“It is what it is”

Ranked #197 of 208 Hotels in Miami Beach
seattle
“It is what it is”
Reviewed 10 January 2012

We stayed at the venezia for 3 days in September 2011. Be aware that if you have a rental car all of the parking in the area is metered(but free from 6pm to 8am and $1 an hour for those that you pay). The hotel wasn't much more than a place to sleep and the travelers pictures posted here are pretty much accurate. I didn't expect much as far as beds and bathrooms for what we paid....just a place to sleep and wash. My major issue with our stay was the absolutely horrible attitude that the front desk girl had(the one that works the night shift). There seemed to be a bit of a language barrier with the lady that worked days but a smile is the same no matter what you speak and she was great. They asked to keep a copy of our drivers license and credit card at the desk and when we checked out I wanted my copy back and initially was given another guests information. I found that alarming...

On a couple of occasions we saw the housekeepers in action. They were cleaning rooms that people had checked out of and I have to say, those ladies were doing the best with what they had.

For the price I would say it could have been worse, if you're concerned...ask for new sheets and towels, they will give them to you. Aside from that, enjoy the weather instead of your room

Room Tip: at this place I think one room is about the same as the next
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Sterling, Virginia, United States
Reviewed 18 December 2011

Beds were almost falling apart, dirty walls, poor breakfast, no parking lot, no towels in the room when we got there, there were couple good things, price and friendly personnel. I thought about sleeping wearing my clothes< dint want to touch those sheets.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Salvador N

Travellers are raving about these Miami Beach hotels

Reviewed 6 December 2011

When you arrive that try to scam you out of two dollars per night for the rental of a small safe in the room. They claim it is obligatory but after a lot of hassling they will pull out a form for you to sign to opt out at your own risk. After you check in and walk through the hallways to your room you wonder if opting out was the right thing to do. All the doors to all the rooms have signs of break-in attempts around the lock area. Inside the room the blinds look like found in the trash, no remote controll for the tv. No blanket, unfinished tiling in bathroom, and the water pressure in the shower is nearly nonexistent. If you complain at the desk they look at you with acontempt, like they wonder how you have the austerity to find a wrong in their establishment. Oh and the elevator was out and the stairs under repair at the same time. On the plus side, the restaurant in the Marriott hotel accross the street serves excelent food.

• Stayed December 2011
2 Thank dehunze
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed 22 November 2011

I read some of the reviews on here, and I booked this hotel despite the overwhelming reviews of it being terrible. I went with two friends, we got a room with three double beds, which made sleeping arrangements pretty nice (more expensive hotels sometimes only have two doubles and a pullout if lucky). We showed up at 12:30, and the 3:00 check-in time is strictly enforced. We would be allowed to check in early with a $30+tax charge. However, their website stated they would hold baggage for those arriving early, and when I told the lady at the desk we would just store them and use that $30 to go get lunch, she told me they didn't store bags. I mentioned the website saying they did, and she had no idea what i was talking about, saying "what website?". I literally had to bring it up on my phone and show her the hotel website and where it said that. Exasperated, she said ok, but then said she had no room. Their 'storage' is a corner of floor space behind the front counter, and it was already full of the bags of some people who had done exactly what I was trying to do. I asked her to let us check in early for free then, and again, we got a no, and had to pile our luggage behind the desk. She didn't look pleased.
The hotel was under renovations, and construction at 8am made it unecessary to have a wake-up call, which worked out well as we had no phone in the room. or curtains. or water pressure. or a properly flushing toilet. And whoever installed the toilet drain must have disregarded the recommended 16-18" distance to the side wall, as it was impossible to sit directly on the toilet because it was so close to the wall. Instead, when handing #2 business, it was necessary to sit almost sideways, which though amusing at first, quickly became annoying.
Breakfast is served from 7:30-9am, and it is exactly what you would expect in this type of place. Coffee, orange juice, milk, and coffee. Choice of either raisin bran or fruit loops. Bagels, and hostess-type cinnamon rolls. Not extravagant, but coffee and a bagel after a night in south beach is amazingly refreshing. and with how much everything costs down there, free anything is good.
We had a 20" t.v. in our room with about 25 channels (who's in miami beach to watch t.v.? anyway?) , but we did have a decent sized dorm-style refrigerator. The liquor store on the same block as the hotel sold water, juice, ice, and of course the necessary beer and vodka
:-) ...... (*sidenote, the hotel has NO ice machine, but the freezer in the fridge is big enough to hold the five pound bag you get from the liquor store). The hotel does offer wi-fi, but only in the lobby. However, from my room *201 i was able to pick up a signal off of a neighboring hotel. Housekeeping did vacuum the sand from the floor and give us fresh towels, but in the five days there, our sheets weren't changed. So, my bed always smelled like stale booze and suntan lotion, which I thought just added to tbe ambience of the place :-) It helped me acheive the fear and loathing las vegas trip atmosphere I was going for. Theres not a lot of cheap places to eat in miami beach, but just around the corner on the boardwalk was a carabbas that had $12 mahi-mahi tacos for lunch and 2-4-1 happy hour from 4-7pm.
Bottom line, it was cheap, literally two minutes from the beach, and a $5 cab ride from anywhere in Miami Beach people might want to go, if they were too lazy or inebriated to walk. It took a half hour of walking at a slow pace and looking in windows to make it all the way to the pointe park on the south end. There's a bus stop three blocks up on 43rd and Indian that will get you anywhere you want to go, and the $2 bus ride back to the airport was a lot better than the $40 it took to get to the hotel in the cab when we first got there.
If you are headed down with a couple friends from Buffalo for a five day bender like I did, this is the place, because it sets the mood for the trip. After our first night killing a bottle of absinthe and staying out until 6am (by the way, hit up macs deuce bar on 14th, 2-4-1 drinks from 8am until 7pm, named by Playboy as one of the top 20 bars in america, and trust me, it belongs on that list.....probably the only 'dive' bar in all of south beach) it was refreshing to walk barefoot from the beach, feet covered in sand, memories a little hazy, back to our flophouse. If, on the other hand, your trip is romantic in nature go to a hotel like fontainbleau or the W, or.....if it is a family trip go to the marriot or days inn in the same neighborhood...although, I dont think this is the type of place I would bring my family to for vacation. There's Orlando for that.

Room Tip: If it's on the east side, the sun will be shining directly in your face in the morning (they hav...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank Rob M
Vlašim
Reviewed 19 October 2011

Do you want to stay here?? please no!!!! it is the worst "hotel" I have ever seen. Only one think is good - the price, but that is all.

Room Tip: everythink is gooing to be horrible
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled with family