“Nice and New!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #20 of 206 Hotels in Miami Beach
Rome, Italy
“Nice and New!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2012

Friendly staff will welcome you starting from the entrance! Rooms are new with design bathrooms and turquoise colors all around. Beach views in some of the rooms even if the Hotel is not directly on the Ocean drive, but it is only one minute walking. We did not have the chance to try the restaurant but the breakfast was nice at swimming pool on the roof. We recommend it for Miami's beach and shopping lovers.

Room Tip: ask the ones with beach views if they are available
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Travelscore
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (300)
Midlothian, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

The room looked brand new! It was very large with a beautiful bathroom with a very cool shower. The decor was very pleasing and contemporary. The room overlooked 8th avenue and was surprisinf quiet! The staff was nice and very helpful especially Richard who always greeted us with a smile and took care of every request in a timely fashion.
The Hotel on the Ocean side is above the News Cafe restaurant which has one of the best breakfasts in SoBe, it was one of Gianni Versace's favorite places to have breakfast. The Plain yogurt with granola and fruit was delicious! Their signature eggs Benedict is also yummy.
Everything is within walking distance from The Hotel. The only thing I miss is- Wish Restaurant-it was one of my favorites they closed it for some reason. But the awesome rooftop pool and bar (which serves food) is still alive a well with one of the best ocean views available!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
Deltebre, Spain
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

When we checked into this hotel, I asked to confirm the rate. They confirmed the rate for that night. What they never told me was that the rate would go up by about $100.00 per night as we approached the weekend. The rooms were beautiful, and exceeded my expectations.

During our first night our AC wasn't working at all. When I called down to the front desk at about 2am, they said they could not fix it and that I could change rooms if I wanted. As my wife was asleep, I declined their offer and suffered the 88' heat. The next night I was looking forward to catching up on my sleep. At about 4am our phone started ringing with a wake up call I never asked for. The phone continued to ring several times. I was told by the front desk that the automatic dialler was acting up. So I pulled all the phone cords out of the wall.

The next day the manager contacted me and offer us a continental breakfast in exchange for two nights of poor sleep. I told him he could keep his muffin.

The next day the staff informed me that the ocean view room was no longer available, ( I paid extra to upgrade upon arrival) and that we needed to be moved to another room.
The room was again beautiful and exceeded my expectations. Until I tried to get to sleep. We stayed in room # 229, right next to the linen room that apparently operates regularly 24hours a day. The crashing and banging in the closet punctuated by the door slamming every 20 minutes made for day three of a crappy sleep. At pool side I spoke with a guy in the room right above me that was experiencing the same linen closet serenade.

What they don't tell you is that part of the hotel is old, and part is new. We got lucky and were put in the newer building closer to the beach. So when we wanted to go to the pool, you have to walk out the front door, around the corner and down the street back into the old building where to pool is located. (enjoy the STRONG smell of raw sewage as you walk down the sidewalk between buildings...

Overall this Hotel has great potential.
The pool area is dirty, the sound system was only half working and some speakers broken. The music they played was like a 1986 breakdance type music. It was horrible...The pool staff were good sometimes, and then lousy others. Very inconsistent.

Some of the hotel staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful, and one younger man ( I was told he was a new employee) was rude, arrogant and very unprofessional to the point of being confrontational. I later had other staff apologize after hearing him speak to me....The hotel is in a great location and close to everything. The Hotel is very noisy, crashing doors, noisy staff, and room 225 has a 24hr bar underneath of it that they don't tell you about until you ask why its so noisy.

Stay on the top floor in the new building, and plug your nose when you walk to the pool.

Room Tip: Stay on the top floor, but not room 329 next to the linen closet
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2012

We stayed Thursday - Saturday in early January on our way back from the DR in one of the ocean front rooms. I don't remember our room number but it was on the second floor directly on the corner of 8th and Ocean. The room was great! Roomy and spotless. We were treated to champagne and a fresh fruit plate on arrival. The staff was very welcoming. They did mention that it gets loud at night and earplugs are available. We didn't have a problem with the noise. The balcony is a little odd - you can't really see anything when seated, but if you stand, it's perfect for people watching. The only thing we didn't like is that the bed is on a platform that is hidden by the comforter. We both whacked our legs on the hidden edge that juts out.

Room Tip: Stay in the newer section on Ocean.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
ark va
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2012

great hotel, one block from Ocean Blvd and in the middle of the Collins Blvd shopping area. Nice (but small) clean room. WONDERFUL STAFF! always smiling and willing to help. Really good restraunt, Great patio for eating or a libation, very private, surronded by plants. Great value for the area.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple