Stayed here on our arrival day in the US and also the night before our departure - first room was a two-floor room with spiral staircase, second room was on the ground floor near the pool.
It's a good location (short walk to the beach), and the property seemed well kept and certainly everything worked well in both the rooms we had. Not sure why the second room (which cost more) was so much smaller than the first room, but maybe they upgraded that first room so no complaints.
Good outdoor dining space, nice breakfasts both times.
My only gripe is that any European visitors staying here on their first night in the US will likely - as we did - wake up the next morning very early - 5am in our case. Coffee is then very much needed, but unless we read things wrong we had to wait until 7am to be able to order cofee - and there are no coffee/tea making facilities in the room.
The in-room check in on our first night was also strange - you get taken to the room, then the person said they'd be back in 10 minutes to finish check-in. No one arrived (I'd not expected them to) so we walked down ourselves - I reckon this is a waste of resource, and all should be done at the front desk.
Also, there is a bit of street noise on Washington Avenue until 3am which isn't a problem if windows are closed and AC used.
Minor things though - we very much liked the hotel, and would stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled deep just off Washington Avenue one would not expect to find a unique collection of accommodations and lushly landscaped atmosphere that promises to instill a sense of relaxation the moment you enter. Privacy by design, on rooftop terraces, private gardens and private Jacuzzis. The pool is a perfect retreat to bask in by sun or moon. Unlike most hotels, at Kimpton Angler's you will instantly feel as though you are in a friends home, with furnishings, fixtures and services that meet even the most discriminating traveler. Stay a night, a week or longer. This is your new home away from home. Four legged friends are welcome too. Choose your suite for the perfect retreat for family, friends, honeymoon, girlfriend's getaway, business trip, long holiday, special occasion or just a break from the ordinary. This is a charming and lovely taste of the tropics, as never before seen in South Beach. With a subtle mix of international flavor and style clientele from all parts of the globe, all will convene and feel welcome. At once the hotel is discreet while managing to be the center of the attention all at the same time. Energies flow amongst tower suites, garden lounge, and intimate communal pool where relaxing or growing your circle of friends is the order of the day. With a unique approach melding fine island living with historic charm and elegance, we invite you to come be a part of Kimpton Angler's. Step into an era of simple yet stylish beauty and sophistication. Spacious Studios and Duplex Suites offer a new level of hospitality that you are sure to enjoy. Set in the heart of the historic art deco district, travelers are invited to take their place in public or in private. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Kimpton Angler's Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Angler`s Boutique Hotel Miami Beach
- The Anglers Boutique Hotel