“good pizza ... with a but ..”
Review of Fratelli La Bufala

Fratelli La Bufala
Ranked #121 of 1,183 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Price range: US$ 18 - US$ 45
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 5th and Washington
Description: FLB invites you to discover sensations and flavors linked to biological agriculture such as Buffalo meat and Buffalo mozzarella, the traditional Neapolitan pizza and other dishes based on health and quality.Our products come from small south Italian farms. Their naturalness and quality are preserved through a strict control of the raw materials. Our offer is unique and wants to suggest feelings and tastes linked to Buffalo pasture and nature.At ‘Fratelli La Bufala’ we follow the Mediterranean tradition, you will taste pizzas with 100% buffalo mozzarella, dishes with buffalo meat, cheese, salami, hand-made pasta, buffalo ricotta cakes …
Reviewed 8 January 2018

I live in Naples 30m away from Fratelli La bufala .. so I think I'm one of the best pizza eaters worldwide ... so when I found in Miami ... wow ... I felt home.
The restaurant is very well located in sb on the 5th close to the ocean ... so a very short walk from our hotel ... but in any case, sb is so crowded with uber that you can reach any place with 5$ or so.
The quality of pizza is good, the crew is mainly from Italy, and the taste of mozzarella is good ... so i think it's really imported rather than the local cheese.

coming to the "but" ... we had a regular reservation, we have been convinced by the lady that the outside table was warm enough ... and with heating ... we accepted ... but actually was freezing and the heating was covering all the other tables but ours ... we asked a couple of times to move the heater closer .. but apparently, we are less important than the others ... so we hurried to leave as soon as possible since was freezing
we paid something in the range of $250 for 5 pizza, drinks, dessert and tip ... I'm not complaining ... I know prices in the US are crazy for the facility, food, import, ... so just warning the next customers ... don't expect to pay 10$ pizza and beer like in Naples otherwise you'll be disappointed ...

btw I suggest this restaurant I will come again on my next visit ... but please behave in less "napolitan way"

Ludus63, Public Relations Manager at Fratelli La Bufala, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2018

Dear Gianni thanks for the review.
I apologize for the problem with the heating.
It is unacceptable that you felt less important than other customers.
We appreciate the honesty in evaluating the quality of the product.
The prices are very much driven by rules of the American market.
Look forward to your next visit.
Luca

Reviewed 6 January 2018

We have probably eaten here a half dozen times over the years, and it is consistently excellent every single time. The bread in the bread basket was so good that after the second refill, we were almost so full that we could have left! Pizzas are amazing, as are the salads. I am still dreaming about that buffalo mozzarella...

Ludus63, Public Relations Manager at Fratelli La Bufala, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2018

Grazie Asquared13!!
I love our bread as well!! It is worth the visit.
Half a dozen times is too few!! You should come more often!

Reviewed 5 January 2018

Small restaurant with some good food. Don't expect your tradition spaghetti or lasagna. They serve pizza, but its not what a chain store would serve you. Note: this is a good thing!! My wife had the Gnocchi (Ricotta Cheese gnocchi served with fresh Bufala mozzarella, cherry tomatoes & basil) and I had the Mari e Monti (Linguine Saute with mushroom, baby octopus & shrimp in a fresh tomato sauce). we enjoyed both. Service was very good.

Grazie IllinoisProf..
Our pizza is traditional Neapolitan recipe...Unesco just gave it a place in the world heritage!!

Reviewed 5 January 2018 via mobile

Our family of 4 was vacationing and decided to try this place based on a recommendation from our hotel staff. What a treat! The atmosphere, the clientele and the food were solid Italian. We have eaten at places throughout Italy and this is the real deal. A bit crowded and noisy but that attests to it's popularity.

Ludus63, Public Relations Manager at Fratelli La Bufala, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2018

Thanks a lot for the nice review..
Yes, we are crowded...
Thanks to our loyal clientele since 2005!!

Reviewed 4 January 2018 via mobile

Coming from Chicago where the pizzas are excellent. I was surprised The pizza Margherita DOP &La Reale were good. The Fettuccine Mari e Monti​ should have more sea food. The service and the environment was pleasant.

Thanks Rosgi!!
Having lived for seven years in Chicago I know how much you are proud of your pizza!
Thanks for the review and look forward to your next review.