Hotel Shelley
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$ 291
US$ 255
  • Beachfront
Fontainebleau Miami Beach(Miami Beach)
US$ 436
  • Beachfront
The Miami Beach EDITION(Miami Beach)
US$ 475
US$ 426
  • Pool
The Palms Hotel & Spa(Miami Beach)
US$ 261
US$ 213
thepalmshotel.com
  • Pool
Shore Club South Beach Hotel(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
US$ 287
US$ 250
Hotels.com
US$ 221
US$ 204
  • Beachfront
Grand Beach Hotel(Miami Beach)
US$ 307
  • Pool
Hilton Cabana Miami Beach(Miami Beach)
US$ 234
US$ 204
  • Beachfront
Circa 39 Hotel(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
US$ 191
US$ 170
Travelocity
US$ 388
US$ 284
1,643 results
All reviewshappy hourfree drinksfront desksouth beachfree shuttleairport shuttleocean driveperfect locationenjoyed my stayrooms are smallbeach towelsspring breakbartendernelsonblockmiamiana
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 March 2012

Stayed here for 3 nights for a friends batchelorette/hen party and could not really fault it considering only a 2 star hotel. Rooms are dark, and a little compact but that's because 2 king beds take up most of the room. The hotel is in a prime location, beds are comfortable and the hotel staff are extremely friendly and helpful. Will definately stay here again. If your looking to explore the heart of Miami and little cost, this is the place to be. Can be a little noisy at night depending of the location of your room, but nothing ear plugs won't block out ;-)

2 minutes from Ocean Drive and South Beach, and amongst some branded shops.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank MissT1976
Steve_Sbg_Vibe_Mgr, Manager at Hotel Shelley, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2012

MissT1976,

Yes! Our location is amazing, walking distance to almost everything, the beach, the clubs, great restaurants, and shopping. The staff is trained to give our guest great advice to enjoy what Miami Beach has to offer.

Reviewed 4 March 2012

Ok so my fiance and I were coming up on our 2 yr anniversary and decided to get away. We stayed at the hotel shelley feb 11th - 15th. This hotel is in a prime location next to everything and is perfect if your going to experience the party life. Alex (who was amazing by the way) gave us a corner room on the third floor and you honestly could hear a pin drop (very quiet) We didnt do much in our room and all we really required was a clean bed ( which we got an was surprisingly comfortable) a shower and somewhere to sleep. You cant really complain as you get what you pay for. It was an extremely cheap stay which allowed us more spending money on our trip. A huge thanks to front desk alex and Jorge and bartendeer (forgot her name but i think shes romanian) for making us feel comfortable our entire stay. My only problem was the bar manager was a huge jerk. He was rude and unfriendly, not helpful at all! And like I said the rooms were TINY! All in all for the price (and if it was an all girs trip) I would stay here again. Now next my fiance and I take this trip we are going for more luxury and definitely more space.

Room Tip: ask for a room with double beds even if you are a couple. They are way larger than the queen bedroom!
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Frqnt_travlr91
Steve_Sbg_Vibe_Mgr, Manager at Hotel Shelley, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2012

Frqnt_travlr91,

We hope that you and your fiance had an amazing anniversary. We hope that you were able to enjoy our comfortable beds and bedding. I am more than happy to let Alex and Jorge know you mentioned them in your review. I understand that you would want a bigger room for your next visit. I would like to invite you to take a look at our website and look at the photos of our suites available at our hotels. I am sure you will find them very spacious with the same amazing amenities you received during your stay.

Reviewed 1 March 2012

no wifi in the room, i would to take a drink with my son for the happy hour, and the man at the office said " it's only with alcool, no beverage for your son" , i was amazed, and i went to my room, if my son desn't drink, i don't drink. why no drink to my 6yo son, there are orange juice, apple juice, soda at the bar and he said we can't have a drink without alcool.
and at the check in, you paid 30$ fee per day. ( so happy hour and transfer to the airport are not free, you pay)
(sorry for my english)

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank yass2coeur

yass2coeur,

Thank you for your review, I understand there might have been some type of misunderstanding during your visit. This hotel does not have wifi in the room but it is available in the lobby. We are working on making this change to accommodate our guest. There is a resort fee at our hotel but please understand many hotels charge this fee not just us. We try to give our guest as many freebies as possible to make their stay memorable. We hope you will reconsider and come stay with us again.

Reviewed 1 March 2012

The hotel was quirky, but not bad. Helpful staff, clean room, quiet too (3rd floor). Price was right and all we were looking for was comfortable, clean beds and shower. The negatives - our TV was virtually unwatchable, maintenance came up and tried to fix it to no avail and we were not offered a new room or other options (would have been nice to be able to watch the local news but oh well) and having to go across the street for ice was an inconvenience. The curtains on the windows need better rods so that you can actually slide them open/closed easier since the room tended to be a bit dark all the time, but we'd stay here again (4 nights Jan 24-28 2012). Our next trip we will book for the hotel across the street (same ownership and seems to have a few more amenities).

Room Tip: Rooms on upper floors are quieter, music plays in the lobby all the time.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Carol C

CeeCee_n_Sticks,

I apologize for the inconvenience you encountered with your television. I know that our staff would go above and beyond to make your stay memorable. Thank you for making recommendations to improve your stay. We all look forward to having you stay with us again.

Reviewed 22 February 2012

After reading the reviews I was concerned about booking this boutique hotel....I was pleasantly surprised. The staff was VERY helpful. The hotel had a very cozy feel and The location can't be beat. The outdoor area was great for just relaxing and people watching..The location on Collins was great.. a lot of pedestrian traffic.

The room was small. We had a queen bed...I had no real complaints about the room except , they could invest in some closet lighting..but other than that the room fit its purpose.. was clean and the bathroom was actually pretty spacious.

We enjoyed our stay at the Hotel Shelley.

Room Tip: We asked for a room to the back of the hotel. Very quiet No problem with noise.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mcat1
Steve_Sbg_Vibe_Mgr, Manager at Hotel Shelley, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2012

Mcat1,

I am glad to hear that you took the time to read the reviews and decided to write about your own experience. We feel it is important for our guest to not only read the negative reviews but also take the time to read the great reviews we receive, like yours. Thank you for the recommendations to provided to make ur hotel even better. We hope to see you again soon!