New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Casa Grande Suite Hotel of South Beach

Casa Grande Suite Hotel of South Beach
Ranked #117 of 206 Hotels in Miami Beach
SAINT PETERSBURG
“No room at the Inn--the night before a four-day trip!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2012

We were scheduled to stay at the Casa Grande for three nights to celebrate my husband's birthday. At 7:00pm the NIGHT BEFORE our trip, we got a call from Hotels.com that the Casa Grande would not honoring the (fully paid several months before) reservation. It took an hour to find an alternate, and nowhere near as nice, hotel that was in the general price range. AVOID THIS HOTEL---you can be guaranteed that they might cancel your reservation a few hours before you're supposed to check in!!! If they had an issue with Hotels.com, why make the customers suffer? And didn't they know they had an issue less than 24 hours before check-in? I suspect they either had a better offer for a block or rooms, or they found bedbugs.

Room Tip: Don't book here---you might not have a room!
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank AMY B
CasaGrandeManager834, General Manager at Casa Grande Suite Hotel of South Beach, responded to this review, 25 May 2015
Dear Past Guest,

We appreciate your review and apologize for the inconvenience that was caused. Especially when you were planning on celebrating something so special. Please contact me directly at the hotel next time you plan on coming to South Beach so we can offer you a wonderful upgrade.
Best regards,
Marissa Suarez
Ps... Rest assure we NEVER had bedbugs so you will definitely get a good nights sleep here :)
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
  • Hungarian first
  • Turkish first
Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2012

We had a great time here, and the staff were very friendly. We had a very large lounge with views out over Ocean Drive, palm trees and the beach. Fantastic. The bedroom was spacious and bed reasonably comfortable. There was a fully kitted out kitchen (no laundry), wifi and large Tv's in both the lounge and bedroom.
The entrance to the hotel is very chic and has security entry, it gives a wonderful ambience when you first arrive and each time you return to your room.
Being right in the centre of SoBe means that all that wonderful night life goes on outside your window kinda all the time, getting a little quieter around 5am! We'd done some travelling before stopping here so our tiredness meant we could sleep through the festivities! I woke a couple of times and was surprised at the lively atmosphere outside regardless of the time.
Great place to sample all of the delights of SoBe with charismatic staff. A wee gem.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2012

My husband and I stayed here after our Cruise. We were off the Cruise Ship by 9:00 a.m. However, we couldn't check in until 4:00 p.m !?!? And Check out was at 12:00 noon the next day. We called and spoke to Ronnie and asked if we could get a later check out for at least 1:00 p.m. since our check in was so late. He said no. My husband and I travel on a regular basis. And we've stayed at some very nice hotels. We've never had a check in at 4:00 and we've never been denied a 1:00 p.m. check out. Also having stayed at many hotels in the past, were also familiar with hotels holding incidentials on your debit/credit card. But $150.00 for one night!?!? Yikes!!! That's crazy!!! We've never paid that for ONE night!!! We bought a groupon for $139 for one night and no were on the groupon did it state an extra $150.00 would be required to be held on our card. We get to our room and right away notice the bed is dipping in the middle. We look under the bed and the bed is broken! We call Ronnie at the front desk and he says he'll contact the engineer to fix the bed. A few moments later, he calls back saying he can't reach the engineer so he'll switch us to another room. The furniture in the first room was much better than the second room he put us in. There was this huge coffe table in the living room that looked like it had taken a beating. Scuff marks all over it, and scratches. I like the concept of staying in an apartment, but the furnishings could of been better. The Embassy are one bedroom Suites and the furnishing there were better. Like I said, I've been to many nice Hotels Downtown Chicago ... very Chic and they were furnished alot better than the room here. Plus this Hotel came with no amenities. No pool, no room service, even the beach towels we were given had holes in them. Finally, parking sucks, as it is South Beach. I think in the future, it's not worth it to stay right in South Beach. I think I'd much rather stay at the Embassy in Miami, wake up to my cook to order breakfast, and should i wish to visit South Beach I can drive my rental car there and park for the few hours I'm visiting. It's nice to be right across from the beach, but the high deposits for the "boutique hotels" and lack of parking to me doesn't make it worth it.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

While planning our SouthBeach trip I received a Groupon offer for this hotel for $139 per night. This was much cheaper than anything else I was considering. I called the hotel directly to see if they had availability for the two nights we needed before purchasing the Groupon. The front desk told me not to purchase the Groupon, they would honor that rate so I booked it. After making the reservation I read the TripAdivisor reviews and was somewhat concerned but figured I'd take my chances with the great rate. I'm glad I did. The location was great, the staff friendly and helpful and the room spacious, clean and quite. No view to speak of as our room was on the side of the hotel but I'm certain this helped with the quietness. I had major concern over the noise levels in these historic South Beach hotels as I'm a very light sleeper but that was never a problem here. We were in room 506 which is on the top floor so that probably helped with any noise issue. As far as the negatives; the linens could have been nicer, there was no alarm clock at all, the bathroom is tiny. This hotel would be good for an extended stay due to the full size refrigerator, stove, microwave, however there were very minimal dishes and utensils. Closet storage was also very ample. I did notice carpet stains as a previous reviewer had mentioned but I did not feel the carpet or room was dirty, probably just some kind of stain that refuses to come out, like red wine!

1 Thank pshoe0528
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2012

I read some very negative reviews of this hotel and couldn't disagree more. Trust me, I'm very fussy. Our room was very large, clean and comfortable. The staff was exceptionally friendly. The location was great and I would not hesitate to stay there again.

Room Tip: We stayed in 307. It was the back of the hotel, not much of a view but we had no noise from the stre...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends