“sagamore”
Review of Sagamore

Sagamore
Ranked #87 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed 9 January 2013

The staff in the Sagamore were great. Nothing was too much trouble. We asked for a desk as my son was studying for exams and one was brought immediately. Stayed at Leows last year but preferred the more boutique feel of the Sagamore. Gregory at the pool area looked after us so well. Lincoln Road, restaurants and nightlife just nearby but the Sagamore remains a quiet and peaceful place to retreat to. My only problem was that I had trouible accessing the lift and my room on occasion because the keycards didn't work well.

Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank marilyn m
JamesDagostino, Guest Relations Manager at Sagamore, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2013

Marilyn M,

Thanks for sharing your feedback from your stay here at Sagamore. We are very happy to hear that our staff was able to go above and beyond to accomodate your requests.

We certainly always try to go the extra mile and im happy to hear you got to see that first hand. I apologize about the issue you had in regards tothe elevator, however I would like to let you know that we have since corrected this problem by changing the key reader in the elevator.

We would like to thank you again for choosing Sagamore and hope to see you again on your next visit to South Beach!

Best, Regards,

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 7 January 2013

Great location, GREAT STAFF, good rooms and good prices, GREAT BEACH for Florida. Plenty to do in area. Clean and pleasant environment. We are a beach family so not an issue but pool area is small. Only other issue was breakfast was very redundant -- all else about hotel was great...execially staff!!!

Room Tip: Suites are worth the extra $

David S H,

Thanks for taking a moment to share your review of Sagamore. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay here with us.

Our location is definetly second to none when it comes to South Beach, as we are surrounded by some of the best dining options and shopping around.

We hope that you will continue to choose Sagamore when traveling to Miami and we thank you again for choosing Sagamore!

Reviewed 6 January 2013

I have been at the Sagamore for four days at the end of December; a non pleasant experience overall. Despite his rocketing price, the hotel is nothing special. We booked one studio and two suites. The studio was so disappointing, small, with a kitchen just in front of the bed, that we asked for an upgrade. The suites were better but in one of them (where three teenagers should sleep) there was a table which had definitely seen better times and we had to ask for an extra mattress for the sofa-bed because it was unconfortable. The breakfast (served in a dining room which remind of a surgery) was nothing special and costed nearly 30 dollars each. They boasted a room service open 24 hours but when we asked for a sandwich at 8pm they said they did not have anything apart from frozen bread. The service was slow, the concierge not very efficient. The chairs on their private beach were not included in the rate and charged separately (10 dollars each). Despite the contemporary art displayed in the lobby, the rest was definitely not value for money.

Room Tip: Choose only the suites.
3  Thank danielaw4

Danielaw4

We appreciate your feedback after your stay with us here in December. We apologize if your experience here with us fell below your expectations.

We take great pride in delivering a great product to all of our customers but it appears as there were a few areas in your stay here which we may have dropped the ball. In regards to the 24 hour room service, that is certainly something that we offer and apologize in regards to the miscommunication you had as 8 pm is normal dinner service and there are many menu items available.

Our breakfast buffet can be a great value, as the Sagamore plan offers breakfast, wireless internet, and a beach chair per person for only $18.00 per day total. I apologize if this was not offered to you at check in, as it seems you purchased these services separately. Unlike many hotels on the beach, we do not charge a resort fee, which is usually equal or more than the price of one beach chair. Instead, we created the Sagamore Plan as it can let our guests choose which services they want and essentially not have to pay for something that they are not using.

We again apologize for your experience and I would like to let you now to please feel free to contact me directly to further discuss your stay in detail. I have provided my information below for your convienence. I look forward to the opportunity to speak with you directly.

Reviewed 4 January 2013

I just returned from 8 nights at The Sagamore and I must say that this hotel has one of the nicest teams of people I have met. Even before arriving, Sandy in reservations couldn't have been more helpful. From the moment you arrive, you are greeted with a welcoming, accommodating warmth from the staff (thank you Dwight!). This was the first time traveling as a family of 3 (ages 6,4 and 6 months) , and I must say the team at The Sagamore made our visit so enjoyable. This hotel is serenity in the middle of busy South Beach and it is located in one of the best areas of South Beach (just steps from Lincoln Road) We stayed in a Bungalow and the room was wonderful with upstairs and downstairs balconies. We spent nearly everyday at the pool and must say the hotel has one of the best pools for families with younger kids as it is manageable in size and depth. The service at the pool was great and I want to thank Steve for taking care of us each day. The food at the pool was solid and I probably had the Ahi Tuna over salad everyday. Delicious! This is the first time I have written on Trip Advisor and my experience was so positive that I was compelled to do so. I cannot wait to return to The Sagamore with my family. They sincerely care about their guests and I could not say enough nice things about them!

1  Thank Steven L
JamesDagostino, Guest Relations Manager at Sagamore, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2013

Steven L,

Thanks for the terrific 5 star review after your recent stay. We are very happy to hear that your stay with us was so memorable. It sounds like there were many members of our team that stood out to you and did their part to make your stay even more special.

We understand how difficult it can be traveling with a family of small children so we are extremely happy that we were able to ease in this process.

We thank you again for choosing Sagamore and look forward to welcoming you back here many times in the future.

Reviewed 2 January 2013

We recently stopped at the Sagamore in December prior to our cruise, and found it the ideally base for enjoying the Miami Beach area. This hotels ticks the boxes on the following fronts, The rooms - great size of room and in room facilities for the price. Location - just off the main ocean drive area so quieter and not too far to walk, also close to plenty of excellent restaurants and some of the high end hotels which are great for some of the cooler bars. Calm and relaxing atmosphere - as its not a destination hotel or on ocean drive, it is a lot quieter, great to chill after a big night out, and also has a nice pool area as well as access to the beach. Finally great staff - the staff are all very friendly and attentive, without being too intrusive - Micky on the pool bar area and Edgar on concierge of particular note.

In summary I feel the hotel offers a great package for the price.

Room Tip: All rooms are of a very generous size, and have a kitchenette area and large seating area, ideal fro...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends

Pwillsy,

Thanks for the recent review after your pre-cruise stay with us. We are happy to hear that you had a good stay here with us.

Our location and room size are definitely one of our strong features as it is rare to find such a large spacious room in south beach for the price. Our location is certainly second to none as we truly are in the heart of south beach, surrounded by the best restaurants and nightlife Miami has to offer.

I will make sure I share your great comments with Mickey and the rest of the staff here at Sagamore. We hope you will return in the future for a longer stay so that you may have an even better time with us here at Sagamore.