“Great, convenient location, excellent service”
Review of Sagamore

Sagamore
Ranked #81 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed 23 May 2017

Our party of 4 recently stayed at the Sagamore Hotel. Overall the customer service was very good. The cleanliness of the rooms were good, found some hair in our shower, and stains on the carpet. Otherwise, the beds were very comfy. The pool was a great temperature: not too cold, but also not overly warm for a hot summer day. Also, the beach access was in fact a great feature to this hotel! It only takes a minute to walk from the pool out to the beach. 2 lawn chairs and towels for each guest was given down at the beach. Also for additional charges you could rent an umbrella (for $19) or extra chairs for $13USD. Cabanas or large 2-3 person chairs for +$100USD. Staff was very helpful in getting us the dish wear needed to prepare our own breakfasts and lunches. The closest full grocery store we found was Publix, about a 20 minute walk.

Room Tip: Suite was nice to make our own food; must ask for bake wear, plates and utensils.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 17 May 2017

First off, I'm not a critical customer, and have never written a negative review for a business. I would have overlooked most of the items I mention below, but was truly disgusted when the valets significantly damaged my brand new BMW M3 and claimed zero responsibility. The valet intentionally obscured the damage when he pulled it around by parking close to bushes to hide it. Apparently the goal was for me not to notice and drive off the lot, which I did. I discovered the damage the next time I stopped and parked, and called the Sagamore immediately, then drove back to the hotel. Of course, because I drove off the lot, they denied everything and claimed I must have done it, which the valet who damaged it knows is nonsense. I wonder why it took 40 minutes to bring my car around… The assistant manager James did a song and dance about doing his best to help me, and promised to call me the following Thursday to follow up. No surprise, I never heard from James, he never returned my calls, and I ended up having to pay for the damage. I gave him every opportunity to do the right thing, but he offered nothing once I was gone, not even a refund of the overpriced $42/day fee to valet. Please do not valet your car if you decide to stay at the Sagamore.

Regarding customer service, the standard is "do as little as possible, as long as the customer pays." We were 4 people in our suite - when we called the front desk for 4 clean towels, we were brought 2 and had to call again. When we asked for more shampoo, we got one, and had to ask for more. There were no sheets/blankets for the pull-out bed, so when we called we were told "there are a few people ahead of you, so we'll get there when we can" - and we eventually received a rough blanket and a pillow. I've never stayed in a hotel where I had to call the front desk so many times for basic items that are standard in every other decent hotel.

Regarding the room, it was quite spacious and clean, but clearly older and in need of some upgrades. The handle in the shower was loose and fell off every time anyone took a shower. The AC had 2 settings - either freezing or hot.

Regarding the pool, we passed on using it because it was murky with a greasy slick on the surface - just gross.

There are many hotel options in Miami, so no need to waste a visit staying here.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank Sailfish18
Reviewed 17 May 2017 via mobile

We wanted a real vacation where we would not have to drive. The location was amazing! Right in the center of South Beach. Great restaurants and shops were right there.
The rooms were very large, hotel has a cool art vibe, and staff was particularly friendly.

Food was well prepared, and good quality all around. Overall a great time.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 May 2017 via mobile

This hotel is in the centre of Miami beach, which is great, it is at the beach as well. Offers vallet parking, use of pool, small gym and beach beds. On top of room prices extra of $25 is charged as resort fees. A lot of art is exhibited on the hotel, which is nice, however seems like all money is spend on it. The hotel needs maintenance, rooms were not clean enough and we had to wait for half an hour for our room after 16:00 hours before the room was ready.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 April 2017 via mobile

Having stayed at the Sagamore twice previously, we found this latest trip to be a disappointment. The ocean bungalow room was tired and in disrepair - scuffed walls, chipped cupboards, handles falling off many of the faucets. Also, despite paying a daily resort fee, we were only given 2 beach chairs per day. We had 4 people in our room, so we had to pay $13 for each additional chair. Not sure if that is also the case at the pool. The pool was constantly crowded and filled with loud children so it was not appealing. The people who worked there were all very kind and accommodating; however, there never seemed to be enough of them.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family