“Delicious French Food in Nightclub setting”
Review of Rouge

Rouge
Reserve with OpenTable
Rouge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #467 of 1,226 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Price range: US$ 30 - US$ 30
Cuisines: French, Mediterranean, Moroccan, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: East Bay Dr.
Description: Rouge Cine Cafe prouds itself to Served The best traditional Moroccan and French Cuisine in Town in the most romantic and Warm atmosphere you could possibly imagine while screening in the back ground old silent movies for your enjoyment. As If this wasn't enough, discover the Rouge Garden, an Outdoor space design to literately transport you anywhere in the Mediterranean Riviera, from St Tropez to Marrakesh. we invite you to come and experience our flavorful dishes, From the Escargot Bourgogne to The world Famous "Bouillabaisse", from the Harira Soup to The Traditional Tagines.
Reviewed 2 March 2017

Besides the very experienced staff and chief I find this place an unusual oasis in the North Shore/ Normandy Neighborhood. The cuisine is prepared with a French regional prowess that will impress experienced dinners. The lamb soup was unusual and delicious. The wild boar was exquisite as was the plating. The duck appetizer and chocolate soufle were superb. I have been to this restaurant a few times and am always impressed with the chef's creativity. We loved the torch singer and jazz quartet that played that evening.

Reviewed 24 February 2017 via mobile

Had a very unpleasant time and would never return or recommend. My wife and I had late lunch at Rouge, and although we were the only two people eating there at that time, we still had horrible food and service. We ordered a cheese soufflé for appetizer that tasted like eggs mixed with cheese and butter that were heated in the microwave - it was very dry. Then we had our entrees. My wife ordered an ribeye steak that came so rare that she could barely cut through. I had to take the plate back myself, as my server was nowhere to be found, to ask for the food to be reheated. I ordered a deer that was ok, but overpriced for the small piece served. Again, when we finished eating, the server was nowhere near and didnt return to the table. We waited for more than 15 minutes when we decided to walk ourselves to the cashier to pay for the check and leave. When I received the check, there was a service fee already included but with no specifications of the percentage of it. When I questioned, they told me it was 20% and that I was obligated to pay for it "as stated in the menu." In the menu it was written that a "mandatory service fee" would be included but had no values/percentages on it. Again, they continued to give me an attitude, and had not a bit of professionalism. Would never return pr recommend!!!

2  Thank Camila G
Reviewed 19 February 2017 via mobile

If the weather happens to be nice, I highly recommend checking out the backyard. If you are missing the European vibe, you will definitely get it from there. I was able to finally get a three course meal at this restaurant because the portion here are quite small.

This restaurant is expensive, and no matter the people you have in your party, you will be charged a tip, no matter what.

Service was both friendly and prompt. I highly recommended the risotto though,it was delicious. I had the fish, which was perfectly deboned and nicely flavored with the crab/mushroom sauce on the side. The apple tart had a nice and perfectly flaky crust.

This restaurant will be a special occasion place for us, and that is due to the cost, so enjoy while you can.

Reviewed 15 February 2017

Let me first preface this review with the fact that it was Valentines, bad traffic and a Tuesday night so therefore people late for their reservations. All this clearly would impact seating and service.

Very laid back, cozy atmosphere. Indoor live easy going Jazz, outdoor separate patio with smooth music. Both area’s offered their own romantic but different feel. Indoors felt like a small jazz restaurant, warm and rich. Outdoor more rustic , with a feel of being in a European French country restaurant patio. The vines/garden on patio a little wild but actually seemed appropriate and tables and chairs like those you’d see in a street patio in Paris.

Service seemed disorganized, but because so friendly and given my first statement, I haven’t let if affect the rating much.

Though a fixed price menu that night, selections were well chosen and excellent. Can’t really comment on normal prices as it was a special menu fixed price, but though it wasn’t cheap that night, food was well worth it.

My gut feeling says that someone who places a lot of emphasis on first rate service, might find them lacking, but those who are less concerned and want to enjoy a long, relaxing meal served by friendly staff in a warm and romantic atmosphere would be pleased.

1  Thank tripopinonsw
Reviewed 27 January 2017 via mobile

Food is ok, very tasty but definitely not worth the price. More expensive than Paris. $30 for an entree and $16 for an appetizer, service doesn't match the prices, they didn't even notice us at the door for a few minutes and the lady owner cómes to take the order 10 minutes later, bottle of cheap Rose $39 the cheapest on the menu. $220 dinner for 3 is way overpriced and they add service charge 20% automatically that's shady.

1  Thank rafaelantonio
Nabil A, Owner at Rouge, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Thank you Rafael for Joining us and taking the time to share your experience.