All reviewslincoln roadgreat locationpetite roomsouth beachocean drivetwo blocksconvention centerthe penthouseshopping and restaurantsnice pooldecent hotelhotel barvalet servicelate checkart decomaximocvs
Reviewed 25 August 2017 via mobile

This isn't a cheap hotel if include 35 a day parking they charge, so you would expect a nice night sleep, noisy and slamming doors all night staff didn't really care when told. Call down 15 mins before you want to leave and the car will be ready 45 mins on 2 occasions isn't really acceptable.
Rated 3.5 stars more like 2 at best! This hotel only got the rating I give it because of its great location that is all.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank m2tt22
Reviewed 20 August 2017

This hotel couldn't be better located! We got the 150 Miami Beach Airport Express Bus to the hotel which costs $2.25, YES $2.25 p/p get off at 17th Street and walk around the corner to James Ave, it takes about 5 mins! Stunning South Beach itself is two blocks away, you can hire sunbeds and umbrellas for the day, pay $32 at the hotel (which goes on your bill) or pay $30 to the attendant at the beach in cash, thats for 2 beds and an umbrella.
Our room was on the 5th floor overlooking the front of the hotel, we did think it would be noisy but we were never disturbed by road noise or revellers leaving the bar next to the lobby in the night! The room was spacious with two double beds, TV, all the usual bathroom facilities & toiletries provided. The room was cleaned very nicely each day with plenty of towels left.
Free tea and coffee is available throughout the day also iced water by the pool was greatly appreciated. The pool area needs a little attention/renovation but is clean & very quiet with plenty of sunbeds and umbrellas no matter what time during the day you wanted to use them. Pool towels are free to use but they only put a small amount out so a trip to reception is sometimes needed to get them. At the weekends they sometimes host a pool party which is very busy and rowdy so we stayed clear and went to the beach instead (they do tell you in advance that a party is arranged).There is a small gym near the pool which always seemed to be empty.
The reception staff were all very friendly. Check in and out was very quick and smooth.
There are lots of places to eat, drink and shop on Lincoln Road, there is also a CVS across the road from the hotel which always seemed to be open and came in very handy for drinks & snacks etc
If you want to book trips or bus tours etc there is a shop around the corner which is also the pick up/drop off stop for trips.
This hotel is great value for money in a fab location, we stayed 12 nights, thoroughly enjoyed it and would recommend

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank 363cymru123
Reviewed 17 August 2017

We stayed here for a week in July on honeymoon, and absolutely loved this hotel. Possibly partly because we got upgraded to a penthouse (!!) which was enormous and had a huge bathroom and balcony (with its own toilet?!). The room was to die for, and this certainly added to our enjoyment of the hotel.
The staff were all fairly young and possibly a little inexperienced.. so we found we needed to ask for things rather than them being offered (such as pool towels) but that was fine, and they were most helpful in arranging things. The hotel also has some bikes which you can borrow for a few hours or a day, (for a few dollars) and so we cycled along south beach one day which was fab.
The hotel pool and lounge area is very nice, as is the overall location as its not on the beach but only 1-2 blocks back so very handy, and doesn't come with an 'on-the-beach' hotel price tag! Its also nearer the streets with all the bars and restaurants on.
I would certainly look to stay here again if/when we return to Miami.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sarah S
Reviewed 26 July 2017

This is a good hotel on lincoln road, close to the shop and the beach. Really good location. Internet is good and the room are beautiful and clean. The cleaning girls are nice, people at the reception are "OK"... Breakfast is expensive and really too basic, no choice nd every day the same.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Mark U
AlbionManagement, Guest Relations Manager at Albion South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2017

Dear Mark U,

Thank you for the kind review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and are certainly happy to hear that you liked our location, our rooms and the quality of our WI-FI
Our goal is not only for every guest to chose the Albion but also to make sure they come back, therefore we are very exigent with the service we offer including the housekeeping performance, our staff will be happy to hear your compliments

Next time you visit Miami, please do not hesitate to contact me directly and I will personally make sure to offer you a very special rate.

Maximo Soncini
Revenue Manager
maximo@rubellhotels.com

Reviewed 20 July 2017

When I think of South Beach, this is the type of place I think of. Hotel lobby has a nice open feel to it, comfy chairs out front to sit in and people watch, a pool out back, and a vibe that just makes you want to relax and take it easy. Throw in a 5 minute walk to the beach, and it's almost a no brainer... almost.

I was given room #706 when I checked in. I stepped around some of the construction that was going on downstairs to what looked like the bar area and got into the elevator. No floor 7. I had 6 and then Penthouse. I headed up to the Penthouse level and stepped out of the elevator, and all of the rooms were PH followed by a number. Going back down to the 6th floor, all of the rooms started with a 6, so I went back down to the registration desk and was told I was in PH6. One would think the front des would assign room numbers that actually existed, or they would have mentioned "hey.. you're on the Penthouse level".

After I realized I was on the Penthouse level, I was excited. Wow.. how fancy am I? I would tell people I saw around the pool that I was staying on the penthouse level and wait to see how jealous they were. I heard that Taylor Swift was staying in the area, and I wondered if she would be in the penthouse suite next to me.

All of this daydreaming ended the second I waved my room key in front of the door and it opened. My definition of a Penthouse suite and the Albion Hotel's were vastly different. This got me thinking... maybe I don't know what the definition of a penthouse really is. So, I looked it up.

Penthouse: /'penthous/ noun: an apartment (or hotel room) on the top floor of a tall building, typically luxuriously fitted and offering fine views

The folks at The Albion got the first part right.. it was on the top floor... but they sure missed the second part. My view: the CVS Pharmacy. luxuriously fitted? No. I had a cinder block room painted bright white, a bed, a desk, and a bathroom that didn't have hot water. That's pretty much it.

Now don't get me wrong.. I'd stay here again because how long are you really in your room anyway? The bed was comfortable and a freezing cold shower does tend to wake you up at 5 am.

In spite of it all, the staff was friendly, the lobby area was really nice, and I didn't get bedbugs. I guess that's all you can really hope for.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank Jon C
AlbionManagement, Guest Relations Manager at Albion South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2017

Dear Jon C,

Reading your review we have noticed a few details didn't match with the Albion Hotel, then we realized you copied and pasted a review posted two years ago (2015) in Yelp.
We regret to hear back then your experience at the Albion wasn't what you expected but please note we have fully renovated the property since your last stay.
Our Penthouse Suites range from 650 to 950 square feet including the terrace, in the same floor we also count with two Deluxe King rooms which we allocate to many of our corporate travelers as the rooms are slightly larger than our regular rooms in a quiet area. Our website offers a complete description of every room.

Next time you visit us please do not hesitate to contact me directly and I will be honored to personally offer you one of our upscale rooms based on availability.

Warm Regards,