“Loved it!”
Review of Chesterfield Hotel

Chesterfield Hotel
Ranked #76 of 210 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed 28 March 2012

I absolutely loved the atmosphere, the style of the bedroom and the house music they played constantly all throughout the day and night. Even though I wish that the house keeping did not barge in when we did not answer while sleeping but we have a sense of humor. I loved how small it was as well not too much traffic in and out of the room area. Daniel Estevez and Tavaris (I believe) was also great and made us feel right at home!

Room Tip: If you don't want to hear music from downstairs during the nights, get a room farthest from the...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Chesterfield Hotel

Reviewed 28 March 2012

A friends and I stated here the end of february for her birthday celebration. Hotel valet was simple, check in a breeze and just our overall stay was great! I seriously had not 1 issue with hotel besides the room not having enough light to get ready. Location of this hotel is perfect right in the heart of the best places.everything was in walking distance from wet willies, to mangos to the rustic pizzeria down the block. We absolutely enjoyed our stay thanks to the amazing and enjoyable staff. Alex and the other staff members are the reason we'll be back for my birthday celebration :-)

Room Tip: I think any room would be fine just depends on what your needs are. My friend and I explored the maj...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 March 2012

I stayed here with my wife and toddler and was pleasantly surprised at the quality of the establishment. The lobby and bar area is stylish, and the same applied to the room we had. The bed was excellent and the bedroom had a large LCD TV. There was also one in the living area, which made having a dip in the jacuzzi even more enjoyable.

The room we had was on the ground floor at the back, which meant that there was no view to be had. The more expensive rooms are probably better positioned. The internet didn't work in the room, but because the weather was nice we were able to use it in the communal area outside.

One thing I did not like was the inclusion of a "resort fee". I think it's a deceptive practice, particularly for an establishment that is not actually a resort; just because everyone else does it does not make it right. Still, the room only cost us $80 with that included, so I thought it remained a good deal. On that note, we got a much better price by booking through an external site, rather than the hotel's website.

The location is excellent, for it's in a great part of South Beach and is a very short walking to restaurants and the beach. I'd definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 March 2012

Fleabag motel still charged resort fee. Moved us to next room and I had my first ever asthma attack from black mold in a/c unit. Avoid this place like the plague, which I may have caught here'

• Stayed: January 2012
2  Thank BIGCityAPes
Steve_Sbg_Vibe_Mgr, Manager at Chesterfield Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2012

BigCityAFes,

I am sorry to hear about your review. Our staff works very hard to make sure our rooms are clean. Our hotel does not have fleas and we are not a motel. I understand that Florida is a humid place and we do have a lot of mosquitos. However, we still want you to have a great experience with our hotel. I hope that you can come back and enjoy your stay like you should have the first time around.

Steven Morales
Vibe Manager

Reviewed 22 March 2012

I've stayed here numerous times and each time gets better and better. The hotel is located in the heart of South Beach so if that's where you want to be this is the place. The staff is helpful and gracious. Franchesca at the front desk is always courteous and patient, Pedro the bellman is always friendly and ready to give great service. Paula at the bar has been there awhile and it's great to see a familiar face. Paula is solid and very helpful and knowledgeable. I will stay here again.

Darren