“Easy rental and return but not very good bikes”
Review of Citibike

Citibike
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Reviewed 4 February 2018

The bikes are heavy and mine was in pretty poor condition. Riding in Miami Beach isn't very great as it is very crowded. And the streets are dangerous. They don't have helmets either. So if you are into riding a clunker bike with no helmet while they are filming the real-life version of Fast and Furious nearby you are in just the right place. Otherwise, stay off the bikes.

All reviews
"collins avenue"
"exercise"
in 18 reviews

Reviewed 1 February 2018

We hired Citibikes from South Beach to ride up to Mid Beach. We cycled along the beach path along with many walkers, roller bladers and skateboarders. So it was busy! Everyone just gets on with doing what they are doing and manages to avoid bumps or crashes. It was real fun to be back on a bike after many years and very nerve racking trying to avoid hitting anyone as I was still a bit wobbly. When we reached our destination we parked the bikes at a Citibike station and went on our way. It was pretty cheap at $4 per bike. Would recommend

Reviewed 28 January 2018

if you want a fun way to check out the area or just get some exercise this is a good way to do it bikes were in decent shape and we rode for about an hour

Reviewed 28 January 2018 via mobile

Citi bikes was the best way to get to know South Beach; we hired them for 4 hours. We went to Southport and cycle all the way to North Beach by the beach side, then we were able to continue cycling on the main road on the bicycle line to the center. We had delicious Chinese meal and we returned the bikes 2 minutes from our hotel. Each bike has a basket which I put my backpack in and strong lights for you to see and to be seeing. I recommend this service 100%.

See more reviews
Reviewed 27 January 2018

I had a terrible experience with this company. The bikes are old and badly maintained and the docking stations are faulty. Every bike I rented had a fault from not staying in 3rd gear (top gear) or the seat not staying up etc. However the worst part was being told I hadn't returned my bike when I had and had even gone to the trouble of checking it was secure in the docking station twice. It's too long a story to go into here but I was threatened with an $800 fee and when reading the small print which we all sign on screen before renting the bike I see I'm not only liable for that but also all their costs if I take them to court to get the money back (even if I win... which surely cannot be legal). Their customer service is useless and rude and did very little to try to recover the bike and it wasn't until I cancelled my card and told them I would not pay unless ordered to by a court that 48 hours after going missing the bike suddenly turned up (where I had docked it). So basically their technology failed and I was going to have to pay for it. You will too unless you gather evidence each time you dock you bike. Very unprofessional and very poor customer service all round. I bank with Citibank so I'm writing to them to tell them they have put their name to a very bad group of people making money out of innocent tourists with a very poor product.