Suites at Congress Ocean Drive
  • Bar/Lounge
Essex House(Miami Beach)
Hotel Edison(Miami Beach)
View Hotel
Dream South Beach(Miami Beach)
Hotel Victor(Miami Beach)
  • Pool
The Kent Hotel(Miami Beach)
Viscay Hotel(Miami Beach)
1,424 results
All reviewsrooftop poolocean drivesouth beachmain buildingfull kitchenone bedroom suitebell hophappy hourocean frontliving areafree drinksbalconykitchenettemiamidishwasheractionsobe
Reviewed 15 March 2012

So as other customers complained, we arrived at 12 noon, official check - in time 4, I had already requested that if it is possible please check us in early. I even saw several guests checking out. But after our 3 night stay we discovered that this was all dude to the staff being insufficient , either there is no proper head count and they should work on hiring more people.
We decided to check out the pool and the beach, there is no place to change so we were sent to the toilet on the rooftop near the pool. Filthy toilet, i almost cried, as the toilet wasnt even flushed, and there was no service member at the roof top bar. The only good thing about the bar is their friendly bartender who did her best to be helpful and gave us tips about the area. Besides that the front desk lady was extremely rude, unpolite and unprofessional.
I have stayed at hotels all over the world and they focus on superior customer service, this hotel is only thriving because of its fabulous location and nothing else.
they made us wait for 4 hours of what seemed like an eternity to prepare our room , and it was almost a hundred degrees outside, the least they couldve done wouldve been to call and inform us that they are working on our room, infac at one point when i went up at the front desk, she completely ignored me
The breakfast coupons are such a scam , u can only order a limited menu which is pretty much a serving of scrambled eggs OR pancakes OR an omelet with a piece of toast and coffee
The staff at the beach and the bellman were helpful and nice
apart from that getting towels at the front desk again was a mission. One time we had to wait to ask for a towel for 20 minutes, because the female at the front desk was busy talking about her manisure with a guest, and then obviously my husband gave it to her that how unprofessional are you you have a guest standing here , waiting for a towel while u completely ignore him. Front desk peple need to get their act straight.
Please expect the place to be noisy, its a good party environment so if you want a quieter place, this is definately not the place.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Amber A
congressmanagement, General Manager at Suites at Congress Ocean Drive, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to detail your recent experience at The Congress Hotel. We are deeply sorry that we were not able to meet your expectations during your recent visit to our hotel.

We pride ourselves at The Congress Hotel South Beach in offering bespoke service at the highest standards. Please allow us the opportunity of discussing your comments further so that we can examine the issues which you have noted. We hope that you will reach out to us directly. Our email address is cbono@congresshotelsouthbeach.com

Best regards,

Claudio Bono

Reviewed 11 March 2012

I stayed with two other guests at the Congress Hotel for the SoBe Food and Wine Festival. I saw some of the other reviews commenting about the service, but we had a really great experience. I thought the room was clean and well provisioned and the view was amazing. When we asked for some additional wine glasses they were promptly delivered. There was a bellhop that was always attentive and would welcome us every time we returned. Given the attitude at some other hotels I thought it was really refreshing.

On 13th street you're really in the absolute middle of the beach and you're no more than a 3-5 block walk away from most restaurants/clubs so there's going to be activity until late... especially on Friday/Saturday. Why would you want to stay on Ocean if you don't enjoy that? The nightlife was lively outside until late, but once the balcony door is shut it was quiet in the room.

I'll definitely be returning the Congress!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Steven W
Reviewed 9 March 2012

The hotel is horrible starting from the rude front desk service personnel and ending on filthy rooms and lobby area. The hotel needs some major renovations and new cleaning staff as everything around is very, very dirty. There are numbers of cigarettes buds on the grounds, EVERYWHERE, even though it is suppose to be a smoke free hotel. Everyone in the swimming pool area is smoking leaving the leftover cigarets on the floor...we arrived at the hotel at 9 am in the morning and were assured that our room will be ready in few hours... We came back to the front desk at 3 pm after not receiving any call from the front desk personnel and a very rude young lady at the desk told us that we are not going to get the room before 4 pm, as stated in the hotel check in policy... Other hotels try very best to accommodate their guests, but this one clearly does not care!!! Do yourself a favor and stay at a hotel that will treat you the way you are suppose p be treated!! Waste of money! Disappointed!!!!!

• Stayed: March 2012
3  Thank Edycias22
Reviewed 9 March 2012

Having lived in South Beach for a few years, I love to find a hotel that is right in the heart of everything when I return for pleasure and The Congress Hotel is it. We had one of their premiere apartments with two balconies and views that were great. South Beach is a lively, vivacious place so know that going in. This is a great place to watch people and to be seen. I can't tell you how many times people waved to me when I sat on the balcony.

I am used to South Beach being loud but in all honesty, I was shocked about how quiet our apartment was, even though we had three sliding glass doors and were right below the pool which is on the roof! After partying til the wee hours in the morning, I was able to sleep like a baby. The kitchenettes were very useful, although the snack items were way overpriced, but hey, it's a hotel. The bed was very comfy. One suggestion I do have for the pool area is get a few more lunge chairs. There is quite a view up there!

Our apartment had a clean, modern look to it and wifi access was easy. It is within walking distance to just about everything. If you want an apartment that is cool and in the heart of it all, then I suggest The Congress.

Room Tip: I would suggest getting one of the apartments that are right on Ocean Drive. They are very cool.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank New2Rehoboth
Reviewed 8 March 2012

We stayed here because a wedding party had booked a block of rooms. Wouldn't have been my first choice, but all my friends were here. The run down... Room 502 - best room in the hotel - top floor, ocean front with wrap around balcony. Hotel has 5 buildings with almost all having no balcony's and no views... first warning.

- Check in was poor. Said they would call when room was ready. Staff changed - no call.
- Parking will cost you $26/day plus valet. Don't try to park overnight on Ocean Drive or Collins as it will cost more than parking :(
- SB room taxes run very high which you will pay regardless where you stay. Our room for 2 cost an add'l $45/day which included the "resort" fee and SB taxes.
- Expect a $12.50 pp "resort" charge for the free continental breakfast and other, non-existent amenities. Nice view from the roof-top pool area. A 2 to 3 star pool area; 5 for the view and a 1 for everything else.
- Gave us 2 free drink tickets for roof-top bar. Bartender didn't know what they were good for...
- Room itself was what I expect for a $99/day hotel- not a $300/day place. Cheap $2 towels, No replacement coffee in the room. Had a microwave (all in espaniol - a first), nice fridge, good A/C, poor 18" color TVs mounted in bedroom and in the main room, stained furniture and curtains.
- Cleanliness - what cleanliness? Dirty windows, doritos under the couch.... I'm not a clean freak, but please run the vacuum once in a while and clean the windows.
+ Daniel, bell person was great.
+ Bike rentals in Lummis park outside the front door only costs $5/hr and it is self serve.
+ Great location, Mom's Pizza right around the corner serves NY style on the inexpensive.

SB in general... Beware for new travelers....
- Watch out as tips are often included in your bill, so read the fine print.
- Watch out for the 2x1 cocktails. You'll pay $25 for a fishbowl mojito or a beer (germany size).
+ Cabs are regulated and a good way to travel.

Overall... Consider where you are going as this is South Beach. Either lower your expectations or try other nearby SB places which there are many including the Victory, Clevelander (both are right next door) or better yet street away on Collins.

Room Tip: Negotiate for an upgrade to a room with ocean view.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends