!!!

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 October 2011

We stayed at the Catalina during Miami Carnival Weekend from Oct 6 - Oct 10 2011. It was part of a special Groupon.com promotion. I must say it was the best experience we ever had. From the very friendly front desk and staff to the complimentary bottle of champagne that was brought up to our room 5 minutes after check-in (insane , right) to the free bikes to the daily meal vouchers, everything contributed to us having an amaaaaazing time. The rooms were very quiet and comfortable. If you wanted the party atmosphere you just had to take the elevators to the lobby or to the rooftop pool. Best of both worlds. The free bikes made it very convenient and most importantly FUN to get to the main Ocean Drive strip! We will definately stay there again every Miami Carnival weekend from now on!

Reviewed 14 October 2011

We enjoyed our stay here very much. At first we were a bit disappointed in the room because it didn't really look like the picture but it turned out to be perfect for us. Our room was near the entrance yet quiet and private and clean. We loved the shower - it was our first experience with a rain shower! The concierge was helpful in giving us information about the area and printing our boarding passes, etc. Once we arrived at the hotel we never had to drive anywhere. The beach is a five minute walk away, they have 2 gorgeous pools, and a great restaurant. Maxine's has the best breakfast I have had anywhere and the other meals are great too. The staff all make sure that your stay is relaxing and enjoyable. We would return to this art deco, boutique hotel the next time we are in South Beach.

Room tip: They have all of the room types listed on their web site and I wanted to be sure we got what we wanted so I called before I booked online and got a very friendly and helpful person on the phone.
Date of stay: April 2011
Reviewed 13 October 2011

I decided to give this place a try and stayed at the Catalina for 9 days. I was not exactly impressed. The first night, our rooms were mixed up, which i was kind of pissed off about and didn't move to the B-class room until the following afternoon.

The regular rooms were clean, with a nice feel, but a super old TV that was placed in an odd location; however, the B-class room was much more spacious and pleasent, though a bit dim due to the dark curtains.

The pools were nice, and the downstais pool was open late. Mauder was the best pool attendant, always offered clean towels and a smile!

Room tip: -rooms further down the hall, upstairs are a lot quiter if you are lookig to escape the loud dowstairs open bar parties -regular rooms are quite small
Reviewed 13 October 2011

I checked in to the Catalina on what was supposed to be a 4 day business trip. Check in was easy, the valet service was fast and when I checked in they gave me an upgraded room. The room was clean, had an art-deco miami style and was close, but not too close to all of the action on Ocean. Only a few hours after check in, I received a call that I had a family emergency. While I had scheduled my stay at 4 nights, I went downstairs, and told them about my situation. They charged me for only one night which I understood and made sure that my leave was quick and efficient. I hope to stay there again very soon for a little trip soon.

• Trip type: Travelled on business