“Look fancy at but....”
Review of Chesterfield Hotel

Chesterfield Hotel
Ranked #71 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed 8 March 2010

Trashy pretentious hotel pretending to be fancy and cool with price that comes along with that come along with those kind of hotel BUT

The personnal at front desk is everything but cool or fancy, there are actualy quite rude.
I arrive and all i get was "ID and visa card" said with a very sharp nasty tone, i felt like i was arrested and a cop was asking for "id, driving license" anyway i try to remain cool and the guy warm up a bit and finally answered kindly to my answer but the first impression / NOT GOOD !!! And my last accounter with the personnal during check out was the same, two girls giving me attitude and dirty looks, no smile, no thank you, nothing, they couldn't careless.

Back to the room, well at first it looks good then you open the draps and realize you are surrender with dirty alley and other building, so no day light but thats' not their fault.
And everything was run down , to the toilt flush, to the wood store broke, the cd player broke and the cleanliness, thats' the main issue, i personnaly don't get to crazy about it, but in this hotel clean towel are stai with different color (if you know what i mean)
sheets the same, i lost a coin under the coach once and remove it to find the coin.
You have no idea the amount of dust behind it. it's like the cleaning stuff have push the dirt under the coach for months.
Bed were surprinsingly comfy though. I had very good sleep. the location is perfect, but that's what you are paying for. thats it. For me it's an overpriced 2 stra hotel pretendng to be a 4 star. I booked it last minute cause i had no other option but won't stay there again for those outrageaous price. It just don't worth it...

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled solo
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 7 March 2010

We have booked 5 nights in Chesterfield hotel in the middle of January, 2010. We have chosen a junior suite, because of the size of the room and its equipments that was stated on the website of the hotel... However when we arrived we had the biggest disappointment ever. The room was tiny, you could hardly pass along the bed and none of the promised extras were available. The room was stinky and dark. Basically we tried to spend as little time as possible in this prison like room. The hotel also charges around 16 dollars resort fee per night for giving free cocktail hour every evening. However you may not want to enjoy this service, since the drinks they call "cocktails" are the cheapest vodka mixed with syrup and soda served in a plastic cup.
Above all the biggest slam of the Chesterfield hotel is the way they handle guests. The hotel made an extra charge on my credit card and when after receiving my credit card statement I politely tried to figure out what the cause of this charge was, I got absolutely no answer. I wrote to the manager, service desk, booking, but no one answered. I called the hotel and got transfered to about 5 people on the phone, but the only information I got is to call my credit card company and withdraw the booking. I think this is unacceptable and I clearly would not recommend this hotel to anyone. Their website is a total lie, their stuff is rude and their prices are ridiculous compared to what they offer.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dettus
Reviewed 5 March 2010

PLEASE DO NOT BOOK AT THE CHESTERFIELD HOTEL. I purchesed a vacation package through Orbitz and had to cancel my first trip to Miami due to the illness of my father. In trying to recover my money paid, several staff member hung up the telephone on me and my travel representative. I had suggested a refund for at three (3) night of the four night paid and sent an email to the Manager, Chris Rollin and . NO RETURN CALL OR RESPONSE...

THIS HOTEL IS VERY UNPROFESSIONAL, RUDE AND ARROGANT. I will never travel to Miami/south Beach for any reason every in the future.

Stayed: February 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 February 2010

This is a great example of putting lipstick on a pig or whatever you favorite chiche saying of the sort may be. If I paid the $130 rate that other people are talking about in reviews, I would have been pretty bummed. It's an old, seedy, falling apart at the seams hotel dressed up in boutique clothing. It's a budget hotel in a good location though, so it has that going for it.

The rooms were pretty good looking, it was a well dressed but tiny and poorly laid out space. The bathroom is definitely interesting with the European style lack of delineation between the shower and the rest of the bathroom. They shamelessly covered every surface with mirrors to try to make it seem larger, but why not get rid of the needlessly massive closet to make a bigger bathroom instead? Because they're cheap, I assume.

Do yourself a favor and don't bother opening the heavy black drapes to find the window for a view, it's pretty ugly out there.

The age of the hotel means that the walls are thin and you can hear everything going on in the hallway, in the alley, next door, across the hall...it was not very restful.

This hotel did the job as far as getting us where we needed to be in South Beach, and we got a rockin deal by booking through a military site so can't really complain and guess we got what we paid for. If you plan to hang out elsewhere and just need a bed at the end of the night in South Beach, this place will do ya just fine. I was relieved to move to another hotel for the next night though -- even though we paid more than twice as much at the next spot, it was worth it.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 February 2010

We were allocated a Deluxe suite at the chesterfield as a result of being upgraded from their sister hotel Shelley (located across the road. We had to move because of renovations).

The suite had plenty of room for two young women, with two comfy double beds and a sofa bed. Room was clean and spacious. Housekeeping came everyday and never cleaned below standard. If ever you needed more towels/soap/shampoo you just had to go down to reception and ask. Theres also a hot tub on the roof!

Staff in the hotel were really friendly, theres a generally relaxed atmosphere. The happy hour was a great way to socialise although drinking between 7pm and 8pm is kinda odd as you havn't had time to eat dinner!

The location is great if you want to be near all the action. The hotel is located between 8th and 9th on Collins, so its right near the beach & Ocean drive as well as shops and restaurants (News cafe is literally around the corner on ocean drive, gr8 for breakfast).

If you've never been to South Beach before, you probably havn't experienced a boutique hotel. These types of hotels are better suited to more independent travelers. If you're looking for a quiet, traditional hotel then go elsewhere. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't unbearably loud, i managed to sleep fine, its just a more hped up atmosphere to be in.

I'd reccomend this hotel to young party groups, aged around 21-30. I'd also reccomend a deluxe suite as they are more spacious than the standard doubles

I will definately be returning to this hotel (im already booked to return this summer!)

Other advice is to take each review with a pinch of salt

great value for money and a definate thumbs up!

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with friends