“Dont miss Friday night Veuve happy hour”

The Forge Restaurant & Steakhouse
Ranked #22 of 1,172 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Price range: US$ 31 - US$ 80
Good for: Business meetings, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Royal Palm Ave & Sheridian Ave
Description: The Forge is one of South Florida's most legendary steakhouses, dating back to 1969. The award-winning restaurant is not your grandfather's steakhouse - although it once was. With its modern décor, ambiance and philosophy, The Forge has undergone a total makeover. The overall design and décor was executed by Francois Frossard. Walls of hand-carved blonde wood and antique mirrors, lilac and white crystal chandeliers and a cascading bubble wall are perfectly interspersed with the historical pieces that adorn the space. The open floor plan of the 6,000-square-foot space allows guests to see and be seen. Don't miss our Tomahawk steak, Truffle Mac & Cheese and Soufflé. Take a tour of our Wine Cellar with eight-rooms devoted to the rarest vintages in the world, and even a secret, luxe private dining room, which seats up to 25 guests. Join us every Friday night for our Happy Hour, featuring $50 bottles of Veuve Clicquot Champagne and a DJ.
Reviewed 11 July 2017

Beautiful bar, great food (1lb lobster baked potato) is both ridiuclous and deliscious. $50 bottles of Veuve for happy hour makes this a fun girls night out spot. Its also usually a good spot to meet people. Only complaint is that the DJ was all over the map musically switcing rapidly between genres that didn't make sense. Made it difficult to get "into the mood"

Shareef M, Owner at The Forge Restaurant & Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2017

Thank you so much for this great review for our Friday night Happy Hour. We are so happy that you enjoyed your evening out with us, especially the 1 Pound Lobster Baked Potato. Our Happy Hour is every Friday night and features $50 bottles of Veuve Clicquot Champagne. Please come back again soon.

Reviewed 10 July 2017

Our Hotel Concierge highly recommended The Forge for its “Classic, historic” qualities as well as excellent service and food.

My son and I were seated at a table at the rear of the restaurant, close to a brightly lit “Dais.”

We were greeted by a warm, friendly, smiling waiter (let’s call him Bruce, name changed to protect the innocent) and were handed menus, and with a wink he proudly stated “Gentlemen…Welcome to The Forge, I’m taking care of you…I got ‘ya.” “Wow, “I thought. We’re special and are going to be well looked after by our guy, Bruce!

Soon after, waitress (let’s call her Tania, name changed to protect the innocent) hurriedly rushed over – Making me wonder - “Where’s Bruce” – “He’s got us….he’s our guy!” – Now feeling less special with the wait staff substitution. Tania suggested we order wine or cocktails, because - “We’re known for our wine and cocktails…” (referring to the thick cocktail and wine list she waved at us). Tania was too rushed to look and notice that my teenage son was clearly not of drinking age. I ordered a Diet Coke with lemon.

The Wedge Salad (standard fare, blue cheese, bacon and tasty tangy mini tomatoes) came relatively quickly. There seemed to be an event in the adjoining room(s) which demanded Tania’s and likely Bruce’s time – This delayed the arrival of the Porterhouse which was bit on the tough/gristly/fatty side.

My Diet Coke was a bit flat…but acceptable. Without asking, two additional Diet Cokes were delivered to me – someone was keeping an eye on the cola level in my tumbler. Interestingly, the third beverage was delivered moments before the check – long after my hydrational needs had been amply quenched.

Upon inspection of the check, I was charged $18.00 for THREE Diet Cokes! How rude…Never did I ask for the second or third beverage, and I was now charged for all three! When I pointed this out to Tania, she did apologize for the “confusion.” Twelve dollars were removed from the updated check.

Be prepared (“Forced”) to have a 20% gratuity added to your check…so, mediocre or any lesser quality service will automatically be recognized as excellent. Such forced compliance on the restaurant patron certainly limits any expression of the perceived level of service. It truly harkened back to a time in my childhood when my nursery school teacher demanded that I keep my crayon coloring “inside the lines!” Such creativity stifling is bad for the soul.

Adding to the “Forced at the Forge” nickel and diming going on here, your Valet Parking Staff member will ask for an additional $10 Valet Parking Charge (above and beyond your intended gratuity) for the privilege driving to your Forge experience – the final slap in the face upon your departure, kind of like sour regurgitation after a rich meal. As I pondered the Valet’s demand with disbelief, all I could utter is, “If I knew of this additional parking fee, I would have skipped the creamed mushroom side dish!”

4  Thank Rankpos87

Thank you so much for this commentary. While we are sad to hear of the mishaps of your evening, kudos for writing it in such an entertaining fashion. But seriously: Firstly, please accept our apologies that your night was not perfect. To clear up a few things: 1) Our servers work in teams, which is standard in fine dining establishments. This is why you were visited by multiple servers. 2) We do encourage our patrons to peruse our wine and cocktail list as we are known for our extensive wine cellar (one of the best in the country). 3) We are surprised to hear that your porterhouse was not up to par. We are so sorry. We take great pride in our steaks and are so sad to hear that your meat was not perfectly prepared. 4) Regarding the refills of your Diet Coke, once again, we do apologize that these were brought without your permission. We are so happy your server was able to remove those charges for you. 5) Valet parking is not mandatory. In fact, the neighborhood we are located in has plenty of metered parking available.

Thank you for your feedback as it helps us to improve. We truly appreciate you taking the time to let us know of your experience. Best wishes to you!

Reviewed 5 July 2017

The Forge restaurant on Miami Beach hits all the marks when it comes to fine dinning. Excellent service, an amazing staff, lighting set just right, and of course outstanding food and drink. The vibe omitted is inviting and luxurious. The Forge is a multiple visit location for me and I highly recommend it to those on vacation in Miami and locals. on a side note, I am a man who downs glasses of water like it's my profession, the staff never left me with a empty glass of water. Top notch.

Shareef M, Owner at The Forge Restaurant & Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2017

Thank you so much for this thorough review and your continued support. We truly appreciate it! Not only are we happy to hear that our staff kept you well hydrated, but we are thrilled that you enjoyed our service, ambiance, food and drinks. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Thank you.

Reviewed 5 July 2017 via mobile

We had an amazing time at the Forge! Appetizers and dinner were delicious! Everyone there is so very gracious. We were offered a tour....WOW! We had NO IDEA about the history of this restaurant. I dont want to spoil it with details, but its a MUST if you are fortunate enough to dine here! Sommelier is passionate about his position at the Forge...awesome experience!

Happy Anniversary! Thank you for celebrating with us at The Forge. We are so happy that you enjoyed the tour of the restaurant and wine cellar. We aim to please! We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 5 July 2017

The service was excellent from the moment we entered the restaurant. The meal was hot went came to our table and our server Megan was outstanding. She was very attentive and checked on us a number of times.

It was my Wife's Birthday and Dean Frost Knowledge of The Forge made our experience even more memorable. We would recommend this restaurant to family and friends.

Thank you for choosing The Forge to celebrate your wife's birthday! We are so happy to hear that the service was excellent, from beginning to end. Please come back again soon. Thank you.