“Great Location”

Ranked #50 of 207 Hotels in Miami Beach
Jamison
“Great Location”
Reviewed 26 April 2012

This hotel was at a great location away from all the noise of Ocean Drive, but close enough to walk to everything. The beach was beautiful, and we were provided with beach chairs and an umbrella. The staff was really friendly and helpful. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: We did not have a balcony on our room, but would request one the next time.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
TheSavoyHotelCares, General Manager at The Savoy Hotel, responded to this review, 30 April 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I will pass on your comments about the staff. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon!

Gary Hyre

General Manager, The Savoy Hotel
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (389)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 25 April 2012 via mobile

Best in the world I love it you should come. And hase the best manager and best services.

• Stayed April 2012
Long Island, NY
Reviewed 25 April 2012

I would preface this review by saying that if you are in the market for crystal chandeliers and marble, this hotel does not fall into that category. With that said, nearly everything else about the Savoy lends itself to a wonderful stay.
I had called in advance to say that a room with a view and balcony was very important to us.
Upon check-in at the front desk, the gentleman I had spoken to, Imer, was there, remembered me, and delivered as promised. We were given a spacious room on the third floor of the North building, which had not just one, but 3 balconies! Two balconies provided lovely views of the pool area, and the third balcony faced the ocean. I must say that the ocean view was almost entirely obstructed by a large palm tree, but still was a good place to sit at the end of the day to experience the nice breeze. I imagine that this same location on the 2nd floor would have been ideal- below the tree's canopy with a perfect vista.
The sitting area was ample, with its own flat screen tv and couch. Equally utilitarian was the kitchenette, which we stocked with beverages, snacks and even some alcohol. (There is a Walgreen's around the corner, a 2 minute walk, which had absolutely everything you could possibly need.)
My only complaint about the room was that the only mirror was the one in the bathroom. It was above the pedestal sink (so not full-length), which made it lovely, but inaccessible when I was getting dressed and my husband was showering. I did find this to be an inconvenience.
Regarding the service- everyone we encountered was wonderful! Rocky and Gisella were the staff on hand to deliver food and drinks both by the pool and down to the beach. They were always smiling and ,even at their busiest, were willing to chat for an extra minute. It seemed like they truly enjoy their jobs and really wanted to make the guests happy.
I needed to call the front desk a couple of times with a request for something, and each time housekeeping (or the appropriate party) was at my room within minutes to respond courteously.
Both the pool area and the beach were terrific. There was no isssue with buildings shading you from the sun; it seemed like the most avid sunbather could find a spot at any time of the day. The beach is steps away from the pool area, and guests are entitled to a daily lounge chair and umbrella which were set up ahead of time (and more were available if they were not).
Location- fantastic! Not in the heart of the hustle bustle of Ocean Drive, but a simple walk would get you there if you sought it out. My husband and I walked there nightly to take in the sights and for a dinner or two. A suggestion for meals would be to eat on Ocean Drive once (for the experience- not the food) and then find less touristy restaurants elsewhere. Espanola Way is a fun locale with many choices.
So, in synopsis, I would say that the Savoy is a peaceful haven in South Beach with a great location,and warm, accommodating service. We would definitely return.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
6 Thank sherichd
Los Angeles
Reviewed 24 April 2012

The Good: Location is truly on the sand with private beach access; nice pool and sun deck.

The Bad: Rooms are outdated; no King beds, only old Queens with a newer pillow top to pretend they're not as old... our bed actually sunk in the middle! =(

Food: Limited options; I had breakfast in their restaurant once and was terrible. First they mixed up my order. Then brought me the worst ham and cheese omelet ever (Seriously, how bad do you need to be to ruin a simple ham and cheese omelet?) The cheese wasn't even melted, the ham was cut in big pieces and served cold... Oh, and their toast was dry and old. The only decent thing was their coffee.

Room Tip: I'm going to guess that the rooms with pool/ocean views are better - but not sure they can be de...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank urbanchica
TheSavoyHotelCares, General Manager at The Savoy Hotel, responded to this review, 25 April 2012
Dear Guest,

Let me begin by apologizing for the problems you encountered during your recent stay with us. These are not the standards that we work hard to achieve at The Savoy and please know that we appreciate your feedback. I have sent you a message asking you to contact me directly so that we can get a little more information and that we can solve this to your satisfaction.

Gary Hyre, GM, The Savoy Hotel
Oakville, Canada
Reviewed 23 April 2012

This hotel was perfect. The Hotel is not a five star but it was good enough for me to return for another visit! The location of the hotel was great. It is at a quieter area of the beach and if you want some madness just walk a little bit and you will fiind it. The staff was great. Tony and rocky were superb.There was another young lady who served us drinks on the beach, I am not sure of her name but she was very nice as well. The cleaning people do a great job and are very friendly. Mary at the front desk was so helpful and very nice. She recommended restaurants to us and also made our reservations. She knows her restaurants. Great place overall and I would recommend this hotel to my friends or family!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank joe5897
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon!

Gary Hyre