2 of us (adults) just returned last night,8/26, from another wonderful 7-nt stay @ The ALBION SoBe, celebrating a "special" occasion. We were upgraded to one of the Penthouse Suites (PH8) and we were ELATED! Thank-You Mr. Maximo Soncini for your gracious hospitality and generosity in giving us the opportunity to stay in PH8 which was AWESOME! What a view! and HUGE ROOFTOP TERRACE w/outdoor shower and wetbar!! This was GREAT because we were able to go outside without leaving our room! The HUGE bathroom and shower were great too. And the BEDS are ALWAYS HEAVENLY! This was our 4th stay @ The ALBION SoBe since Dec. 2015 and we won't stay anywhere else. The Location and Comfort of the Hotel is GREAT! You are close to ALL that SoBe has to offer. While there, we took the $9 each way GO-BUS to KEY WEST for the day which was a STEAL! You get picked up and dropped off just around the corner from the ALBION, on Washington @ the Park across from BELLA CUBA restaurant. Leaves SoBe @ 7a...Arrives K.W. 1130am ish. Then it leaves K.W. @ 7p arrives back to SoBe 11p. The bus to K.W. was a DOUBLEDECKER (enclosed top level not openair) w/lavatory. On the return, a nice regular motorcoach w/lav. Make sure to bring a hoodie! It gets FREEZING in the bus! BRRRRR. Despite the off and on rainy week we had, Key West was fun! A must do if you've never been.
Thanks again for another AWESOME stay @ The ALBION SoBe! :) Hope to see you once again in DEC. 2017 for stay #5 @ "our home away from home" in SoBe.
P.S. I have listed below restaurants we visited (and some we re-visit when in SoBe) that we find enjoyable. Just look them up for details:
1. Big Pink : Has a HUGE menu Diner-like casual dining ALWAYS a re-visit
2. Puerto Sagua : Deliciosa Comida Cubana Autentica ALWAYS a re- visit (3x this trip!)
3. Havana 1957 Lincoln Rd Mall: Good Cuban food and close to ALBION.
4. Les Moulins La Fayette: Nice New French Patisserie across the street from ALBION.
5. Pizza Rustica: Italian/Pizzeria on Lincoln Road Mall
6. 11th St. Diner: Typical Silver/Chrome and Neon Diner w/big menu and BAR! re-visit always
7. Thai House SoBe: on Washington. Very good Thai Cuisine/and service. re-visit
8. Spris: Italian/Pizzeria very good pizza & calzone
9. Babylon Turkish Restaurant: Wonderful Turkish food/ambiance/service. 3rd time revisit.
10. Bella Cuba: cute,funky, nice, w/ great Cuban food around the corner on Wash. from ALBION.
In Key West we ate @: Sloppy Joe's Bar for Lunch A MUST do when in K.W. and Turtle Kraals on the waterfront near where the bus drops off/picks up. Convenient!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Albion Hotel, a hip South Beach Hotel and one of the coolest Miami Beach Hotels located directly on stylish Lincoln Road Mall. The Albion Hotel location is considered the most central to shopping, dining, and nightlife of all South Beach Hotels. The Albion Hotel South Beach is ideally situated in the heart of flashy South Beach Miami, Florida. Miles of beautiful beaches and the Miami Beach Convention Center are just one block from this Miami Beach Hotel gem. Guests at Albion, a 3.5 star South Beach Hotel enjoy convenient access to Florida tourist attractions, many of which are within walking distance to the hotel, including Ocean Drive and the Art Deco District. Miami International Airport is approximately 20 minutes from Albion Hotel South Beach. Transportation from Miami International Airport (MIA) can be arranged through the Albion Hotel Miami Beach for a fee. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Albion South Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Albion South Beach Hotel Miami Beach
- Albion South Beach Miami
- Albion Hotel Miami
- Albion Miami