Suites at Congress Ocean Drive
Fontainebleau Miami Beach(Miami Beach)
US$ 375
US$ 341
  • Beachfront
W South Beach(Miami Beach)
US$ 489
US$ 409
  • Beachfront
Boulan South Beach(Miami Beach)
US$ 223
US$ 199
  • Pool
Marriott Vacation Club Pulse, South Beach(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
US$ 257
US$ 238
Marriott
  • Beachfront
The Palms Hotel & Spa(Miami Beach)
US$ 234
US$ 192
thepalmshotel.com
  • Pool
Grand Beach Hotel(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
US$ 528
US$ 198
US$ 144
US$ 278
  • Beachfront
Hilton Cabana Miami Beach(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
US$ 224
US$ 196
1,424 results
All reviewsrooftop poolocean drivesouth beachmain buildingfull kitchenone bedroom suitebell hophappy hourocean frontliving areafree drinksbalconykitchenettemiamidishwasheractionsobe
Reviewed 10 April 2012

relatively reasonable prices for lovely, clean rooms n the heart of south beach, with all the necessary amenities. FANTASTIC rooftop pool (although the rooftop bar charges $12/drink), and great access to the beach with towel/chair service. the downside - totally disorganized front desk and staff. don't expect any questions to be answered promptly or accurately, or even for them to remember your correct booking info. poor service is typical for the area though, and would absolutely stay here again. thanks, congress hotel, for a great vacation!

Room Tip: call the manager to discuss negotiate the best possible price.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank traveler01010
congressmanagement, General Manager at Suites at Congress Ocean Drive, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2012

Many thanks for taking the time to review and your 4 & 5 Star review on cleanliness & rooms. My apologies if there some confusion at check-in that negatively affected your perception of the hotel during your stay with us. Please feel free to contact my office directly so that I can arrange your next stay at the Congress Hotel South Beach! In the meantime, I wish you and your family safe travels and warm regards,

Reviewed 9 April 2012

I read several reviews about South Beach being a party town so I was prepared for that beforehand. What I WAS NOT prepared for was the loud music played by the Medi Grill all day and night long. The Medi Grill is located on the street level of one of the Congress Hotel Buildings. Congress is made up of more than one building. We stayed in the two level building next to the Medi Grill. Our room was classified as “oceanfront”, but the balcony opened on the side of the Medi Grill. The music thumped and throbbed from about noon til 3 am. We had to turn up the tv extremely loud to drown out the noise. This was very frustrating because paying $250 and up per night, you want to be able to retreat to your room for a little peace and relaxation from activities and to prepare for the night outings. We tried to switch rooms, but nothing was available. We actually considered switching hotels, but because it was spring break, not too many options in the decent hotels.

About the room:

It was decent, just as the pictures had shown. There were definitely areas that could have been cleaned better. They should definitely use some of the open space and provide a dresser because the small closet in the room does not hold much. The couch was not the most comfortable and the bed sank in the middle. It was a great convenience having the kitchen, but make sure you take inventory of the mini bar when you get the room. We bought our own food and drinks and didn’t take inventory of the minibar when checking in. When we checked out we were charged for a tonic water that we never drank. We brought it to the attention of the front desk upon checkout, but she just brushed it off. Even though $2 is not going to break the bank, it still stinks being charged for something you didn’t drink.
Maid service was non-existent the first day, the second day we called for service. She did show up on the final day, but we were checking out so no need.

Our room had a tv in the living room (analog) and HD in the bedroom. This hotel needs to upgrade the tvs so you are not watching different channel selections.

Next time in South Beach, I’ll definitely stay in a quieter area of Ocean Drive.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your recent review tripadvisor review regarding your visit at the Congress Hotel.

I do apologize for the fact that you were disturbed by the noise in the area surrounding our guest rooms during your visit. Miami had a 10 day long conference called "Winter Music Conference & Ultra Festival" and that particular week was dedicated to celebrate music.

I apologize for the inconvenience with housekeeping, please note that our team are trained not to disturb guest while a "Do not distur sign" is on. I encourage you to contact my office at your convenience so I can resolve any remaining issues you may have at cbono@congresshotelsouthbeach.com.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 3 April 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed there during the Winter Music Conference and the Congress was the perfect locale. Everyday they had something going on at the pool...Great room with kitchenette and balcony (stayed in C407)...fantastic rooftop pool overlooking Ocean Drive and the beach. Great service from the staff. I have zero complaints about it. Also, the bed was super comfy.
I highly recommend this hotel if you are going to stay on Ocean and want to be in the middle of South Beach

Room Tip: Stay in newly renovated building...the main building. "c"
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank bubbalicious515

Thank you so much for staying with us during the Winter Music Conference! We are happy to hear you enjoyed our daily activities at the Pool during your recent visit to South Beach.

We are so grateful for your feedback and for the 4 & 5 Star ratings ! Thank you for taking the time to review your experience at The Congress Hotel South beach on TripAdvisor.

We hope to see you again soon!

Warm regards,

Reviewed 1 April 2012

I would definitely stay somewhere else next time. In the day of our arrival, they checked us in after 4pm, which was really annoying. We had to wait a lot as our arrival was 11 am! Then as we decided to enter our room, they made us wait for about half an hour to give us our luggage which we left for them earlier in the morning. Let me add one important thing, we had asked for a room with balcony, but they gave us a regular room. We discussed this issue a lot, but at the end, they offered us free breakfast for our stay and free drinks at the roof top pool bar. The. Real fast itself had really low quality, and the free drink never happened because there were nobody at the so-called bar which I mentioned earlier. The only thing that makes this hotel sell its rooms is that its location is in the best area of the place which all dancing bars and everything is placed.

• Stayed: March 2012
3  Thank MaxAlexander
congressmanagement, General Manager at Suites at Congress Ocean Drive, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2012

Thank you for your review and your feedback. We take all of our guest's feedback seriously and to heart. We want to make sure that every guest has a positive experience and enjoys their stay.

Check in starts at 4 pm and check out at 11 am. You do have the opportunity to book your room the night prior, which is helpful especially if your travel brings you to the Hotel at 11 am.
It is our pleasure to provide you with an early check in if possible. Please understand check out is at 11 am and when you have a sold out hotel, it is not easy to accommodate. We take pride in cleaning our rooms.

We accept requests for balconies but never guarantee one since guests may decide to extends their stay at the Congress Hotel. The suite you reserved is also the one you received.

Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed 28 March 2012

Before you book, check out their "what's on" page of their excellent website. We arrived in the midst of the Miami Winter Music festival. It was very very noisy - everywhere. Views from Hotel roof terrace of South beach are fab. Very friendly and helpful staff, who went out of their way to help us. Good location for Miami and South Beach. Rcommended, but mainly for those under 70!

Room Tip: Beach view if viable, but views from roof are fab.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
congressmanagement, General Manager at Suites at Congress Ocean Drive, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2012

Thank you for your review ! I am so pleased to learn that during your visit the entire staff was nothing but helpful, friendly, and accommodating, which is of the utmost importance to us here on property. I am honored that a senior contributor took the time to write a review about the hotel and specifically highlighted how fantastic the customer service was as well as our page event on our website.

I will be sure to relay your feedback to the entire team to praise them for all their hard work. Thank you for the 4 and 5 star ratings for rooms, cleanliness and service. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and I hope to see you real soon on your next trip to The Congress Hotel South Beach!.