“More to come”

Miami Beach Resort and Spa
Ranked #127 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Checked in for a conference late on a Sunday evening. The motor court staff was friendly though not on top of their game. Three people handled my luggage before it was placed on a cart at the front desk. The luggage, along with a lcd projector were left on the cart while I was checking in. The front desk staff was friendly, There were a number of resort and early departure fees that they emphatically reviewed with me. The luggage was brought to the room after a brief delay. The room was clean but dated, the bed and linens contemporary and comfortable. The room smells a bit the way older oceanfront hotels in florida smell. the only real negative was the beat up meeting room chair used as the desk chair. Dinner in the bar at 10:00pm was an experience. The bartender ambled over to my small banquette handed me a menu, and mumbled "do you know what you want". I asaked a few questions and received very unenthusiastic responses. She brought my drink promptly but did not bring the nut mix that she subsequently brought to other tables. I was surprised at the indifferent servie and resolved to give a low (10%) tip. After waiting an eternity for the check, including a near miss when she came over to stare at a table that was not ordering anything, I went to the bar and asked the manager for my check. When it came, the scales fell from my eyes: they include a standard 18% gratuity on every check, and give you ample room to add extra gratuity. Ha! Here for 3 days so will see how it goes.

Room Tip: oceanfront always best
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank JaxJoe
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 22 April 2012

We liked the location directly in front of the beach. The staff was very friendly and helpfully. The room was comfortable, we only missed the safety box. We had view over the beach and the river.
Sure we will be back

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 April 2012

I stayed at this hotel in February, for one week. I had the worst experience in my entire life. To sum it up, during my stay I had some packages shipped to me at the hotel. I've done this several times in my past trips and never had a problem. Everyday, at the front desk, I asked if any packages had arrived, and they continuously told me there weren't any. Until the moment I said I had a tracking number and also the name of the person who had received it. Then, miraculously, the package appeared. OK. I had other packages still lost. It was the last day of my trip, I repeated the same thing I had done the whole trip: went to the front desk and tried to rescue the parcels that were meant to be delivered to me without all of this effort and waste of time. It is a convenience the hotel has to provide and has to have a organization. Also because I was charged fees for that. Result: I left Miami, they had received 3 packages during my stay and didn't deliver to me while I was at the hotel), and, received 2 more packages while I wasn't there anymore (it is known that it has to be refused). Reading the reviews here I can say I was robbed in a different way. This is absurd. I can't pay for their lack of organization, but that's what I did. After getting back to my country, I had to pay for international calls, exchange mutiple emails with a concierge who didn't want to send the packages to me. Lastly, I paid $350 of shipping to have it sent to me when they finally gave up and agreed. But of course, they didn't send me one of the things. Couldn't expect anything different from them. I don't and will never recommend this place for anyone.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank PatriciaBGA
Reviewed 20 April 2012

Pros:
Loved the location. Stayed in a junior suite with absolutely stunning views of the beach and ocean. Pool area is nice. Beach access is right in front of the hotel. Hotel has a lot of character but not necessarily in a bad way. Just not overly modern and there are areas (such as the elevators) that really need updating.

Cons:
The service in the restaurants is extremely slow. It took literally 15 minutes to get a drink when you walked up to the poolside bar. There were no lines. Then if you wanted to pay for your drink it took another 10 minutes. Have never experienced such slow service before ever!

We had dinner in the restaurant and for 4 adults paid $180US. One of the adults only ordered a soup. Overpriced and the food was not great at all. 18% tip for the server who was slow. The hotel seriously needs to look at their staffing issues in the restaurant and bars.

So overall, if you are willing to look past the service issue in restaurant and bars, this hotel was indeed a good choice otherwise.

Room Tip: Room 1701 is huge and incredible views
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank trinigrl
Reviewed 18 April 2012

Stayed at this hotel numerous times and with each return I reconfirm why I like it here. The staff is helpful friendly and cheerful. Full service beach and convenient to all. Each time I come back there are new improvements and amenities. Looking forward to next time

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple