“Authentic / Delicious Thai Food - Highly Recommend!!!”
Review of Thai House

Thai House
Ranked #246 of 1,217 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Price range: US$ 0 - US$ 30
Cuisines: Sushi, Thai, Vietnamese
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Flamingo / Lummus
Reviewed 8 May 2018

I stopped in here as we were in South Beach and my niece wanted Thai food. After I protested and stated that we should try some "local" cuisine, she was adamant that we get Thai food. So we did a quick search on Trip Adviser and found this gem.

We were a bit early, around 6 pm, so the place was deserted but, we were greeted immediately and seated quickly. The drinks came out quickly, now, I have been to Thai land a number of times and there are certain dishes and drinks that are hard to find anywhere but Thailand. The first surprise that I found was Thai Iced tea, they sell it everywhere in Thailand but its difficult to find here, well they had it here and it was made to perfection!!! Super refreshing with the distinct thai tea and the right amount of condensed milk. So first, I would recommend this drink.

We ordered an appetizer for the table as well as a Papaya Salad (I know it as Som Tom). The appetizers, it was a mixed sampler platter was amazing, the chicken, rolls etc, were spot on, good flavor, hot and fresh, but the star of the show was the Papaya Salad, it had the perfect amount of heat, fish/oyster sauce, peanuts and the Green Papaya and Carrots were perfect!!! My sister and niece had never had this dish before, but all three of us put this salad away and it was very good.

Next the main dishes, my sister had a yellow curry, my niece the Pad Thai and I had a Duck dish, all of which were generous in their portions, well plated, hot, fresh and the flavors showed care and great technique in cooking. All three were great dishes.

The service was excellent, atmosphere was very nice and I came away very satisfied with the meal and the prices. As such, if you are looking for a great little Thai restaurant a few steps from South Beach, I highly recommend you stop by and enjoy the authentic Thai cuisine...I will definitely be back!!!

1  Thank Swaggger007

Reviewed 3 May 2018

We had two differnt tofu dishes--both excellent, and delivered in promptly. Guillermo, our water, was excellent. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 27 April 2018 via mobile

I loved the spring rolls but was disappointed with the chicken Pad Thai. I added soy sauce but was surprised that they did not ask me how spicy I wanted it. It was brought to the table pretty bland and I was generally disappointed. It is a nice restaurant with tablecloths and good service. Portion size is generous. On street parking only, you will want to walk there from your hotel. You also have a choice between indoor and outdoor seating.

Reviewed 13 April 2018

A nice experience two streets away from the hawkers on ocean drive. Lots of action and festivity on ocean drive but we were aggravated by the persistence of the restaurant hawkers so went two streets inland. Found the atmosphere to be friendly, the food very good, and the prices reasonable for the area. It was kind of cool to use the asian style seating. Food taste and quantity were very high.

Reviewed 10 March 2018 via mobile

We LOVE Thai food and have eaten the cuisine all over the world. Whilst the food was very edible, the Green curry and Penang curry were not traditional Thai flavour. I found it to have more of a Malaysian flavour, particularly the Penang and the Green curry was a little too watery. The Pad Thai did have a lovely traditional flavour and was very good but the other dishes let our experience down.