2,291 results
All reviews tavern restaurant happy hour front desk south beach mid beach sun deck free drinks free shuttle airport shuttle valet parking great boutique small pool beautiful hotel beach chairs per day resort fee an umbrella
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We had a great time. We were unable to enjoy our stay fully due to Storm Micheal passing by and making it very windy. Croydon has a very friendly and helpful staff. The room was great with view of the pool area. The only draw back of that room was that it was next to a staff room and some nights would wake up to noises. But the room was awesome. Even though we didn't get to enjoy the beach like we would of liked due to the storm, but Hotel Croydon is just across the street from the beach. The hotel also has a roof top that looked very nice, but because of the storms wind we couldn't enjoy it, next time. We also liked that it wasn't far from South Beach and could get there with a free trolly ride. We also enjoyed the Tavern restaurant thats right in the hotel lobby. A bit pricey, but for the convenience of being open 24/7 it's not a bad deal. We didn't stay in the hotel much. We just showered and out again, but the room was well kept. Thank you Hotel Croydon staff for a great birthday weekend.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
Roberto H, General Manager at Hotel Croydon, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

willf3372018 thank you for taking the time to write your review. We work hard to make sure our guests have a great time with us. We are happy to read your stay was a good one. We are glad your birthday celebration was fun in Miami. I will make sure I addressed the noise situation with our housekeeping staff. Thank you for letting us know. If you need to contact me you may do so at roberto.hermosilla@southbeachgroup.com if there is anything we can do prior to your next visit.
Kind regards,
Rob Hermosilla
GM

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The hotel was convenient for our family while a family member was being treated at Mt. Sinai.
The staff was considerate and polite. The restaurant and bar adjacent, The Tavern featured fresh food and drinks.
Nancy B

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
Silvana C, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Croydon, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Nancy B

We are truly grateful for your stay and for your kind words describing your great experience with us. It makes us happy to hear that our strategic location worked out perfect for you, and that our Staff was very welcoming and sensitive to all of your needs.

We wish your family member a full recovery.
Hotel Croydon Team will be happy to host you again, should your path bring you to this area.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed one night. Cory the bar tender was very polite, quick, and knowledgeable on the area. Eric and Chief Gerry, were also on point. The chicken alfredo best I've had in a while... Thank you again for everything Eric
A+ Serive all around

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with friends

Dear DustinV

How amazing it is to read that you had such an awesome stay at Hotel Croydon, and that our staff made your experience even better!! Wonderful! We thrive for perfection and it is very rewarding to know you had a great time with us.

Please come back for more A+ service. We look forward to your next visit !

Best regards,

Reviewed 7 October 2018 via mobile

This hotel is very dubious, and their policy should be questioned. I made a reservation on Oct 1st, for a 4 night stay at Hotel Croydon for Oct 20- 24th. I booked the ‘free cancellation’ room for $690 on booking.com

Imagine my shock, when my debit card was charged for $199 on Oct 5th. Two weeks before my check-in date. I work for a franchise- DoubleTree, and never in my years in hospitality have I experienced this disdainful greed.

The front desk rep I spoke to, said it was a family hotel with limited number of rooms, so they usually place a hold on the equivalent of one-night stay to guarantee the reservation. Wth??!!

This policy was not stated on BOOKING.COM. I was assured my card would not be charged. The fact that hotel croydon could have overdrawn my account leaves me very angry. I am disappointed at their policies and hope that you are aware of this policy when booking this nasty seedy greedy 2-star hotel!

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Lola O,

Firstly , thanks for choosing us and for taking the time to write this feedback. I regret to read that you are under the impression that our guest's best interests are not our main priorities and I would like to clarify this. To guarantee a stay by collecting payment of the first night, is not only a worldwide common Hospitality practice, but this information, unlike the statement provided in your feedback, is also indeed described in Booking.com online site. More precisely, on the screen that describes the booking anyone is about to confirm, and next to the "Free cancellation" description in green, there is a question mark that when you click on, it shows more information about cancellation and prepayment, including this highlighted text : "You will be charged a prepayment of the total price at anytime". Should anyone makes this type of reservation and wants to cancel it, this first night payment is automatically refunded.

I can see how this misunderstanding caused you to doubt our integrity, but rest assured that Hotel Croydon is an honorable establishment with no further intentions than to provide memorable experiences to all of our guests in a transparent, safe and respectful atmosphere.This is the reason we are top ranked, and it shows in most of the reviews our other guests are posting.

Furthermore, should you want to stay with us, please contact our GM directly at roberto.hermosilla@southbeachgroup.com and he would gladly take your reservation and see to it that you enjoy the experience that so many of our guests have grown so fond of.

All the best,

Reviewed 3 October 2018

Nice hotel. Staff very friendly and helpful. Restaurant food was good, large portions, great pricing. Pool area was kept nice and clean. Location is quiet and very close to the beach. Rooftop sun bathing area was great, awesome 90's music and cold water available.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Silvana C, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Croydon, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2018

Amazing Tracy S!

Thank you for an amazing review! We are grateful you chose us and delighted to read you enjoyed your stay with us so much! We love to read you liked our quiet but strategic location, onsite restaurant, our neat pool and our relaxing and bright rooftop sun bathing area. Our staff works hard to deliver excellent service, and we are happy to hear they made your stay better.

We would love that you visit us again!

Warm regards,